Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Cool Sitting here trying not to eat...

Perfect ingredients for a binge - boredom & sadness.
Ugghhh
Dont feel like doing anything..
Food is usually what I go to. But I'm trying to change that.

Helppppp ?!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #2  
Baby Stepping Along

Oh, gosh Bbee....that sounds icky...good job coming here. Do you have someone you can call and talk to about being sad? I have a little time tonight if you want to vent to me by PM. Is there something else productive you might do? How about a hobby you enjoy?

Hang in there! Food won't help even though it seems like it might.

ETA: Journaling might be really helpful. Just break out a piece of paper and start spilling what's bugging you on it.

Peg

Last edited by p7eggyc; 07-29-2009 at 09:44 PM.
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Exercise.

No, seriously. The first three months of my weight loss journey, when I had that restless, sad, "need something" feeling, I went and did some exercise. Situps. Leg Lifts. Pushups against the wall. A brisk walk.

The endorphins help the sad, and once you make the choice to do something healthy for yourself, binging starts to feel like an "incompatible behavior". Sort of like those Nutrigrain bar commercials...one good decision can change the way you approach your whole day.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Stop, whatever u do....DON'T EAT!!!!! Well, until it is time. I have the hard urge to binge when I am bored but I just get away from the kitchen and try to busy myself. Sounds good right...I can never stick to that when Friday hits!! I wish I could I would have the whole lifestyle thing figured out!! Keep trying and doing!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #5  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 299.6/200.6/140

Height: 5ft 2in

I was in the same situation and gave in...now I feel horrible about it....if ya want to talk send me a msg...What part of texas are ya from? I am from northeast.
Trying2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #6  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry your sad and I don't know what to say that would help with that since I don't know what has made you sad. But being bored is never acceptable. Go clean out a closet, watch TV, read a book, search the Internet for something like a dream vacation or how to make low-calorie recipes. Call a friend, journal your feelings, beat up your pillow, take a bubble bath or hot shower. Eat a healthy snack and drink a huge glass of water.

Remember that life is ever changing, and these feelings your are having will pass, and you want to be left feeling good about what you did and not angry that you let your emotions rule you. Hang in there.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pita09 View Post
I'm sorry your sad and I don't know what to say that would help with that since I don't know what has made you sad. But being bored is never acceptable. Go clean out a closet, watch TV, read a book, search the Internet for something like a dream vacation or how to make low-calorie recipes. Call a friend, journal your feelings, beat up your pillow, take a bubble bath or hot shower. Eat a healthy snack and drink a huge glass of water.

Remember that life is ever changing, and these feelings your are having will pass, and you want to be left feeling good about what you did and not angry that you let your emotions rule you. Hang in there.
Some wonderful suggestions there by a wonderful gal.

Be strong. Be productive. You can get through this
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #8  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Hey bbee,

When I read your post, I knew immediately that I was going to say EXERCISE!!!
of course, Amanda beat me to it. :-)
Exercise completely changed my life and I have had many people comment on what a happy person I have become. (Makes me wonder what kind of impression I was giving before I became exercise junkie, but it's in the past and I plan to keep it there).
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:12 AM   #9  
Workin' It

I'm with Amanda & Tomato - I often exercise when I find myself in those blue, want to get munchy plase. It really helps my mood! I also wonder what kind of vile creature I must have been sometimes in the past, because people comment to me about how unusually happy I am a lot now, as well!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Well, I'll fourth the exercise! It really helps on a number of levels. You gotta love the endorphins, plus it just takes your mind off whatever AND you aren't eating while you're doing it. It doesn't have to be anything extreme, just start walking... heck, just move!

Last edited by Heather; 07-30-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

It might be radical, but sometimes the problem is that we always avoid feeling bored or sad. If you're bored, you look for a distraction. But if instead you just sit with it, pretty soon you may want to actually do something and not just a distraction. Or if you're sad, and you don't distract yourself from it, you might find the feeling goes away anyway, and maybe stays away more, or maybe you find that you want to do something about whatever you're sad about.

That's not always necessarily the way to handle it. But distraction isn't always the way either.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Julie, I totally understand what you are saying. Definitely allowing myself to "feel" my feelings has been huge for me this past year or so. Instead of finding things to fill my void I have conciously tried to examine WHY I feel sad, why I am feeling blue, why I am lonely or depressed or wHaTeVeR!

You know sometimes feelings don't HAVE to be remedied. It has taken me decades to embrace what is and in my opinion, truly accept myself--lonely, bored, desperate, sad, whatever. I accept myself and don't buy into having to be "fixed" to look, act, feel or appear like people in magazines or on TV. Me, myself and I. I AM ENOUGH.

I know I was eating my way through many, many emotions. When I get into mindless eating now I always question myself, "What am I REALLY hungry for?"

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 07-30-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Thank you all SO much.. I'm sure you all know, but there are no words to describe how good it feels to have people behind you who believe in you.

I actually ended up cleaning out my closet.. ha.. looks ALOT less cluttered now! And before bed my boyfriend let me have a good cry & just listened.. I felt way better after.

I think a lot of it was just feeling like even though I've been trying, I'm gonna fail. I guess because I've failed every time before. BUT I do know that the past is the past and to just focus on today. It's something that's gonna take awhile to stick in my head, but nobody changes overnight. I think this whole thing is just as much of a mental change as a physical.

Anyway, thanks again

Love!, BB

Last edited by kuhrisuh; 07-30-2009 at 12:40 PM.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #14  
Baby Stepping Along

Great work Bbee and thanks for letting us know how it worked out! Give your dbf a high five too!

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #15  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Exercise.
I agree 100%!

I was going to say go for a walk, when I find myself wanting something to eat that is for no reason other than boredom and not actual hunger I go for a walk, or ride my bike or find some yard work to do and before I know it 2 hours goes by and the craving is gone

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote