Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #1  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink How many calories?

So my weight loss has been stalled about a month, maybe more. I feel like I've lost my way & am desperately trying to start up again. I am, however, a little confused as to how many calories I should be consuming at my current weight? I had previously been counting calories, eating around 1300-1400/day. I've started recording what I eat the past few days & noticed that 2 or 3 days in a row I'd eat around 900-1000 calories, & then I'd eat anywhere from 1300-1500 calories. I'm feeling a little unsure about my diet. I merely ate as much as my body required, and came up pretty unbalanced. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you for your consideration,
Kimberley
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #2  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Well to me it is all about what kind of calories we are talking about.
I mean you could be eating 1200 calories a day by having one big mac meal/ day only or 1200 calories of veggies whole grains and good fats.

It is normal to hit a plateau once in awhile and some people has plateau that are longer than others. The important thing is to keep doing what you are doing if you went the healthy way of course. If you are eating bad calories, remove them, go with whole food. It will make a difference.

Personnally my diet is between 1200-1400 of only good calories and I am doing pretty well.

Maybe look at what you are eating? question yourself on these days you eat 1500 if some of these calories are really necessary (like some fats or proteins.. maybe you have too many of them?)

Depending the diet you are following, just make sure the calories you do take are good ones that will sustain you and not starve your body

You look great in that picture and look at all the weight you already lost! come on keep going!! You can do it

Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/149/105

Height: 5'2

hi there, you may want to check out nutritiondata.com
on that website, you can find calculators and it will tell you how many calories you should be taking in , amount of carbs, fat, etc, to get to your weight loss goal.

hope that helps!
joyinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #4  
Fighting to be Fit

Wink

From what I've been reading on nutrition websites, it seems I should be eating between 1500-1700 calories/day. However, I also read that your metabolism slows down as you lose weight & this can be a leading cause for failed dieting attempts. You have to eat less than you were eating while you initially lost, or exercise more. I was originally eating between 1200-1500 calories/day. I think I need to up my calories (hopefully without gaining) and also up my exercise (which during those first 50lbs was pretty light and inconsistent). Does this sound like a valid plan of action?

Last edited by UrthWurm; 07-28-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hey, hon, you may want to post this again on the Calorie Counter's part of this forum. They are super friendly, super informative, and will help you on your way...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #6  
Fighting to be Fit

Thank you Kira! I'll do just that.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

What diet are you on? Is it just counting calories? I had trouble around 160 as well. I changed what I was eating, making sure the food was more nutritionally dense, like salads with my fat thrown in the dressing. Make sure you are getting some good fats. Once I added those in -- healthy amounts -- I noticed my weight began to melt off again. I also made sure to stay hydrated.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #8  
Fighting to be Fit

What diet am I on? Uhm.. the Vegan diet? I was initially just counting calories and eating organic. I then made the decision for both humanitarian and health reasons to go Vegan and that lack of fatty meats and dairy was key to a lot of my weight loss.