General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/224/195

Height: 5''

Default New Rescue Kitty Needs Advice

I just rescued a cat from a bunch of hoodlums picking on him, I'm proud to say I did make those boys cry, I don't even want to describe what they where doing to the poor kitty. So here I am with a new cat and he's back to health and a little wacko who loves cat nip, not sure if I can find him a home since he fits so well with my gang.

The big problem, he likes to pee on things even though he's neutered. I've gone through this with my Crybaby and fixed it with adding a new litter box. But I can't find a way to get my wild child to quite. I'm pretty sure it's because he wants to be the boss in the house and mark his territory. I scrub and scrub the spots he pees on but he still goes to it. I also scrub the boxes once a week.

Any ideas? My vet has those plug-in things, but they are like $50-60 a pop and I can't find anyone who can say they work. I really don't want to buy something that doesn't work even though my vet says it might (I would love first hand experience). I've tried those sprays and even spraying him in the bottom with a water bottle when I catch him. It's not a infection either, he's been tested and came back clean.
MarySnidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Petsmart has plug in pheromone things and I think they are $20. Have you tried different types of litter?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #3  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

I went through this with a kitty, he was 'pissed' that I changed brands of litter and found a far corner of the house way on top of a shelf..to pee in... I couldn't find it for a week. Ended up buying a black light so I could see 'the area'... as far as the odor goes... I don't think you can 'cover it up' you have to remove it the best you can... this is a great product and took care of my odor in a few days... and its safe... It's like baking soda on steroids... LOL

PetCo carries the products and I had very good luck with them...

Good luck and God bless... that kitty is so lucky... thank you again for saving him.

http://www.cleartheair.com/shop/cat-...r-remover.html

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 08-08-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:29 AM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi I too can sympathize, I think all cat owners can..........

I typed in Pet Odor Removal on Google and this was the 1st link to pop up: http://www.odordestroyer.com/Merchan...gory_Code=Cats

There are lots of products and lots of different prices. I know there was something I heard works, but I cannot remember what it was! I just remember I think it was in a purple bottle? Not sure!

Also here is the 2nd link on Google:

http://www.88stink.com/p-21-cat-all-...-granules.aspx

GOOD LUCK!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

definately try the plug in phermones...also, set up several different litter boxes and find which litter works well for him...also set the litter boxes up in several different areas. There is a litter that is called cat attractant that seems to help. If these don't work, you may need to see your vet about some short term drug therapy to calm him down, get him relaxed, and that may help.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/224/195

Height: 5''

Thanks everyone so much! I haven't really changed litter, maybe if I mix it I won't make my Crybaby mad, I have three boxes (bathroom, bedroom, and living room) and keep them clean, I try to clean them out at least twice a day. I will try the plugins though as soon as next payday comes around, I found a great product for cleaning, comes in a black bottle and it says it's from TV I can't think of the name for the life of me, but it does help with the smell, but I'm always up for trying new products. This stuff is sometimes hard to find and sometimes pricey.

If only I could train both of them to use the toilet hehehe!

Last edited by MarySnidget; 08-11-2009 at 02:55 AM.
MarySnidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Default Cat attract Litter

I know I'm a couple weeks late posting this, but I just fount 3fatchicks tonight and am new here.

The Cat Attract (yeah, it's the brand name. They also have Kitten Attract) litter works like MAGIC!!! Well, i used the Kitten Attract on a kitten who was being most difficult. Yeah, it's a little pricey, but it most definitely works.

Best of luck to you. and most of all, you're my new hero for saving the kitty1!!!!!!!!!
BabyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote