Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 06:47 AM   #1  
Kool Kat

Default I can't deal...

hi everyone! I'm a 22-year-old full-time college student, and I work-- a lot. Besides that, I am dealing with physical therapy Due to surgery from a car accident. I had lost about 35 lbs, but gained it back. I am *slowly* on my way back down, but I just feel like I can't handle this anymore!! I'm getting depressed. I am in my best friends wedding next july and I'm 238!! I don't want to look like this for his wedding. And if I continue to stay like this, I'm never going to have a wedding of my own!! I don't blame the guys... I suppose I wouldn't want me either.

I've been trying to follow WW.. but I just can't deal with things right now. I get stressed, and my diet goes out the window. :P

Seren
Old 11-12-2002, 07:37 AM   #2  
living 1 day at a time

Ok, first of all maybe talking to someone professionally could help? Have you seen a therapist? Depression is a real thing and you should get help, if you are able. Why are you going to a physical therapist? Second of all, don't look at the big picture. Take baby steps. Set small goals. They are much easier to attain, and you feel you have accomplished something and eager to get to the next goal. Last, WW may not be what is right for you. Not all diet or weight loss plans are for everyone. Find one that is a true fit. Good luck
morningglory
Old 11-12-2002, 05:53 PM   #3  
Is it Friday yet?

Seren, I'm so sorry you're going through this. You'll probably find a lot of people here have regained (myself included) due to various reasons, and it's beyond depressing and stressful. I also agree about possibly being treated for depression. It is very real and very serious, also pretty common after injury.

Add to that the wedding... I've been there. Two years ago this last October I was Maid of Honor in my best friend's wedding and going through my own divorce. When I went to have my measurements taken the lady told me "I don't think they even make this dress that big" (gee thanks). I was 255'ish and mortified that now I'm going to ruin the wedding (oh, look at the fat maid of honor with a dress that doesn't match). Well, I was still 255 when my girlfriend got married, the dress WAS made that big and while I *hate* almost all the pictures of me at the wedding, it still was a beautiful ceremony and it was all about the bride, not me - hard to keep in mind when you feel like a house, but still, remember that - they'll be looking at the bride and groom, probably not you.

You've got 9 months - that's a long time! We all lead busy lives - I work, in general, a 45-50 hour work week for my family's company but I *make* the time to exercise - even though I swear I'm too tired to (I always feel better after a workout). My weight's down, about 20 pounds - but stress affects us all and I still go up and down. The most important things I can tell you is this - come here for support (we're a fun bunch), start changing your lifestyle now (not a crash diet to look good in 9 mos.) and you'll be surprised at what you can accomplish! So what if you're still overweight when your girlfriend gets married. She cares that you're there because she loves YOU - not that you're model thin.

Please stick around! Busy people, stressed people can be successful, but you've got to have support.

Hugs,
Terri
(sorry for the length of this!)

Last edited by Punkinseed; 11-12-2002 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:41 AM   #4  
living 1 day at a time

Well said Terri. That is the magic of this site. We are all in it together. We cheer for each other when we loss, and cry and comfort when we gain. Stick with Seren, it is worth the journey.
morningglory
Old 11-13-2002, 06:08 PM   #5  
Kool Kat

yeah, I'm feeling a little better today... it comes and goes. My physical therapist was talking to me today about something she calls the "Wedding tone-up" and gave me some great exercises for my arms that I'm allowed to do. I need to get back to the gym... I know that will make me feel better... but I'm just not able to find the time right now. I will... and I will really soon... I just need to get through the next week, and then I'll try to fit it in.

Thanks for your support and comments!!

Seren
Closed Thread