Old 08-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of Aug. 10, 2009

It's hazy, hot, & humid here today--87 with a heat index in the 90's. My head is throbbing from the temperature changes

Had a busy weekend but overall it went well. I made dinner for DS #2's birthday and ended up including my GF with her 2 kids. Everything turned out well.

Tonight I'm working at WW (filling in for someone) so I'll be having a late dinner. I need to do some cleaning when I get home and some thank you cards for the flowers that we got. My mom is hanging in there and I'm sure some days are easier than others, at least I know that's the case for me.

Hard to believe it's August!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:24 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, You're having weather like ours. It has been extremely hot here and we haven't had our daily soaking showers; not sure what's going on.

I worked at the Habitat for Humanity house on Saturday--I've learned a lot about building houses. Golfed on Sunday and had a good game. I'm really struggling with my eating. Got on the scale yesterday and I'm not doing well at all--4 pounds since July's weigh-in. I've been snacking and drinking too much. I've kept my activity up, but I just don't lose the weight. Argh!
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #3  

Lisa, it's still warm here today but not as humid as yesterday. Our weather has been strange, not really a summer by our standards. We have lots of green tomatoes on the vine but no red ones yet and usually by this time we're enjoying fresh tomatoes.

I've been struggling with my eating as well; poor planning is probably the biggest part of the puzzle. I need to get back into making recipes and having things on hand. My weight has been up and down for the last 6 months with the thyroid problems, stress, and emotional eating. I'm hoping things calm down a little.

I'm getting back into walking again and hopefully that'll help with my eating issues.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #4  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, Glad you're walking again. I'm trying to walk twice a day to give my metabolism a kick.

This is my short week. This weekend, I'll be walking a 5K on Saturday and hope to play golf on Sunday.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #5  

Good morning! The temps continue to be nice and the weekend looks great. We might actually be able to get our deck re-stained! I'm hoping the forecast holds so we can get it done. We haven't really had a long string of days where it hasn't rained. Our tomatoes are finally getting ripe so hopefully the nice weather will continue.

I've been trying to get out and walk although I have to admit the last few days I've been so tired! I've been taking catnaps after work and I know that's a signal that my thyroid meds aren't where they need to be. I'm going to put a call into the doctor later this morning and see if we can move my blood work up or increase my dose. I hate the dizzy/tired feeling

I haven't really seen my GF from Florida--she's been busy with going to see her dad, doing things with the kids, etc. I'm hoping to get together with her Sunday/Monday. She leaves on Tuesday

I have a quiet weekend for the most part--the only thing planned is the deck and work at WW on Sunday morning. I'm hoping to "sleep in" tomorrow.