Old 07-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Tues 07/28

Mornin' ladies!

Thanks for sending the sunshine! It's a beautiful day here so far! They're saying we have a chance of thundershowers later today though, but I'll take the sunshine when I can get it!

Thanks for the well wishes for NYC! We have SO much planned and I'll be sure to take a TONNE of pics! I'll post a link to some pics when/if I get a chance next week!

I need some advice/tips...how do I try to eat healthy while we're on the "go, go and go" in NYC?!?! Dinners should be fine...we'll be sitting down for those but breakfast and lunch will be a "grab and go" sorta deal...any advice ladies???

I know I'll DEFINITELY be getting a crap load of exercise!

I hope everyone's having a FABULOUS Tuesday!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

A lot of store front deli's have lettuce wraps filled with good veggies & meat. That's fast, easy & relatively cheap. Maybe grab a Soup in Hand.

If you want REAL fast & on the go breakfasts consider carnation instant breakfast... ya know those "yummy" in a can type?

Do you know what type of amenities your hotel will have? If you will have access to a microwave instant oatmeal will keep you going all morning.

It sounds like it'll be a blast!!

I survived the funeral with flying colors, well the food aspect anyhow. We ate a good lunch before we went so I only ate half a cookie while there. And that was only because my dear sweet daughter started in on her third so I had to confiscate it.

I have been doing SlimFast for breakfast the past two weeks. It's been going just fine however I feel it's too sugary and just not that great for me. So I've been considering doing the two week start of Atkins. I highly doubt I'd do it forever, however I think it'll help get me under control and keep me eating breakfasts. Any thoughts?
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Wifey - if you are near a grocery store for breakfast or lunch, pop in to their produce section. There are lots of pre-packaged fruit cups, chopped veggies, and washed cut fruit that is made by Dole, etc - should be found everywhere. Otherwise, if a gas station is your only option, beef jerkey, nuts, pretzles, and skim milk are good choices from there.

Unique - sorry for your loss, funerals are tough. I am an emotional eater so I give HUGE props to you for using self control and staying on plan!!

Today is an upside down and backward day. We normally do school in the morning, but I had a visitor for daycare today. The kids will do thier reading then after lunch, and we will do their testing after dinner I suppose. I would like to get out and jog down the trail a couple of miles, but it will likely rain and be to cold for the 2 month old and the 2 year old.

I went off the deep end yesterday. It was one of the worst days I've had in recent memory. I was in tears before 10am. The kids were BAD and I was punishing and pulling priveledges right and left. At 9pm when all was quiet, I went and got a huge burrito from the taco place down the street and washed it down with 2 glasses of wine. I slept hard and feel better today.

Hope we ALL have a good Tuesday!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Thanks ladies...I'll keep an eye out for deli's. Not too sure how many grocery stores I'd be able to find...I may have to google that!

My hotel is providing a free buffet breakfast in the morning...I actually HATE hot cereal (nice thought though, thanks!) I may be able to snag some whole grain toast with some PB...YUM! I also need to have a LARGE cup of tea in the morning!

UniquelyNormal - I tried SlimFast and other types of shakes quite a few years ago and I really couldn't get over the sugary taste...fruit and yogurt is my usual for breakfast during the week.

Mortonpixie - last night is over, today is a new day! I hope you're having an enjoyable one!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Wifey, I live right outside the city, but I'm not a city girl, so I can't help ya'! Sounds like you'll only have to worry about Lunch, and you'll be busy on the go, so I'm sure you'll find something good! Come on, it's NYC, you can find anything there!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #6  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi guys, I'm back here after a year's break. Looking for the same great support I found last go around I have had a great summer keeping up with my exercise, but the lack of willpower is keeping me down (or my weight up rather). I was just asked to attend a conference in Las Vegas mid-September and would love to be back in Onederland by then.

Hope you all are having a great tuesday
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #7  

Wifey I wouldn't sweat it. I am sure you will be able to find something. I bet if the hotel provides a buffet they will have fruit and yogurt available. Lunch go for a salad or 1/2 a sandwich and some soup.

Today I got in tons of walking. We went to Biltmore in North Carolina. It's beautiful. Amazing really that someone had so much money back then, even the barn was amazing. We actually got rained on but decided to keep on trekking, after we paid to get in.

Tomorrow I take my DD, Amber back to the surgeon for her follow up appt after surgery. She is doing great and eating with no complaints of her stomach hurting. After her appointment I am taking her to the mall to do a little school clothes shopping and then to a movie. I think she wants to see G force or Ice Age 3, she hasn't made her mind up which one yet.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoni View Post
Hi guys, I'm back here after a year's break. Looking for the same great support I found last go around I have had a great summer keeping up with my exercise, but the lack of willpower is keeping me down (or my weight up rather). I was just asked to attend a conference in Las Vegas mid-September and would love to be back in Onederland by then.

Hope you all are having a great tuesday
Hi Toni!

Welcome back and good luck with your weight loss goals!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #9  

Hello all.

It's been a busy day. I've been doing last minute stuff getting ready for Philly. I stayed on plan today through it all. I just finished dinner. I made garlic tofu stir-fry. Something quick, easy and delish!

I was able to squeeze in a little me time today by getting a medi/pedi/eyebrows in my favorite massage chair at the nail salon. It was especially nice because I was the only customer for a long time. I've been going to the same place for years so I was able to get a lot of special attention. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment. My stylist knows I'm heading out so she'll make me drop dead gorgeous I'm sure. :::batting eyelashes:::
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:29 AM   #10  
Less than 15 now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoni View Post
Hi guys, I'm back here after a year's break.
Hi MamaToni! Looking forward to getting to know you better!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #11  
Less than 15 now!!

Sunshine - I went to the salon as well! Just a trim, took my 7 year old as well to get her bangs trimmed. BUT - we stopped and got foo-foo drinks and had a little girl time. I'm excited for you and Wifey and your trips, make sure to take pix for us!