Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #1  

Default Frustrated Newbie

OK, so I have been on this program since July 6th and I have lost about 12 lbs which I am very happy with, however, other than weighing me, looking at my menu and taking blood pressure I get nothing new from the center. They have never checked to see if I am burning fat or muscle, etc. I ask each time I am in but they always say let's check that next time. Then every time I want new products they are out and I am on waitlist. Now how can they hold me to a contract that they don't follow. Also one person will tell me to take the Internal Cleanser and then last night the gals says you aren't still taking that are you, when I said yes she did not say anything else. I am really starting to get confused.
Bobsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #2  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsey View Post
OK, so I have been on this program since July 6th and I have lost about 12 lbs which I am very happy with, however, other than weighing me, looking at my menu and taking blood pressure I get nothing new from the center. They have never checked to see if I am burning fat or muscle, etc. I ask each time I am in but they always say let's check that next time. Then every time I want new products they are out and I am on waitlist. Now how can they hold me to a contract that they don't follow. Also one person will tell me to take the Internal Cleanser and then last night the gals says you aren't still taking that are you, when I said yes she did not say anything else. I am really starting to get confused.
Sorry, you are having a hard time. It seems like different centers are very different indeed. Some centers seem to be really helpful while others, not so much. Have you talked to a manager? Or is there a favorite counelsor you can try to see each tiem you go?

I dont know what center you are from, but there might be a different center close to you that you can switch too. Good luck!
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/234.0/140

Height: 5'7

I would def look into switching centers.... all that is enough to drive anyone crazy! But snaps to ya for losing the 12 lbs!!!!!!
wanting2b140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #4  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm so sorry that you're going through this difficult time with your center. And all centers are different. For instance, mine told me that MRC didn't make peach/mango concentrate any more but I've read from people on here that they do. Frustrating!

I, too, had a difficult/bumpy start with one of the counselors at the center. But fortunately for me, she's only at the center on Fridays, and I of course, won't go that day. I do have a favorite counselor though, as she is the cookbook/food suggestion queen! She has bean a real lifesaver for me. Good luck!

Last edited by noahsmama; 08-06-2009 at 10:52 AM.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Hi Bobsey!
You are doing great! My center didn't run Tanita or do measurements until I had been on program a month. Although then they wanted to do them two weeks later...I think my counselor made a mistake and should have run them at two weeks and then at four weeks, but we got it adjusted so I do Tanita and measurements near my sign up date now.

Do you check ketones each visit?

A lot of us don't purchase supplements from MRC due to expense. If there is something specific that you need or want, it is likely to be available on-line or at health food/Walmart/Target etc... Only thing I didn't find a like substitute for was All Day Weight Loss and I stopped taking that after the first month.

Good luck to you!
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #6  

I have never had my ketones checked. That is another issue. I was going to try and use their supplements for a couple of months until I got use to everything or at least until they run out and then buy what I can at Walgreens to try and save money as this is getting very expensive. Luckily my husband hasn't looked at the checkbook lately.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #7  

Quote:
I have never had my ketones checked. That is another issue. I was going to try and use their supplements for a couple of months until I got use to everything or at least until they run out and then buy what I can at Walgreens to try and save money as this is getting very expensive. Luckily my husband hasn't looked at the checkbook lately.
Bobsey
Do you know if your center has been established for a while or had a great deal of turnover? The reason I ask is that every center could have a misstep here or there, but yours seems to be constantly tripping.

I would contact the manager and make an appt to discuss your concerns directly with her/him; they are losing out on sales with you. Multiply that by other unsatisfied customers and that is not good business!
Old 08-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #8  

so when and how often do you gals get your ketones checked?
Old 08-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #9  

Quote:
so when and how often do you gals get your ketones checked?
They started checking after I had been actually on program--not preconditioning--for 5 days.

I check ketones at each weigh in--2x a week. Now if a counselor sees I have not been following program strictly upon reviewing my food journal, well they will give me the option of checking ketones.

I have gone from beige to a medium rose tone on the ketone stick.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Ours will ask about Ketone if they see something in my food diary or if I have an unexplained gain, but I check it each time I go in. There are sticks in the restroom....left there so you can use them. The scale is right on the bottle.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/188/145

Height: 5.7

Cool

I, too, have had issues with my center. I complained to them about a couple of things, but they don't really seem to care. First of all, the calendar wasn't ready until the 2nd of the month, therefore I missed the opportunity to extend my weeks. Then they've been out of supplements Ive needed, twice, and Ive only been on program 2 weeks! Also, I was constantly calling asking questions that should have been addressed by them that were just basic issues. It seemed they just left me to figure it out on my own. Seems they just wanted to get another member. Not super satisfied, but hanging in there and doing my best to figure it out along the way.
Momma H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

I just joined this week, and I really hate hearing these stories....when I think how much they want you to sign right away, and then to not be helpful weeks later is not good....and you really have no recourse....can anyone who is having problems name what state you are in? I am praying it's not Nebraska!!!
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 PM   #13  
Walk By Faith †

S/C/G: 269.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'7"

Not all the centers are bad. I go to the one in Greeley, CO and everyone there is fantastic! They are so supportative, and always answer any questions we may have. I hope things start getting better for you guys having bad experiences, I truly believe that is a big piece to this puzzle.

Good Luck everyone!!!!
Dedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

I go to the center in Colorado Springs, CO. Except for one incident regarding buying the multi vit/flax oil, I have not had trouble. And that struck me at a difficult time so I was probably a little over emotional. If you have another center then I would switch. Good luck and kudos to losing the 12 lbs despite their lack of help.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #15  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedge View Post
Not all the centers are bad. I go to the one in Greeley, CO and everyone there is fantastic! They are so supportative, and always answer any questions we may have. I hope things start getting better for you guys having bad experiences, I truly believe that is a big piece to this puzzle.

Good Luck everyone!!!!
I agreee Dedge, my center is awsome, although I have heard some bad stories on these boards regarding other centers. I don't blame the program, just the employees at that particular center. It may be worth it, for those of you having a bad experience at your center, to go up the ladder. After all you did pay alot of money for the program and should get what you paid for.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote