Old 08-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/238/140

Height: 5'5"

Talking Tips and Personal reviews?

Hello. My name is Lexi and I'm 18 years old. When I created my account this weekend, I weighed 235 pounds and already weigh 231.2 pounds today.
My weight is always bouncing and I'd like some tips on what you personally have done for your progress.

Any recipes, meal plans, certain diets or exercise plans are VERY helpful indeed.

Also, I'd like to know... my mom ordered Flirty Girl Fitness for me and we have it right now. I haven't tried it quite yet cause I'm afraid of someone seeing me.
Does it give you results and how long do these results take.

Thanks!!
soxmanyxemotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #2  

Please, can anyone help?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You can find tons of tips and advice for different plans in the Diet Central here - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/#diet-central

As for the fitness program, I haven't a clue. I have never heard of it.

Good luck with your goals.

Last edited by Onederchic; 08-11-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I count calories on www.sparkpeople.com and eat 1700 cals a day (for my weight and to lose 2 lbs a week this seems to be ideal) I lose 1-2 lbs per week and I exercise in SOME way almost every day now.

I do cardio, strength training and yoga.

Also, as far as people seeing you exercise, I hate that to, but I hate them seeing me fat even more.
www.sparkpeople.com has saved me. I just can't do this alone and there is a lot of support there and lots of ways to track your fitness/nutrition so that you are doing it the healthy way.

A lot of us here are calorie counters, (i also eat a whole foods diet 90% of the time) which seems to be a good way to go sincelosng weight is mostlyl about calories in vs calories out.

also, come here for support, these ladies are a huge help to my success.

dont' look for it to happen overnight, it didnt' goon overnight, won't come off that way either.

you can do this.

Last edited by lottie63; 08-11-2009 at 02:51 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #5  

What is a whole foods diet?
Old 08-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm with Lottie. I use sparkpeople.com too to help track calories. I'm learning right now that "diet" is a four letter word and if you want real, long lasting results, you need to change the way you view food. My recommendation would be to use a BMR calc online to figure out how many calories you need (sparkpeople.com is free and it'll track your calories, your fitness goals, your weight goals and it helps keep track of your BMI and your required caloric intake, its got a TON of info on it, including recipes, you should definitly check it out!).
My other piece of advice...I use pretty much the same recipes I have always used. I substitute the ingrediants with low fat or fat free versions now and it really has made life a little easier on me.
After looking up the flirty girl fitness (wow-zah...are you doing the pole?), I'd move it to my bedroom with a dvd player, door shut, blinds closed if you don't want anyone to see you. As far as how fast the results are it all depends on your commitment and your body. Eat healthy, be active daily and you'll see results (at least scale wise) in a week. It might only be a pound or few (or it could be more) but the important part is your doing it and sticking with it (which is what we're here for)!
Congrats and best wishes on your weight loss! Feel free to chat us up anytime, for whatever reason!

Last edited by TaraLee; 08-11-2009 at 03:01 PM.
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

A whole foods diet is a diet that consists mostly or completely of foods that are eaten in a state close to how they are grown - fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean proteins, and other minimally processed foods. In practice, it means shopping the outer edges of the supermarket (the produce, dairy, meats, eggs, etc) and not the inner aisle, where most of the food is processed and of little nutritional value.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #8  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

thanks mandalinn!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Whole food diet is a diet where you use whole foods. Whole foods are foods that are unprocessed and unreflined. Think whole grains, wheats, fruits, veggies, fresh meats, organic foods. Processed foods (hamburger helper, processed lunch meats like oscary meyer stuff, pre-prepared foods that you'd pop in the oven just to cook like tatertots, chicken strips, pizza, etc) are avoided and most the foods you'd eat you'll be putting together yourself.
Most grocers are getting very good about carrying whole wheat versions of breads and pastas so lean towards those. Grab whole wheat bread instead of white, whole wheat pitas, spehgetti, etc. and hit up the organic isle for cereals and snacks.
Good luck!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #10  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I count calories via the daily plate (www.livestrong.com)....I eat mainly lean meats/seafood, whole wheat grains, veggies and fresh fruits.

Flirty Girl Fitness is fun! Just bite the bullet and try it, maybe when you are the only one at home.

Keep coming back here to 3FC...there is so much I have learned from these ladies!

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 08-11-2009 at 03:18 PM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #11  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

I count calories too, I find it the easiest Way of Eating to fit into real life, because you don't have to give up anything, you just have to keep to a calorie budget. Mine's 1200 - 1600.

I also try to eat whole foods, I cook from scratch and never use over-processed things, just fresh.

I try not to eat processed things like cookies and cakes but do have an occasional treat in a local cafe, provided I know its calorie content.

Last edited by Rosinante; 08-11-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: rogue apostrophe
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/149/135

Height: 5.5

Hi there!!!
Welcome, that's kinda funny coming from me, because I am new too. But I have been reading around the forums and everyone is very nice and supportive. As far as Flirty Girl Fitness, I haven't tried it sorry.
However, I did do the body makeovers program, it's online if you want to check it out (not the infomercial one) And that did wonders for me. They did a customized diet for me, However, it is a life style change program, but I have been steadily loosing weight atleast 1 to 3 pounds a week. Eating around 6 small meals a day. And it is a total detox as well. I love the program because I did not know how depressed I was, but once I detoxed and got my blood sugar undercontrol I have more energy and happyness than I know what do to with. And the weight keeps falling off. Basically you mix lean proteins turkey fish or chicken with fruits and veggies, and sometimes complex carbs like a yam or oatmeal. And I am almost to my goal. So I just keep plugging along
But welcome, and it is a fun jorney so I hope your excited!!! best of luck
Lillyblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #13  

Thank you guys.
Is the body makeovers program a paid program? If so how much is it and is it worth the money?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 316/ticker/150

I use the BodyBugg and track calories through them.
I work out (mostly resistance with some cardio ~ 5 hours/wk)
I try to hit 10,000 steps a day (BodyBugg tracks that)
I am using a meal plan of about 50-30-20 percents, carb - protein - fat
I weigh in daily and take the average of Fri, Sat, Sun to be my official weight.
I monitor my water and try to get 80 oz a day.
I limit my sodium and high frutose corn syrup.
I try to eat organic/nondrugged meats.

Advice:
- Everyone is different.
- Try not to put a time period on any short term goals around weight loss.
- Consistancy and persistance the key, not perfection.
- Account for and plan foods you love into your plan (ie, pizza, burgers, ice cream). Find ways to cook them in a less damaging or more nutritiously health ways.
- Move, physically move around. Become less efficient in daily life.

Last edited by quiffy; 08-11-2009 at 04:44 PM.
quiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #15  

It's hard for me to do this on my own. I'm used to having someone beside me when working out. My sister told me it's a lost cause and I'm not sure exactly if I can do this or not...