Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Smile Body improvements - hands and wrists

I have lost a lot of weight but still have so much more to lose. When I look in the mirror, I can see the improvement now but I still have so much fat. It helps me to focus on the positive changes instead of on the fat that is still there.

Anyway, for the positive, I love the way my hands and wrists have changed. I have gone down at least 2 ring sizes in each hand. I had to quit wearing my wedding rings because I am afraid that I will lose them. I bought an inexpensive band to wear because I don't want to resize my diamond ring until I have hit goal.

My hands and wrists flow together well now. I loved losing that little bump where my wrists met my hands. Well, at least it is almost gone and I look forward to it being completely gone. I wear bracelets now just because I can!

They also help me stay on program. When I am tempted to eat something that does not work for me, I look down at my hands and wrist to remind myself that this is really working.

We don't have to wait until we hit goal to enjoy our body changes. Little changes count! What changes to your body do you enjoy?
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Wooo!! That is sooo great
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #3  
One day at a time!

Onederchic,

Thanks! What parts of your body do you like now? You look great in your pictures so there must be something you like!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #4  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

For some reason my waist draws my attention (whether I'm actually losing inches there I don't know - I don't measure myself that often).

Of course I hide it under baggy tshirts - I guess at some point I'll pull on a wow-factor top and knock everyone out or something
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #5  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Im loving calf muscles I accidentally discovered a couple of weeks ago. And my face -- it looks like me again not a little puffball.

Congrats on the hands and wrists time2lose, sometimes it really is those small things that make us realize what we look like, big or small.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I love this! focus on the POSITIVE can only be a good thing!!! I don't like reading about girls getting down on themselves, or only seeing the bad parts! I like my hands/wrists too, even at my fattest my fingers were thinner than they should have been lol, and now even more so! I can wear 'regular' bracelets now, which is good! I also like my feet more! still a size 9 but I don't have to wear boring ugly Birks anymore, my feet fit into everything now yay!!!! that shocked me actually ~ it's like a big puffy ball on top of my foot up to my ankle disappeared yay!!!

And I have nice teeth
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #7  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I wear an ankle bracelet 24/7 and right before I quit my convenience store job I had gained so much weight and my ankles were so swollen that I had to take off the anklet because it was cutting into my skin. It is back on and amazingly loose on me. I love how slim my ankles are becoming.

I also like that my legs are slimming down. I see it in the shower when I'm shaving my legs. My calves are slimmer and firmer and that unsightly outer thigh bulge is actually decreasing. My thighs are much firmer now as well. I thank all that gym time for these improvements.

And yesterday, I had to buy a new pair of pants and I swear my behind is looking a little less pronounce.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #8  

I love how you can actually see the bones in my hands now
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #9  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Actually I've always liked my ankles too!

Thanks for starting this thread - Trazey is right, focus on the positive!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #10  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Definitely the hips - for some reason its coming off there much more quickly than my waist this time. That big bulge behind the pelvic bone is just gone - I'm not sure where it went! And my thighs are slimming down nicely too. I'm sure Jillian Michaels and all those squats are contributing to this. But I know it's not my imagination, because my husband has commented on it.

Now if my waist/stomach would just catch up . . .
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

My feet. They are long and slim and belong to someone MUCH thinner than I. You can see all of the bones and they are incredibly sexy. I love my feet

Comment about wrists: that little bump on the SIDE is not wrist cancer lol! I hadn't seen it in SO LONG that's what I thought it was!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #12  
One day at a time!

This is exciting. I love hearing about the positive changes we are seeing!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #13  

I am so glad for you!! keep on keeping on
Smileydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #14  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

My neck and jawline. I have to say I have always had a fat face, but it is thinning out nicely. And I totally get the wrist thing. I can now see the little bone in my wrist. I still have a long way to go, but I am enjoying the changes I see.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I would have to say my hips. I also like feeling my ribs.

I have the same problem w my wedding rings. I am not sure what size ring I wear now. My ring's are 7's and fall off my finger. I am still deciding how I should proceed--getting them sized or whatever. Mentally, I don't think I am there yet.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote