Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 12:21 PM   #1  

Angry Why I want to lose 120 lbs.

I want to live and live well.I want to get healthy and active and have more energy for my family.
I want to stand up, get up without struggling. I want to not be winded after taking one flight of stairs.
I'd like for my husband to have back the smaller girl that he married. He's a great guy and has never once been critical of my weight. I wore a size 5 when we met and now am a 22. I don't ever plan to be a size 5 again, but something close would be great!
I would like to be able to dress the way I want. For example, there is no way I can pick up a piece of vintage clothing at the size I am. I don't tuck my shirt in. Heck, I don't even like to wear skirts anymore because I hate the way my legs look. Not to mention that I have tattoos around my ankles and just feel trashy showing them ( and I love my tattoos). I didn't have that worry before I got this fat.

I don't want to hide anymore. cb:

~Coleen~
Old 11-13-2002, 04:08 PM   #2  

*HUGS Coleen*

I don't want to hide anymore either.

Old 11-13-2002, 09:03 PM   #3  

Thanks for the hug Jennifer! *HUGS Jennifer* By the looks of your sig, you are doing quite well. I need to make a progress sig too. I would like to have an accurate start weight though and I don't own a scale. Do you own a scale? I was thinking I could weigh at one of those 25 cent scales at the mall, but how accurate are those?
Old 11-16-2002, 07:08 PM   #4  
hot mom wanna be!

I want to wish you luck!!
I have NEVER been a 5 (well maybe a child size 5 when I was 5!) My smallest adult size was a 14. I am 5'8. I would be thrilled to be there now!! I started this weight loss journey at a size 26 (tight) and now wear a 20 or 22. Down 60 pounds!

I would say definately get a scale. At first I didnt have one either. A local grocery store had a quarter scale and it was accurate for me. I went there on Jan 1, 2001 and got on their scale before eating in the morning and started then. Almost two years now! I have since bought one at Target for like $29.00 It is digital and I like it cause I can weigh first thing in the morning and in the buff!

good luck to you!!
laura
Old 11-18-2002, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Colleen...

I know how you feel. I too want to lose the weight to be healthy and also to feel better about myself. Also I want to shop for clothes and not have that really disappointed feel about it.

And as for the scale thing, I say definitely get yourself a scale for at home. I haven't a clue how accurate the scales at the malls and such are.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:10 AM   #6  

Okay, I am going to buy a scale then. How often do you weigh yourself? I was thinking once a month might be good. I think once a week would be too often for me. I did go and weigh at one of those mall scales......252.9 My daughter weighed herself and said she thought it was weighing heavy. It said she weighed 119. I think it was pretty accurate..........

I would love to see something on the scale that starts with a 1!!!

~Coleen~
Old 11-18-2002, 11:16 AM   #7  

Oops! I forgot to say thanks and good luck to all of you too!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 11:16 AM   #8  

I think when you weigh should be up to you. I, personally weigh in every week and keep a chart on my fridge, so I am constantly reminded of where I am in my journey. But I know many others weigh monthly or even longer. I think that is should be up to you.
Good luck!
Old 11-18-2002, 01:37 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I weigh in every Monday. It kind of keeps me "aware" of where I am. I make myself face it once a week. When I am doing well, I pop on once or twice during the week too. Just can't help it.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:29 AM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I want to lose to see what I will look like as a thin adult. My lowest adult size was a size 20 & that was right after the phen-fen.

Good luck Coleen!!!
Old 11-22-2002, 12:02 AM   #11  
wsw

i want to lose weight to feel better physically and also feel better about myself. i wish you all the best of luck on your journey! i have ms and though it may not get any better (at this point, it has only gotten worse over the last couple of years), i can at least help myself by continuing to lose more weight. i have to use a wheelchair at times, and i think about my wonderful friends who push me in it and i also know it would be easier on them when i can get down to a normal weight. i also have back problems which could be eased at least some by my weight loss. i lose so slowly that i do better when i only weigh myself once a month or at least not too much more often than every couple of weeks, anyway. it's so different for everyone, though. i believe that whatever one's comfort level allows is what is important to do--not what's right for anyone else. again, i wish you the best! take care.
Closed Thread