Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 09:54 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300 + And Ready To Try Again....#240

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:14 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good Morning, everyone! I'm supposed to be typing a report that's due in 45 minutes, but what am I doing??? Catching up with all of you. Procrastination, once again.

Yesterday went pretty well. I did much better foodwise than I've done in a long time. I didn't journal, or get in all my veggies so I can't say I was 'on program', but I'm pretty sure I was within my points range.

Sara: A 'piggy-back' ride? OMG! Again I say: How fun to be young and in love!

Dollar: Isn't it funny how our shapes take on a different look each time we gain and lose weight. I know this time when I put it on it's all in the a$$ and thighs. YUCK!!!

Baylee: Oh honey, [[[[[HUGS]]]]]. I hope you find out real soon what's going on. The wait must be excruciating!

Duckie: That is just awful about the foreclosure! OMG, what are you going to do. It really sucks that your landlord is such a schmuck!!!!!

Katrina: Good advice. I wouldn't have thought of the law aspect of Duckie's situation.

Tontoy: Great! Another 2 pounds! Good going!

LuckyLadyBug: What are we going to do with you???? No holiday spirit??? YIKES! I put a little something at the bottom of this post, just for you!

Well girls, I really do have to get that report done. I'll see ya all later.

Last edited by thinthinker; 11-13-2002 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:25 AM   #3  

Hey gals,

I took Kats advice and told an on line lawyer about my prediciment, and he had some very good advice, this is what he said

Hi Tania, and thank you for writing. Although I don't specialize in landlord and tenant disputes I will try to answer this to the best of my abilites.

A lot of your questions are actually dependant upon which province you live in as each province has different legislation (In Alberta it's the Landlord & Tenant Act). If I don't provide you with sufficient information you can always access a provincial website, or talk to your MLA. Both should be able to help. Now let's address your questions!

First of all, I completely side with you that it was a horrible thing for your landlord to do to keep the rent and not advise you of the foreclosure, however he technically has no obligation to tell you. The true property owner (the bank or it's lawyers in most cases) has the responsibility to advise you of the foreclosure, in which case they did. As to whether they took all steps to ensure you received notice is questionable. They shouldn't have just left it in your door.

As for your other question, whether you can get them to let you stay for a while longer, that's something that you will probably have to discuss with the bank foreclosing, or your lawyer. In many cases like this you can bring the landlord before a civil court to sue for moving costs and any inconvenience associated with his negligence of not paying the mortgage and as a result, having you moved out.

Once more Tania, you'll have to check with your provincial statutes, acts and regulations to be sure of your rights as each province has different legislation.

On a personal note, I never consider people who live in a trailer to be "trailer trash." In fact I know quite a few wonderful people who live in mobile homes. Keep your head up, the law will work in the favour of the disadvantaged!

Still don't know what I'm going to do, waiting for the lawyers, who are in charge of this foreclosure to call me back. I so want to call up my landlord and lay into him, maybe leave a nasty message on his voice mail, that way I don't have to hear any of the lies, he has thought up.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:48 PM   #4  

Default Hey Ladies!

Just popping in for a second before heading off to the gym to post a couple of replys!

Baylee: I just wanted to send you hugs too. It must be weighing on your mind heavily. Let us know any progress or how you're feeling, okay?

Duckie: OMG! I feel for you SO much. It's so unfair that you have to scramble around like this at the last minute. Hopefully you're settled again before Christmas!

Okay. That's it for me this time! I really was brief for once! Fancy that!

Sara
270/179/150
Old 11-13-2002, 01:14 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

I lost a LONG post before, somehow...just can't seem to gather my thoughts again...I'll be back later to try...but in the meantime, I just had to say...

Duckie...I'm with Baylee...don't do anything to make yourself look bad. Let him do that all by himself. If anything, just let him know that you have contacted an attorney to review your options. (He doesn't need to know who, what, why or when) Let him sweat a little.

Baylee...{{{hugs}}} and best wishes to you...I hope everything's okay.

I'll be back...
Old 11-13-2002, 06:51 PM   #6  

What is a needle aspiration????? Baylee??
Old 11-13-2002, 07:42 PM   #7  
I'm on my way!

DUCKIE!!! You tell the attorney or the mortgage company that you need X amount of dollars in order to move and YOU tell them you need more time. Nine times out of ten they will give you $1000 to move and also give you the extra time because it cost more to do an eviction. They would have to go through the eviction process if you did not move out by the time on that letter. Me miss property manager use to work for a real estate company that managed foreclosed properties and we were forever paying off the $500 to $1000 that the people needed in order to move out. Stand your ground! They can't just put you out on the street especially with a child. No judge in the world would put a child on the street!! Even if their lousy parent didn't pay rent for months.....let us know how you make out!

Sorry not to be able to reply to everyone tonight! I am bushed! I need to make lunches and get clothes ready again tonight. I have two more days in Reading then I take over my own store which is only about 5 miles away! I also have a second interview for that Credit Analyst job on Monday night at 7 pm. They must be really really interested in me to do an interview at 7...I have to work till 6:15 pm on Monday so they accommodated me!

OK gotta run! I'll catch up to you all again for sure this weekend!

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-13-2002, 09:30 PM   #8  

Okay, Thin, I can find that kind of guy all on my own....Tina help me!!!! YOU know the kinda guy to look for....

Are we chatting this weekend?

Baylee I am thinking of you and praying you are just fine. Hmmmm is it all that "pecker hunting" that is getting you down

Are you all done Christmas shopping?

See you all tomorrow...Here's a hug for you Baylee....
Old 11-13-2002, 10:09 PM   #9  

DONE Christmas shopping?!?!
Old 11-14-2002, 02:19 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning friends... it is 1:30am so it must be time for me to post. LOL. I really need to be in bed... I have a dentisit appointment early in the morning, in fact, I have two. The early one is for x-rays and 11am is for cleaning. It sure makes me mad I have to come back. Grrrrrr

Happy Belated Birthday Tina!!!!!!!!
I hope it was as great as you.
I must have missed your story about the "Big & Tastey". I hear everyone referring to it all the time.... send me a PM and fill me in.
Congrats on the weight loss.

Baylee... I am soooo sorry to hear about your tests. I cannot imagine how scarey that must be for you. My sister is fighting cancer as we speak, but we don't communicate well about it. All I can do for her is say a prayer. I will add you to that prayer. {{HUGS}}

Malia !!!!!!!!! WELCOME HOME !!!!!! We all want to see pictures. It sounded wonderful !!! My daughter is going to Italy and London this spring or summer. Any hints for her??

Sara.... I sent you my address for the card exchange. I sure hope everyone encloses a photo too.

Duckie.... I am soooo sorry to hear about your rental problems.
I agree... it will be hard , but hold your tongue for now. We want the landlord to look bad and we certainly don't want to give him any ammunition against you in case it goes to court.
And one more thing.... don't you ever call yourself "trailer trash" !!
I have many friends and family who have/had lived in a trailer. Please don't ever think of yourself in that way again. That is like saying all overweight people are slobs. You are a beautiful person no matter where you live or if you are thin or overweight.

Thin.... you are as busy as ever... if not more. Did you get to see any movies during all of those longgggg hours.?? I have missed our chats.

Although I have missed all of you.... I need to get going now.
don't want to fall asleep while they are working on my teeth. LOL ... as if that is possible. LOL

I stayed on program pretty good for the last week... then tonight... ate 4 cookies. Oh well... it is not the end of the world. I am back on track already. Just frustrating when you have been doing sooo good.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:31 AM   #11  

Happy Birthday Tina!

A fellow November birthday. My big 4-0 is on November 19th. My last week at 39. Oh well, nothing stops time from marching on.

