Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #1  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

S/C/G: 463.1/273/170

Height: 5' 5 1/2

Default Postponed

My surgery has been postponed, I gained weight and my Dr was already concerned about my size and healthnow he wants me to lose th weight I gained and ANOTHER 20 pounds for a total of 33Lbs

they suggested the South Beach Diet and gave me the info, they also have perscribed phentirmine for a short time not to exceed 4 months.

Everyone who knows me knows about my surgery, I can't bring myself to tell them it is postponed because I am such a twit that I could not even keep weight off for 2 months so I am telling friends that they are worried about my blood pressure and want to try a new med on me to see if they can stablize it first. A little lie but it might keep me from crying when i say it.

I can't believe I blew this, I HAVE to get serious, if I can't even loose 33 pounds how am I suppose to survive after the surgery.

I need to go exercise, I need to do it today but it feels like I am pulling teeth, I have one excuse after another though the fact that I am waiting for my mom to get here is legitmate. As soon as she is done I will go, come **** or high water.

Anyway I feel so stupid and I hope no one else runs into this
SpookyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:23 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oh how frustrating for you. if you have any questions about south beach let me know... I know it inside out... lost nearly 80 pounds on it.

my hubby and I were just ok'ed by the doc for surgery but we don't have the stipulation that we not gain. we were told to 'try to keep the weight off' most folks (from my understanding) have 'last supper' syndrome.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #3  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

S/C/G: 463.1/273/170

Height: 5' 5 1/2

He said he was already not happy just opperating on me when I was 443 now I am 20 pounds bigger and he is really worried, it scares me to death I can gain so fast.
SpookyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Could you do medifast or something? Maybe he could monitor you more closely to keep you OP
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

ya know, i was thinking (always a dangerous thing) and maybe a liquid diet will work..

I did that for 3 weeks (and lost a whopping 4 pounds) for my weigh in...

i had nectar for breakfast
I had atkins for snack (and maybe string cheese or 1/2 oz almonds)
I had nectar for lunch
i had carrots and hummus for snack
i had salad and protein for dinner

and i drank 80 oz of fluid a day....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh my gosh.. I'm so sorry

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Oh my dear, I'm so sorry. Low carb is my suggestion. Get rid of anything white except dairy. SBD is good!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

oh honey. this hurts, doesn't it. i think you hit the nail on the head, though, when you wrote that you HAD to get serious - and asked how you'd survive after the surgery.

you're thinking the right way here - and really, as bugnessa said, it doesn't really matter HOW you lose the weight - but ya gotta do it.

let us know what you're planning. and yes, exercise is important here, but more important is the 'food lessons.' things like -what you eat, when you eat, how much you eat, and HOW you eat [big bites vs little bites; waiting between bites, paying attention to how everything tastes - and on and on and on and ond]

you can do this. honest!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #9  
Excited about my new life

S/C/G: 348/256/190

Height: 5'8"

Spooky, I am so sorry to hear about this. However, there is a BUT I am glad your surgeon is cautious and not careless to go ahead and operate with concerns. It is best that you follow his directive because going under for surgery is very serious. I think Medifast was a great suggestion and exercise as much as you can. Baby steps, try walking a little bit every day even if its just 15 minutes. You all should have great weather in Idaho unlike scortching Texas. Exercise help curb your apetite and speed up your metabolism. You still have support and family here!
worthylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: (324/238/175) New 310/310/200

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm sorry!

I'm sorry your wls was postponed, but it seems like you will learn what you need to in order to be successful. It's good your doctor is cautious and takes the whole thing seriously. I don' think all docs are alike and some treat wls as simply a paycheck fro the,, it seems.

I was on phentermine twice and lsot 15-20 pounds each time. A high protein diet like the SBD is great, too. I need to get out the book and cookbook and start using the recipes again.

And keep up the exercise. It will help your heart and lungs be stronger and will make your body stronger. I know what you mean about it. I hate the thought of going but I feel good once I get done. Speaking of which, it's been a week since I've been to the gym

I believe there are reasons for delays and other things that don't go the way we want. We might ever know that reason, but things usually have a way of working out.

Keep your chin up and your attitude positive and do what you know is best for you. And I will take my own advice!
merryterry is offline   Reply With Quote