The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 08-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #1  

Red face Question on Biggest Loser

Hi there,

im new here and dont really know how it works around here. im from germany and lost about 25 pounds in the last 2 month (a lot of running and watching what i eat, at the moment i eat about 1200 -1300 calories a day). let me tell you watching the biggest loser online on youtube was and still is a big inspiration espacially jillian. my question is, here in germany the biggest loser is not shown on tv, is there a possibility to get it on dvd? i think i already watched everything about biggest loser on youtube and love to see the whole episodes not only pieces of it.

thanks
sarah
Old 08-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #2  

Hi Sarah,

First, hello to Germany. I love Germany, especially Stuttgart (have relatives there).
Second, CONGRATULATIONS on losing the weight! I know how hard this is. I’ve lost about the same amount as you in March, but I’ve gained some of it back, so now I decided to join this forum to help me stay motivated until the next season of the Biggest Loser. I love this show too. Well, I watch it mostly because of Jillian, I think she’s just amazing.
Regarding the DVDs, I don’t think there are any official DVDs, except for those workout ones, BUT if you're happy with a youtube quality, maybe I can help you. Just send me a PM and I'll explain.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #3  
starting over again

Netflix has season 1 listed but only to "save" to your queue, since it has not been released. I doubt they would have even added it if there were no plans to ever release the show on DVD. So I guess we just have to wait.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #4  
starting over again

Just found this on amazon.com. Apparently you can buy individual episodes from season 6 and 7.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&redirect=true
Old 08-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #5  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

I didn't realize Amazon was even doing that. I always check the TV, especially the health channels, Like Discovery Health, and other cable channels, because they tend to run the seasons on there - in completion too. I think the new season starts mid-September - a few weeks from now!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

September 15th!!!! Totally Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #7  

Hi Enigma27,

i hope you got my pm...
im not sure.....
please explain

thx
sarah
Old 08-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #8  

Marms, THANK YOU for the link, I didn’t even know this existed.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #9  

Sarah, I didn’t get your PM. I just found out you need to have at least 10 posts before you can start sending them, so I can't send you any either. I wanted to tell you that I have a couple of seasons of the BL show on my computer and could try to send you via MSN/email/regular mail, but I don’t want to post my personal information here for everyone to see. I got it from my friend, I think he recorded it when the show was on TV, I doubt he knew about the Amazon options Marms mentioned.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #10  

Enigma27, i can´t get the episodes from amazon cause im in germany, i tried but it wont work.

it would be easier via mail... i have it @hotmail.com you have to put my name sarah weyers (without the space)

maybe it is easier via mail.

thx
Old 08-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #11  
this time it's for real

S/C/G: 201/159/135

Height: 5'2"

I THINK you can watch complete episodes on hulu but I'm not positive, and I haven't checked which seasons are available. Plus, it's free!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #12  

it says that you only can watch videos on hulu if you are within the united states... but im in germany

someone with other ideas?

thanks sarah
Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #13  
starting over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma27 View Post
Marms, THANK YOU for the link, I didn’t even know this existed.
You're welcome. I didn't know amazon had a video on demand site either and I use amazon all the time! Yay for google search.

Sarah,

Other than the proxy trick, the only thing I can think of is using keepvid.com to download the youtube videos.

Last edited by Marms; 08-12-2009 at 09:22 PM.