On the subject of handsome men. In Brussels, there were oodles of tall handsome men due to a European Union meeting. I wanted to be blatant and take pictures, but it was too obvious. Our tour director said the Italian men were very handsome. Well our first encounter in Venice left us dry. We kept asking each other, did you see any??? But left disappointed. In Rome, we hit the jackpot. Wavy black hair, fair skin, beautiful everything. Later in Florence, I thought the statue of David in Florence looked like Elvis Sigh. I must say I loved this vacation. Eye candy, chocolates, designated driver. It was an adventure every day.

Well five pounds loss on the trip is good, but upon my return I haven't returned to my pre-trip level with eating and exercising. I'm glad to be back onsite I need your encouraging process to get on focus. Or I'll be crying in the months to come.

My first goal is to drink water and eat fruits tomorrow.

Baylee, do what you have to do. Stay strong and meet each challenge head on. You're doing a fine job of it. I look up to you. I wish I had the courage to do what needs to be done.

2cute, here is a good website to start on your daughter's visit to London. http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tfl/ I used the tube to get to sights in between the group excursions. It was quick and very interesting. She'll need to find her hotel's street address and find out the closest tube station.

Take care,
Malia

Last edited by prism; 11-14-2002 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:08 AM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Wink I'm working on it Lucky........

How about this?
Old 11-14-2002, 09:29 AM   #13  
Progress..not perfection

Well, here I am! 2cute, I don't remember what thread it was on, but the gist of the whole big and tasty thing was that me and dh has were intimate and the minute he did the dismount, (sorry.....that was crude) he said, "Hey Tina, isn't the Big n Tasty on sale at McDonalds for .99 cents?" As I said, and I still say, there is just something that bothers me about the words big, tasty & .99 cents after sex. What do you think?

Well, I have to officially report that I have been very VERY bad the last couple of days. You know, it's the whole thing......I think I've run the gammit of emotions. The old voice that says, "It's just one day........eat what you want." But one day turned into two. But it will not turn into three. The old devil on your shoulder saying, "Well, you've already blown it today......just go ahead and eat." Then before you know it, your totally out of control. I did ok for the most part on my birthday......but I definitely went over the ol' points and I did really well yesterday morning, but then last night...........well, it's probably better I don't talk about it. Let me just say that it was not pretty. But, yesterday was yesterday and I can't change it. But I CAN be accountable for what I do today and I will be.

Thanks again for all of your wonderful birthday wishes. You guys are the best! I thought I would tell you a little bit about what my lovely family did for me on my birthday. They threw me a surprise party! I have never had one of those before and it was the best! My friend Kimmie, (who I work with) lured me to the park to go walking while Ron and everyone else got the house ready. When we got back, there were balloons everywhere.....it was the best. They did make me cry though, because it is awesome to know someone cares enough about you to take time away from their lives to do something for you. I'm printing all the responses from my birthday posts and keeping them in my journal. Here is what the card said that Ron gave me. Wouldn't it make you cry too?

TO MY WIFE

In case you were wondering, I notice........

I notice how hard you work
to make things the best they can be.
I notice how much you give,
never expecting anything in return.
I notice that you never forget
to play or laugh or love
or make me feel important......
And in case
you were wondering,
I notice how incredible you are
at being a wife
and still finding time
to be my friend.

Happy Birthday
Love Always

I will love you always......
Ron

Isn't he a sweetie? He was almost guaranteed a WHOPPER that night! Well, I'm gonna hop off here for now. I feel like I've been sitting here forever. Hello to all my family and I hope your doing well today. Malia, welcome home. We've missed you!

Last edited by QueenB; 11-14-2002 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:07 PM   #14  

Default Shopping!

Now, I know this is gonna SHOCK all you ladies BUT do ya know what puts me in a really good mood?! SHOPPING! I know, I know... it's crazy, but true! It's especially nice to shop in a regular store, one you've always walked by, never daring to think that you'd soon be it's patron!

I went shopping at Suzy Shier last night. I'm not sure if you guys down south have them but they are full of stylish and trendy clothes. I bought a form-fitting sweater and a cool, funky shirt I will wear out in the evenings! I coulda bought SO much more but I've gotta pace myself until I've reached my goal weight. They had some NICE jeans that I KNOW will fit me when I buy some new pants before Christmas. (I gotta look good for all that family that hasn't seen the new, improved me!)

Speaking of Christmas, and the Christmas Card Exchange, I'm definitely gonna try and include a picture of myself (and probably hubby too) but I'm gonna wait until the last possible moment to take the pictures and send the cards out so that I'm as skinny as possible in the pictures! I guess the longest I can wait is less than 3 weeks from now seeing as how most of the xmas cards have to get all the way down to you southerners!

Duckie... You were on my mind this morning! I'm really hoping everything gets worked out for you! It's amazing. I've never even met you but your situation was filling my thoughts as I got ready to drive my hubby to work!

Baylee... Just wanted to say that I'm still thinking of you and sending positive energy your way! You're absolutely right; there is no need to put up a positive front with us if you're not feeling that way right now. Repeated medical issues can certainly take a toll on your psyche. Btw, I DO find it so strange to be able to feel my hip bones. When hubby is snuggling me at night he says, "You're SO boney!" At 179 pounds, I'm far from boney but now it actually feels like I have a skeleton somewhere inside of me!

Tina... That was a very sweet card that your hubby gave to you! And the surprise party! It's awesome that your family cares for you so much! AND, you too are absolutely right; just because you've been off plan for a couple of days doesn't mean you can't hop right back onto that wagon! You're doing SO amazing so DON'T let this moment be responsible for losing sight of your goal!

Okalie-dokalie. Gotta grab some lunch, head out to the gym, shower, teach a couple of piano lessons, etc. so I'll catch all you chickies later!

Sara
Old 11-14-2002, 01:40 PM   #15  

Hello lady's

Well I kind of hit a roadblock, eating has been terrible, I can be such a good girl all day long and then when I sit down for dinner, I can't stop eating, I no I'm full but if there's any left overs I keep on picking at them all night, haven't been getting any veg and fruit in lately either, as of today no more piggy out in the evenings, and I need to cut down on the carbs.

Okay here's the update on my situation, as of yesterday, I talked to the lawyer who's handling the foreclosure, and she informed me that we were suppose to be out of there on September 7, but our landlord hadn't informed us, as well as he was telling the mortgage company his brother was interested in buying the place. So they let it slide, and now it's just getting stupid with the excuses he's been trying to pull. I still haven't heard from him, they said he hasn't paid on the mortgage since June, I was thinking of assuming the mortagage but there's no mortagage to assume any more. And were not in the position to get one on our own right now, ( credit's not so good, and we don't have a down payment ) They called me back and said we could stay till January 1st, if we send them a certified check for the rent weve been paying, it just doesn't sound fair, the mortage for the place was only $495, we were paying $600 dollars a month for rent, I think they should let us stay for the extra month free, and how would I go abouts getting money from them for moving fees, as I said before the letter wasn't hand delivered, The lawyer said they had a messenger company deliver it, the envelopes weren't even sealed and there's no address on the envelopes, there just plain brown envelopes, She also said they have a clause written up that says the the notice can be posted on a door, and that I can be given to the landlord or any person occupying the house. I don't know what to do, should I just find some where else to move into, pay my own damage deposit, and utility hook up fees, and any cost that may arrise in the move, or should I try to fight for a free months rent or even moving fees, and if I should fight who should I contact in order to go abouts doing this, I'm so confused. I just don't think its fair.

Thanks for all your advice, I not very good with confrontations, don't always no what to say, until an hour after I've talked the person's. Maybe I'll ask the online lawyers again.

TATA for now
Closed Thread