Old 08-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #1  

Height: 6'1

Default Feeling like I eat too much sugar....suggestions?

In trying to eat healthier I have noticed something. I'm eating too much sugar. But the thing is, I'm not eating stuff like candy bars or soda. I'm trying to eat 2 snacks, 1 between breakfast and lunch and the other one between lunch and dinner. Things I have picked up as snacks in the grocery store are fruits (bananas, apples, etc) and some light and fit yogurt which is around 60 cal. So far today I have eaten the banana with some peanut butter and I'm going to eat the other 2 items before I leave work. It seems like there is a lot of debate about how good fruit is for you and you should actually try to eat more veggies. But I'm out of ideas for snacks at work. My other standbys for work are carrot sticks and edamame. I think I need more variety. Does anyone have any ideas for some snacks I could eat at work that aren't too sugary?
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Well go for an organic peanut butter that has way less sugar in it, I like maranatha, and stick to lower sugar fruits like strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, grapefruit. Also for a sugar sub you could try Stevia, tastes way better than splenda IMO.
Hard boiled eggs I use as snacks alot. maybe hummus on cucumbers? VERY filling and if you get the garlic one it's YUMMY!
summersbluepits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #3  

Height: 6'1

Ohh yea! How could I forget about hummus? I love that stuff. Thank you.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Fruit will always be better than a candy bar

I eat a lot of fruit, nectarines, oranges, prunes, plums, apples, etc. I never really worry about the fruit I eat since I change it up a lot
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote