Old 07-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #1  

Default thinking of starting FSD... a couple concerns

so I wanted to really start this, however, after reading some of the book, i just wanted a couple things clarified.

1. the book says that the food has to be eaten raw, steamed, or grilled. but it says u can have 4 egg whites... so i'm assuming u will be able to eat them scrambled... even tho that's not raw, steamed, or grilled. NOW can i make an omelet w/ veggies? like bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms? that seems totally filling...

2. the book seems sorta... put together poorly. (ive also read about it online) so to the expierenced people that have done the diet, how do u interpret the problems the book has caused?

3. can u consume vinegars & soy sauce? i mean... what if u buy low sodium soy sauce? is that possible?

thanks so much in advance!!!
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #2  
Heck Yes!

S/C/G: 235/231/165

Height: 6'0

Lightbulb Your concerns...

First of all, let me just say I absolutely LOVE this diet. It really teaches you how to eat super healthy, and not to mention the encouragement of exercise is pretty rare compared to most other diets. I really appreciate how he lets people use their best judgement. If you look at the FAQs, a lot of what he says is that people are real, and they may or may not cheat. But he gives alternatives for when that happens. So after that long explanation, I would say use your best judgement. For example, the book says that you can have yogurt. Does that include frozen yogurt? Well I say it does. There are some that might frown upon this, but its what I think is correct. I'm still loosing weight, and I can still go out with my husband and have something similar but sometimes more delicious than ice cream.

1. You can scramble the egg whites or make an omelet. There's no other way to make brown rice than to boil it, so yeah! Put as many veggies as you like! I personally enjoy the oatmeal with peaches in it. Its more filling for me, and you don't even need sugar because the peaches sweeten it up so much!

2. I'm still trying to figure out why people have so much trouble with the book, but maybe its just me. I think its pretty simple, eat healthy! He gives you what to eat, and what not to eat. Once again, use your best judgement.

3. When it comes to sauces, the only thing I've used is my homemade ranch dressing. From what I'm assuming, I think Dr. Smith wants people to enjoy the taste of the food by itself. I think he wants this because if you enjoy the foods at a simpler state, when you add in different foods everything will taste even better. Does that make sense?

The best advise I can give anyone on this diet is that this is to change your entire perspective on they way to eat. Things SHOULD be plainer because when you start adding in all the rest, it starts to get either too complicated, or fattening. I really hope this helps you! If you need meal plans or anything, don't hesitate to post. There's always a lack of posts on here so I'm ready to help when people need it! Now, start smashing
yesimhappilymarried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:27 PM   #3  

thanks so much... i kinda thought the same thing about the interpretation thing. like he says yes to a cup of freshly squeezed juices... i was thinking of buying fruit juices and veggie juices for marinating or sweetening things.

so yeah... thanks for replying to me!!! im super excited to start. i went to culinary school so like... im excited to develop my own recipes for things.
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #4  
Heck Yes!

S/C/G: 235/231/165

Height: 6'0

Thumbs up Glad to help!

OOOH! If you went to culinary school you should add some more recipes to the site! I probably should put up my recipe for vegetarian chili....
yesimhappilymarried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I forget what I did, but I most likely used low fat dressings, such as for my brown rice and kidney bean salad, and definitely would have used tamari in my brown rice stir fries. I lost four pounds in the nine days, and I am a "Featherweight" and did not have a lot to lose, so I think it's extremely effective. It's also very nutritious with all of those veggies and fruits in there.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #6  

I love the diet but I did not lose any weight in the nine days after my detox. I think it is because I ate almonds and ocassionally a veggie burger (without bread). I know that the book says it is ok to eat those things but I think I was better off without them.
Thinigin is offline   Reply With Quote