Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 287.2/250.0/165

Height: 5' 10"

Default Out of Control Binging

This is probably going to be long and rambling but here goes.

I feel like I'm losing my mind.

I have managed to lose almost 80 pounds since Christmas. The last 2 months have been really struggling months with weightloss almost non-exsistance...now the binging is back.

I can't seem to get a handle on this and it's only adding fuel to the fire so to speak. It's only happening at night and around the same time and it's driving me crazy.

I should be able to deal with this. The kids are asleep and dh isn't getting up for work yet so maybe it's the quiet that's causing it.

I've kicked a 4 liter coke drinking addiction and quit smoking almost 2 packs a day several years ago so why can't I beat this?

The shame of this is eating at me. Everyone is so proud of me (family, etc) for the weight loss and right now I'm just throwing it all down the drain.

DH doesn't know about the binging but he has to know one doesn't weigh 283 pounds just from eating lettuce and other veggies. It kills me to think he'd be disappointed in me.

I'm trying to come up with strategies to headoff the binges but right now I'm drawing a blank.
MrsClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Been there, done that. Honestly, I wasted 5 months this year. I was totally off plan for 5 freaking months. I know how it feels. And I'm still angry with myself. I'm sorry, I don't really have much advice to give you, but you can and will get through this. It's just a little bump in the road.

Last edited by luvja; 07-29-2009 at 11:05 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #3  
~jus' being me~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsClaus View Post
The shame of this is eating at me. Everyone is so proud of me (family, etc) for the weight loss and right now I'm just throwing it all down the drain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsClaus View Post
It kills me to think he'd be disappointed in me.
This is your answer sweety . . . you need to forgive yourself for . . . whatever it is that you cant let go - for not being "perfect"?

I am still trying to work out how to forgive self. That is the key though to moving on.

But the key is not that you cant lose (more) weight . . . or even the food that you are (over) eating . . . its the fact that you cant forgive you. The fact that you have lost an AMAZING amount of weight shows that YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. You do. Its like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz . . . its always been in you. The way to get back home.

And I am a firm believer that if you did that once, you can lose as much weight as you want to. NO amount of over-eating can take that away from you.

I am speaking to myself as much as you. I understand.

Hugs honey

Last edited by Madison; 07-29-2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: typo ;-)
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #4  
Monkey see, Monkey do!

Height: 5'6

Same here......been binging on and off and a lot recently. And when I say "a lot", yes that is a lot. Just "finished" 21 day long binge (every day) and now I am in day 2 of good eating.

I totally understand what you are going through.........not sure if that will work for you, but what helps me is focusing on breaking my own "good eating" goals. The one I am trying to break right now is to be binge-free for 8 days.

All the best to you girls and to me too :P
wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/131.5/132

Height: 5'8"

After 6 months losing weight and being binge-free,I, too, have been binging on almost a daily basis for the past month. I understand all too well what you all are going through, I'm there with you. Tomorrow is a new day...it helps knowing I am not alone in this battle.
njsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

All I can say is that I know exactly how you feel but you really do need to forgive yourself! I went through that in 2007, I went from 260lbs to 200lb and despite spending however many months of being right on track to my dream weight...suddenly I binged, did it again and again. The worst mistake I made was not the binge itself, but more importantly the fact that I didn't forgive myself after my slip up, and let myself fall into a pit of guilt. I kept bingeing!

You need to look in the mirror and truly recognise how far you've come, how easy it can be to go back where you started and how much better it is for you to carry on with the plan that made you lose 80lbs. I know you've got that strength inside of you, or else you wouldn't have lost so much.

In terms of your DH, I'm sure he would be much more proud of you for opening up to him and telling him about the vulnerability you feel, instead of being kept in the dark about it all and at some point seeing weight gain.

Wishing you the best of luck for it all!
xx

Last edited by SoulSurvivor; 07-31-2009 at 05:28 AM.
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:16 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello and

I noticed this is your first post. Congratulations for having the courage to speak up about whats going on and for losing all the weight you've lost.

I, too, lost alot of weight without having the support of 3FC. I came here because over the winter I had gained 20 back. I wanted to stop before I regained everything.

Late afternoon into evening is my time when I feel like eating everything. What I do instead is come here. I go to the introductions and say hi, I read posts and learn. I find I don't have the urge to eat when I'm here.

There are lots of forums here. I suggest you peruse and find a place to hang your hat. I am following South Beach, so I post every day and also bop around and say hi.

Best wishes!

P.S. It took me almost 3 months to re -lose what I had gained. It feels really good to be headed to 199. You are so close. You can do this!!!!!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Thanks for bringing this up! I too have been binging for the past couple of weeks. I was getting so ashamed I quit weighing myself and wasn't logging my my food on fitday. Today was my first day of getting back on track. First I just finished TOM which was a big factor in my binging, second I hoped on the scale-saw I did in fact gain a few lbs (wow slap in the face there!), third I ate breakfast and logged my stats into Fitday (nothing like accountability), and lastly I logged into 3fc-started reading these posts and immediatly got motivated.

Don't be so hard on yourself, 1/2 the battle is realizing what you are doing and getting that control back. I'd suggest keeping track of what you eat so you can actually see how much extra you are binging and how much extra you are consuming. I know you'll get throug this...WE ALL WILL!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #9  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

I think forcing yourself to write down everything you eat is key. You'll see it in black and white. Is this the direction you truly want to go? What is the food representing that you truly need, emotionally? What psychologically is going on? Can you journal about it, make a post, or talk to a friend?

PLease forgive yourself. In my experience If I don't, I am right back to bingeing--usually with an avengance. It is usually a caloric disater, and I am abusing my body. My poor body pays the price for my unconscious ignorance. Everyone who is a true binger realizes it truly is not worth it.

Make yourself a list of activities that you can turn to when these feelings hit. They will for all of us. Refer to it often. There are hundreds of activities to chose from instead of overeating and bingeing. When you think about it, what a boring activity it is...truly.

The good news is we have the very next minute to jump back on the horse and getting back on track. You have worked too darn hard to go back where you came from. You've made great strides to becoming healthier. Look on the internet for the consequences of bingeing and what it truly does to our health. That is frightening.

Congrats on your weight loss. That is outstanding. We are here for you. Good luck.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote