Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Wed 08/05

How's everyone today??

It's a beautiful, sunny day here today...so far...
It's not supposed to be too hot though.

I got great news yesterday...I passed the written exam for my work competition and now I have an interview next Wednesday!

I weighed myself this morning...I gained 0.5 lb in NYC this past weekend! Argh!

Gotta get myself in gear!!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on passing!

Half a pound isn't bad for all that great NYC food! I'm glad you had a great time.

Today is my 9 year wedding anniversary We don't have any plans for today however we are going on vacation next week. We are renting a cabin on a lake. I'm preparing my grocery list since we'll be able to cook for ourselves, it shouldn't be too hard to stay on plan. I know I'll be having some drinks too but don't you think all the extra swimming will balance those out?
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I have to go back to strict calorie counting if I am going to maintain this weight. I gained another .7. I feel pretty down about this because I really thought that the exercise would compensate, but noooooo I have to eat less too. Big shocker, huh???

Anyway, I couldn't get up early to do a long run this morning. The dog barked so many times last night so I was awake a lot. I will do a 3 mile run at the gym though and try again tomorrow for a long morning run.

And it appears to be a cleaning house day. It's a mess!! I have been keeping up on laundry though so at least I don't have that mess to contend with.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

I've been feeling pretty good about myself lately As I was walking the pups this morning I glanced down at my legs and thought to myself "I have pretty nice calves." Sometimes they are bigger than I like, but they have a nice shape to them. My hubby has been complimenting me and saying how well I'm doing and how good I'm looking. He's such a sweetie.

I did 30 Day Shred level 2 this morning and again I really liked it. I'm glad I didn't throw in the towel after having one bad day with it. I haven't broken out the yoga DVD yet because we watched Coraline last night!

That's an AWESOME movie, but TOTALLY dark. It reminds me of those "old" fairy tales, before society made them warm and fuzzy. Like when the witch DID eat the kid, and the mermaid DID die in the end, and Cinderella's stepsisters got their feet chopped off.

Have an awesome day, ladies! I'm going to go start a thread where everyone has to say something about themselves that they really like -- no matter what their weight!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #5  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hey gals! I finally got the internet connected on my laptop again. "Someone" broke the button on the front that connects to the wireless signal...someone short most likely. So now I have a 2 inch thumb drive sticking out of the usb port - wonder how long it will take for "someone" to break that?!?

Wifey - hey, I think .5 is wonderful for your trip. A couple of months ago, I put on 4lbs in 4 days in KC. FOUR! You did awesome!!

Unique - happy anniversary! Glad you are able to cook on your trip. Yeah - I vote yes to the drinks = swimming thing...

RileyOzzy - I know you've heard this before but maybe 140 is to low for you. The last time I did this, I started out at 232 and shot for 140. I got down to 145 and fought like **** to stay there. I, too, was running 6 days a week and eating next to nothing. I decided that being happy was more important than hitting a magic number. I continued to run and lift weights and eat sensibly and my weight evened out and maintained in the 148-150 range. I was wearing a size 8 in pants so I was happy!

Rebound - you and those sexy legs! Great idea on a positive thinking thread! We need it and need to look back at it for a boost!

My daycare re-opened Monday so I am pretty busy. I went and had my back adjusted yesterday so I'm very sore to boot - but hopefully will feel better soon. So glad to read about you ladies, this board is very important to me and helps me tremendously to not feel alone.

Last edited by mortonpixie; 08-05-2009 at 11:40 AM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #6  
One step at a time...

Wifey, I forgot to say that I'll bet your 0.5 gain isn't real. Traveling and vacationing always adds some water weight. I'll bet you see it drop by a pound at least by tomorrow. Let me know if I'm right
Old 08-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
Wifey, I forgot to say that I'll bet your 0.5 gain isn't real. Traveling and vacationing always adds some water weight. I'll bet you see it drop by a pound at least by tomorrow. Let me know if I'm right
Thanks for this...totally made my day!

I'll be sure to check tomorrow morning!

I've given up pop again...maybe that's why I may be retaining some water!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #8  

Hey Chicks.. I'm a little late as usual.

Went to the doctor today for a skin condition. Ended up with meds for a sinus infection as well. sheesh..

Nothing else exciting today. I am very sore from the first day of 30DS. Going to go to church then run home and do my second day.

That's it from today.

Have to work tomorrow for 2 hours. Not looking forward to it, I have gotten really lazy about working since being off since May.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #9  

PMSing and in a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad mood! (TMI, I know) I have never tried Midol for mood swings...usually take pain killer for cramps and call it a day. Felt unmotivated but still got up at 5:30 AM and did my six mile walk. Just not feeling it. My daughter's birthday party is Saturday and we are expecting 50 guests. I have to get it together by then!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: see tickers

Did some math today and I want to share this with you all. I weigh about 246 lbs, down from 249. My body fat percentage was 32%, measured at the 249 weigh in (July 23). I'd like my body fat percentage to be 25.

What does this mean?

It means that if I have all the fat stripped from my body, I would weigh 170 pounds. I'm 5'6". According to BMI charts, I would *still* be overweight. That's with *no* fat (I'd also be dead).

Well, I've never been "fit", so I figured a realistic goal for me, would be one BFP point above "fit" ("acceptable" is 25-31). So, my weight goal is 226lbs. What?! That's not even "Onederland".

Okay, let's say the BFP measurement was inaccurate. Let's say it's really closer to 35%. My goal weight would be 216. Huh? Wait, what if it was *really* off? Say 40%? My goal weight would be 200lbs.

Of course, I'm likely to lose some muscle mass, so my goal weight will change. It's hard to see a BFP change daily. The trainer that helped me told me I should measure it once a month, max, and on the same day relative to my menstrual cycle, before exercise. So complicated.

I am a strong woman. My husband is 5'10" and 205lbs. I can carry him across the threshold (without pulling anything, but a lot of laughter, and some blushing from both parties). I am more of a load-bearing Celtic goddess, and I am okay with that, I just want to be healthier. My resting heart rate is 64, which is excellent.

So, if the BMI charts (that are *not* designed to dictate ideal weight) do not help me get an idea of my healthy weight, so be it.

I admire all of you for trying to get healthier. Your are an inspiration and I *need* you. I just wanted to reveal that I am not aiming for Onederland, and that's okay with me.
BlueFruitMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
Thanks for this...totally made my day!

I'll be sure to check tomorrow morning!

I've given up pop again...maybe that's why I may be retaining some water!
I'm actually down 2lbs from yesterday! Thanks Rebound...I guess I was retaining some water!

Totally made my morning!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #12  
One step at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
I'm actually down 2lbs from yesterday! Thanks Rebound...I guess I was retaining some water!

Totally made my morning!
I was actually going to say 2 pounds , but I didn't want to over-commit myself .

Congrats!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: see tickers

Yes, congrats, Wifey! That pesky water weight.
BlueFruitMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #14  

bluefruitmomma I think it's "totally" ok that you don't want to be under 200. I think too many people try to get to weights that are suggested by that darn weight chart that all the dr's seem to have. Who says that's the right weight for everyone? Too long I have longed to fit my hefty butt on that chart. Finally I realized that if I got to 135 as that chart says I should I'd probably look good but heck, would end up killing myself trying to maintain.

Me, I do want Onederland, but I am aiming for 185. that's 50 lbs more than the dr. said I need to weigh but I don't care.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #15  

2lbs water weight? woohoo Wifey WTG