Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 01:00 AM   #1  

Default Calling all support!

I was doing good about a month ago. I just got back into the unhealthy eating rut again. I am a failure! I look at myself and I see a fat gut, butt and face with a double chin!! I am tired of looking at myself and feeling pitty. I want to desprately change for good. But it is sooo hard. And where do I start?
I am a mother of 2, married, young at heart and I feel like I hold everyone else back in family activities because I am big. Like tomorrow, we are having family pictures done. Not mine, but my husbands entire family. Well, I don't want to do it. I hate the way I look and I always look bigger in pictures. Or to go swimming, I definately have to wear a shirt over my suit...god I look horrible in a bathing suit. I wasn't always big...but not skinny either. What happened to me?
I also feel guity eating anything. Doesn't matter if its healthy or not.
I guess what i need is some words of wisdom, a shoulder to cry on, a kick in the butt, anything to inspire me to get back up and start all over again.
Thanks for listening!
Islandgurl29
Old 11-12-2002, 01:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

First of all you are not a failure. I think that it takes a lot of guts and wisdom to realize that you need help. We all need help at times and when you can ask for help that is a wonderful sign. I have to relasps but I too end up feeling guilt but then I decide it's only 1 set back I can get back into the groove. I started cold turkey so to speak. I got rid of all junk and pop. Then I started leaning portion coltrol, and then actually moving. Just be strong and remember 1 step at a time baby ones. I am here for you to help in anyway I can

Heres to a blessed day
sandy
Old 11-13-2002, 07:45 AM   #3  
living 1 day at a time

Gigglez is right. Make small goals. Small weight loss goals. 3-5 lbs at a time. That way you can accomplish something in a couple to 3 weeks. Not in 6-10 months. Small, non-food rewards. If you fall off the wagon, dust yourself off, climb back on and start over. That's the bad thing about being addicted to food. You need it to survive. You can't just give it up. Don't kick yourself for your mistakes. They happen. And when you start getting into self-recriminations, then it tends to make you continue to punish yourself with bad eating. Forgive yourself as you would forgive others.
morningglory
Old 11-14-2002, 01:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Amen MG you said a mouth full. I do the non food rewards for loss. My favorite is to lock everyone out and take a nice long relaxing bubble bath. Remember we are all here for you anytime. This is one of our hardest battles. Keep in touch and hang in there.
Closed Thread