Old 07-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default Feeding ducks, exercise.

Well, today I had a conundrum.

I started crying, because I wanted to go to the lake and feed the ducks with my bf. but...but...there are these steps. going down is no biggie, but UP? THere are SO MANY and it's so steep. Last time I Did it I hurt for 3 days.

I hate being limited by my size!!!! *ANGER*

anyhow...we found a compromise. Turns out if we got down this hill and across the railroad tracks, we can still see the ducks, only it's a longer walk, but mostly flat surface. BUT...the walk back was UP a GIANT STEEP HILL but still not as bad as the steps and would give me exercise.

So I finally stopped feeling sorry for myself, grabbed some bread and went off to feed the ducks.

I'm sore already! But I'm really glad I was able to find a way.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #2  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Good for you, Lottie! I know what you mean about getting so dang tired of being limited by this stupid fat. I think your solution was brilliant.

Are you finding that you can do more, though, now that you are down more than 30 pounds? Would you have been able to do the long, steep walk back to home before you lost them? It's as important to notice all the new things we can do to show ourselves how we are improving as it is to notice what we can't do to remind ourselves why this is all so important.

Hey! And you got to see the ducks!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #3  
unabashed

One of the ducks was missing a leg. it was sad, the other ducks kept chasing it away. I know that feeling! poor ducky...

also yeah I was telling my bf today how before just walking teh 4 blocks to the main road up here hurt my feet and tired me out and now I"m doing so much better!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #4  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Ahhhh, I hate to see an animal that is hurt. I never know what I should do about it. And it bothers me long after I have left the area.

My hubby and son make fun of me allllll the time for being a big old softie. LOL

Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #5  

Awesome compromise!

Poor lil ducky! for him/her.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #6  
unabashed

I guess it was a girl ducky (brown head, don't the males have green around their necks?). I think that it may have been born that way? Because it wasn't mangled and it still had a little orange leg....it just didn't have the flipper part.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:57 AM   #7  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Well done for finding a solution! (but I'll be sad about the duck all day)
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote