Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 04-05-2009, 07:56 AM   #31  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

I'm on my fifth day of quitting sugar and weight loss diet, and I fell off the wagon majorly at a party today. They were serving an absolutely delicious looking birthday cake, with huge slices, and tons of high fat icing, and I was already headachy and not well prepared to be at that party. I managed to stay off the cake and the refined sugars, which I'm a tiny bit proud of, but I had two glasses of wine and two bowls of fried rice with high-fat curry.
I think the curry-and-rice are not so horrible for breaking the sugar-addiction (although they're bad for the calorie restriction). The problem will be the wine. And now I'm prolonging the number of days I'm going to feel a headache and jumpy and irritable. But then again sometimes I think I'll be irritable, every day of my life that I'm not over-indulging.
DeterminedLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 29 lbs. lost

Height: 5' 4"

I just wanted to say congrats on not eating the cake Lisa. That is a real
acomplishment for those of us who have problems with sugar. Wishing you
the best of luck on keeping off the sugar and losing weight. You can do it!!!
SlowMovingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 172/161/140

Height: 5'7

sugar can be killer. they have great sugar free candies but theyre just as good for you as diet soda. however, since i'm on sbd i kept sugar free candies on me just in case. well i should've read the entire book, word for word. because, i seemed to skip over the chapter stating how certain diet 'sugars' can cause gastrointestinal distress. well i learned that the hard way (t.m.i, I know!!). so if you must have sugar, i would suggest trying the sugar free candy but VERY limited or you'll be sorry =). and they also make diet hot chocolate which i swear you'd never know the difference. Good Luck!!
Pnut Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 161.8/153.4/ low 140's

Height: 5'7"

Hi I'm new but wanted to say I completely understand the sugaraholic issue. About 9 years ago I gave up sugar and within 7-8 months I had lost 20 lbs., stopped eating compulsively absolutely no binge eating. I was finally sane with food. Then I decided I could handle sugar again. It started slowly but it took back over. I finally got sick and tired of the yo-yoing and out of control behavior with food. I stopped eating sugar again 7 days ago. I'm finally back in control. No intense cravings, no binge eating....it feels wonderful and I'm regaining some self-respect. For those who are struggling with giving sugar up. It is hard but the pay-off is worth it. BTW, I lost 5 lbs this week. I think is because I'm not retaining fluids caused by eating sugar and processed foods.
Blue Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote