Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Default A slice of CHOCOLATE cake or day at the SPA

What is your reward?? If you set mini goals, is the accomplishment enough or do say "I am going to buy that dress" or "I can have 1 cookie from my favorite place"????

I spent some time thinking today about rewards! I hit 11 lbs lost today and I have not done rewards before. I want to treat myself but I am not sure what I am motivated by... Clothes, food, trips, spa time??

AJ
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

definately not food.

I do clothes usually.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

If I had a choice between either a FREE trip to the Spa or a slice of chocolate cake... I'd go with the Spa any day... chocolate cake or a bar of chocolate, I can always budget that in advance in my daily menu

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 08-03-2009 at 10:42 PM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

If u r losing a good bit of weight clothes are not the best option as u will be falling out of them soon,hopefully. So, I would prefer a mani, pedi, or perhaps a massage for your tired body. U can get students to do them for pretty cheap and it helps with their credit also!!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Rewards

For me, it's clothes, makeup, perfume, and hair (like highlights, cut, or just a cool accessory). So I guess, basically, just stuff that makes me feel more like a 'girl'.
sakurasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokan View Post
If u r losing a good bit of weight clothes are not the best option as u will be falling out of them soon,hopefully. So, I would prefer a mani, pedi, or perhaps a massage for your tired body. U can get students to do them for pretty cheap and it helps with their credit also!!!
And that is what I said. I promised myself that I would not buy clothes until I get close to goal. But I don't really L O V E the spa and I don't crave cake or anything. I need to find a solution because I am earning good things =)
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #7  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Yeah, I try to stay away from food rewards just because I have such an emotional relationship with food right now and I'm trying to fix that. What I've decided was mini goals I will do a pedicure, haircut, buy salon product for my hair, an ipod touch...anything that will make me feel good, and something that isn't food so I can start re wiring my head to make it enjoy non-food things, lol.
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #8  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

No food rewards here

My rewards were all clothing/shoes/massage/mani/pedi based...even if you are between sizes you still need clothes! Most of mine either came from ebay or a local consignment shop
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/175.5/130

Height: 5' 7"

Maybe a trip of some kind? If you could find a low fare on air travel and maybe Hotwire a hotel, you could do something spur-of-the moment. I would much rather take a really short trip to NY than buy a new outfit.
iskatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #10  

Height: 5'11"

I like to reward myself with things like a new CD (yes, I still buy CD's! LOL) and stuff like that. For big goals, I like big rewards like a nice handbag. I'm just a few pounds away from a major goal--when I hit 45 pounds lost, I'll be buying a new Coach or D&B handbag. I don't get TOO spendy, but I likes me a nice purse!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:24 AM   #11  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Ohhh windchime I'm a major purse addict lol. I am definitely getting a new bag when I hit onederland.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #12  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

I totally understand why we shouldn't reward with food (emotional eating, viewing food as a reward, not fuel) but I do occasionally reward with food, else I think I would feel deprived. All through the week, I keep to my plan pretty much to the letter, and keep treats at bay by saying 'I can have one if I do well at weigh-in'. So for example, just after the weigh-in last week, I lost 2lbs, and was desperate for KFC, had been for days, so I went to KFC and had a mini-fillet burger. It's only 4.5 points (and I had it w/o mayo so probably even less) but it's kept cravings away all this week.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #13  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Celebrating weight loss by eating is like a junkie celebrating being clean by shooting up...

I'd use just about anything else as a reward, I think! New clothes, a new book or favorite tunes, an hour massage, a movie (bring your own snacks)...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 AM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

My first rewards were a new pocket book, then a wallet, next was a pair of slippers......

And I am definitely, definitely in the same boat as those that say to never, ever use "food" as a reward. Because really the biggest reward of all is learning these new habits and staying away from those type foods. You want to add in an indulgence every now and then is one thing, but IMO to use it as a reward for losing weight, is just sending out the wrong message.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 08-04-2009 at 07:12 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #15  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

I reward myself with a trip to the thrift store. I seem to do that all the time now. But a slice of chocolate cake sounds really tempting right now
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote