Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #1  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Default I refuse to Quit!!!!!

So today I was feeling stressed upset sad .... And it took every bit of strength I had to not turn to food for comfort and I stayed within my calories.

..I went online and read my old weight loss blog from two years back. And I realized something. I refuse to quit this time because I don't want to let myself down when I deserve better. As I read the blog it brought up so many emotions for me --- I saw the hopes that I had written about for myself, about the dreams that I had for myself two years ago and how I had failed myself. I know that this time I want to look back and think to myself - wow I did it and it took a lot of dedication and sacrifice but I did it for myself.

I found a post that I had put on my blog that was originally from a forum and I thought it expresses really how i feel now:
Climb The Mountain
I tried to climb the mountain today. As I inched my way up the path, I felt out of breath and had to turn back.
I tried to climb the mountain today. But, It was so hot outside, I thought I had better stay in my nice air-conditioned house and rest up for tomorrow's attempt.
I tried to climb the mountain today. On my journey, darkness started to fall and I was full of fear, so I had to return to a safe place.
I was ready to climb the mountain today. But I had so may other things to do, so instead of climbing the mountain I took care of the much more important tasks; I washed my car, mowed the grass and watched the big game. Today the mountain will have to wait.
I was going to climb the mountain today. But as I stared at the mountain in all it's majestic beauty, I knew I had no chance of making it to the top, so I figured why even begin trying.
I had forgotten about climbing the mountain today, until an old friend came by and asked what I was up to lately. I told him about all my plans to climb that mountain someday. I went on and on about how I was going to accomplish the task.
He stopped me and said, "I just got back from climbing that mountain. for the longest time I told myself I was going to try to climb it but never made any progress."
"I almost let the dream of making it to the top die. I came up with every excuse of why I could not make it up the mountain, but never once did I give myself a reason why I could. One day as I stared at the mountain and pondered, I realized that if I didn't make an attempt at this dream all my dreams would eventually die."
" The next morning, I started my climb. It was not easy, and at times I wanted to quit. But no matter what I faced, I placed one foot in front of the other, keeping a steady pace. When the wind tried to blow me over the edge, I kept walking. When the voices inside my head screamed, stop! I focused on my goal, never letting it out of sight. I kept moving forward. I could not quit because I knew I had come too far to stop now. Time and time again, I reassured myself that I was going to finish this journey. I struggled mightily to make it to the top, but I CLIMBED THE MOUNTAIN."
"I have to be going," my friend said. "Tomorrow is a new day to accomplish more dreams. By the way what are you going to do tomorrow?"
I looked at him, with intensity and confidence in my eyes, and said, "I HAVE A MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB."
originally by smalltownmom
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #2  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Oh boy, tears.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

This is great! Thanks for sharing
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Inspirational and so applicable.

See you at the top!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

yeah, we are climbing that mountain BABY!!!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Wonderful post, Thank you!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #7  
No description available.

Love it! Thanks so much for sharing!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #8  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

What a terrific little story. I think I will put it in my Blog to read when I need that extra kick in the butt.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #9  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

Height: 5'4"

Very inspiring! Thanks for posting that!
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

awesome metaphor

Last edited by Aclai4067; 08-14-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #11  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

We can all make it to the top! Let's go girls!

Thanks for posting!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #12  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks for posting that and not only giving yourself motivation but everyone else on here that reads this and needs that kick in the butt.

Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #13  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

That is an awesome story. I am so glad you are still climbing the mountain.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #14  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

very cool. I love it.

I've never been very good at keeping journals, I got them as gifts so many times, until I had this stack of blank paged books (!).

for some reason, with the weight loss effort, I did well writing my weight every week, with little notes, kept track of my body measurements over time, and had charts and entries, glued inspiring pics, wrote goals.

I had one period of several months when I stopped, then did it again. It's a great resource, let me tell you. Not only to remind myself of what I wanted to do, but to see how much I've done, and what I was struggling with, and my fluctuations and weight loss patterns.

I know this is a bit of a sideways response to your post; it just made me think about how easy it can be for me to forget what has gone into the process, and what's involved, and for me to deal with my own progress and challenges better.

I'll finish by saying, major congrats, caliyah, on staying OP when you're sad, upset and stressed. you mountain climber, you!! journal that to remember that you did that.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #15  

Wow. Thanks for sharing that!
jamiewyn is offline   Reply With Quote