Old 08-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly Chat - 8/3-8/9

New pages!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. sorry for being MIA over the past week or so. I feel like I have not been posting as much, mostly to the fact I don't feel like I've been on track. I know I've been doing OK, but I haven't tracked. I am still happing doing the simply filling (old core) plan. I basically eat core foods. I need to be much more diligent on tracking non core foods. I have not weighed myself for a few days. I need to get back to that as well. Today is a new week. My goals for this week:
1. Track everything using my on line tools
2. Weigh myself on Wed am then Sat am AND record my SAT am wi. I've been using that as my official day.
3. I will bike twice this week and walk each night. I found a nice route to do on my bike -- it takes about 25 minutes.

I'm not setting my expectations high for the next 2 weeks -- as we leave for Maine in 2 weeks. I'd love to drop a few more pounds, but I'll take a maintain. I need to also not consider what I lose as room to gain on vacation. My niece thats coming with us also follows WW, last year we walked everyday. Sept 1 I need to focus on LOSING not just maintaining.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks. I'm off to weigh in, errands, and babysitting. I'll be back later.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I forgot that it is Monday...it's a holiday here in Ontario...
Thanks for starting us Paula.

BBL

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

I gained .6. Not bad for a 2 day vacation that was all about the food. I've been firmly back on program since Wednesday. I'm convinced the 10 glasses of water a day are helping!

How much have you had today? I've had 4 and am taking 3 with me to babysit. Be back later!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Paula, I don't post much when I feel like I'm not doing well op-wise. Guess that's a big clue to all of you as to how I'm doing.

Vickie, that's not a bad gain at all for being on vacation. I am so proud of you.

Rhonda, what holiday is it? I'm glad you have the day off. I saw Doyle on Facebook today. It'll be good to keep in touch that way.

We're just taking it easy today. There may even be a nap in the works. Are we spoiled or what?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #7  

Sandra, it is Simcoe Day, named after a British family that was involved in "settling" Toronto...it's also a way of working in a long weekend in the summer...very smart.

I'm going to take a nap also, then start painting the LR/DR. I won't likely finish but I'll make progress.

Rhonda
Old 08-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #8  
Donna

Hi all,

Just popping in really quick before I head out to the grocery store. While I'm still pretty off program I'm going to continue with my baby steps. Last week was no wine except Sat which I did so-so I we went out on Fri and I had a glass, plus Sat and Sunday; also I planned to walk 5-7 days, and I did walk 5; lastly I wanted to get my water in every day which I also accomplished. This week I will keep those 2 goals and add getting in my fruits and veggies I haven't been doing this lately.

I need to get moving I'll try to check back later. If I don't get a chance have a great night everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #9  
beachbum

Hi

Just got home,I was out for most of the day,and wasn't able to post. Today was my W-I day and I lost only 1 lb this week,not the 3 that I thought I'd lose,some how they disappeared.But I take it. Today was my Low Calorie day and I was afraid of gorging on my food being and not eating any thing,but I surprised myself by controlling my eating and having just a salad with 1 slice of turkey.

Going to get my supper ready as I'm getting hungry,have a nice evening and I will post in the A.M.

Last edited by beach bum; 08-03-2009 at 05:42 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone:

Well, Donna and Paula, you're still in the game and that matters a lot. I suppose it's all about reasonable goals that we can accomplish.

I was good today: spinning; breakfast of eggs, spinach and mushrooms; lunch of yogurt and fruit; and dinner of salad and 4 ounces of chicken breast. And, oh yes, 1/2 cup of ice cream...that's all, too, 1/2 cup only.

I've got the LR painted and 1/2 of the floor cleaned and "waxed." I'm using a product by Minwax that really spruces up old wood floors and it's easy to apply. I'm not so keen on all the chemicals, but, hey, I'm desperate here

Congrats on losing Maryann...and to Vickie for not gaining more!! Tomorrow is my WI. I'm hoping to maintain since we ate out a lot this past week.

I hope you all have a good night.

Rhonda

PS:
Sandra, DH joined Facebook at my encouraging. He won't likely be on it much, but I did tell him that he could find old friends that way. I've found lots of old friends from school and university. It's been fun.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Donna, baby steps are good. Just keep stepping forward and you'll get there.

Rhonda, you are amazing me. I am so proud of you. You're doing great.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I hope to be able to catch up with you all today. All that is on my calendar is swimming, I hope!

Why am I up at 5:30 in the morning when I'm retired?
Old 08-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #13  

Vickie, you're not being a good role model for me I know that I'm not going to be able to "sleep in" but I am going to be able to take naps in the afternoon when I'm retired.

OK, good start to my day. Fruit and toast for pre-exercise snack and leftover frittata for breakfast. Then, off to the office. We have more rain in the forecast after 2 real summer days. Enough already!

I don't know if I told you that we had a city workers strike, which included garbage, compost and recycling pickup. It went into its 6th week, but is now ended. We did OK since I have a composter in the back yard, but the recycling is out of control! The city was becoming messy but the workers got it cleaned up in a big hurry...that was good to see.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 08-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We both had a good night sleep,I guess the body needs a well rested night. I got up early as I forgot to take my osteoporosis pill yesterday,so I had to take it and than wait 1/2 before I could eat.

Nothing new,we have to go back to the doctor tomorrow afternoon.

RHONDA-Thanks, wish it had been more but I think I went to low on the calorie count,so I have tow watch that i don't do this same mistake again.Hope you had a nice holiday, taking it easy and relaxing.

PAULA-I was reading an article in Woman Day while waiting for Leo to get his pet scan done and read something about filling foods that if you eat them along with high fiber foods it will keep you from the BIG BAD HUNGER WOLF of binging and mindless eating. I really believe that to be true. I try to find higher fiber food everything I go out shopping.

VICKIE-Sorry about your gain,but to boot you did marvelous not like I did on my cruise I gained 8 lbs and still have 2 more to lose from that. You'll lose that in no time,it just some kind of water retention,you probably down today.

DONNA-We all have good & bad days on any WOE. Just take baby steps,and go easy on the wine.Two woman on another board are experiencing gains & dehydration from the wine that had drunk during the hot spell they had.

SANDRA-You'll get back to OP again,just take one day at a time. We each have to find a WOE that's good for us,so we keep on plugging along and it will happen.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Boy the day is just flying away. I apologize. I'll have to come back later to catch up.