Old 07-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Legal Salad Dressing?

Hello all. Thank you for all of your knowledge. I've been hanging out and soaking it all in. However, I still have questions.

Today's question is in regard to homemade salad dressing. I'm on the yellow sheet (menu after preconditioning) and from what I can tell, I think my modified version of my favorite dressing is okay, but if someone more experienced could look it over and let me know, I'd appreciate it. I'm using it 2 times a day so I thought I'd better check.

Okay it's:

1 teaspoon Olive oil
3 teaspoons or so apple cider vinegar
crushed dried tarragon to taste
granulated garlic (garlic powder basically) to taste
2-3 drops of tabasco
water to make it go farther

Does this sound okay? I love this for dressing for about everything. From what I understand though, I just have to keep the EVOO to under 2 teaspoons a day and I'm good right?

Thanks so much!
3ducksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #2  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I think this sounds okay but you'd want to run it past your center. I have a great one that I use and it's:

2 tsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (I only use 1 for my personal taste)
2 or 3 packets of Splenda (depending on how sweet you like it)
Some Poppy Seed or Table Blend Mrs. Dash
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #3  
Love is like a butterfly

S/C/G: 162/131/120

Height: 4'11"

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
I think this sounds okay but you'd want to run it past your center. I have a great one that I use and it's:

2 tsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (I only use 1 for my personal taste)
2 or 3 packets of Splenda (depending on how sweet you like it)
Some Poppy Seed or Table Blend Mrs. Dash
How do you get that to cover 8 oz. of salad or on other meals 4 oz.? I am finding it real hard to eat all those raw veggies that are so dry - I have been adding my tune with diojonnaise added which makes it a little easier to down.
ButterFly49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #4  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterFly49 View Post
How do you get that to cover 8 oz. of salad or on other meals 4 oz.? I am finding it real hard to eat all those raw veggies that are so dry - I have been adding my tune with diojonnaise added which makes it a little easier to down.
well see, I'm not a big salad dressing person to begin with so it's actually the perfect amount for me. However, one of the counselors at my center said that she uses 2 Tbsp because she likes it so much! I did use 2 Tbsp this morning and it did cover quite a bit more. I usually have 4 oz. of lettuce and 4 oz. of cucumbers. It tastes so good. And before this program I NEVER ate salad so that might tell you that this is good. I plan on having it 2-3 times a week. I haven't tried it with poppy seeds yet because I'm afraid it might taste a bit different. who knows?
Old 07-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #5  
Love is like a butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
well see, I'm not a big salad dressing person to begin with so it's actually the perfect amount for me. However, one of the counselors at my center said that she uses 2 Tbsp because she likes it so much! I did use 2 Tbsp this morning and it did cover quite a bit more. I usually have 4 oz. of lettuce and 4 oz. of cucumbers. It tastes so good. And before this program I NEVER ate salad so that might tell you that this is good. I plan on having it 2-3 times a week. I haven't tried it with poppy seeds yet because I'm afraid it might taste a bit different. who knows?
Thanks. I used to glob it on my salads before this MRC diet so now I'll just have to adjust. I'm on the MetaSlim (green) now and probably will manage OK..
Hey, btw, which forum would be best- my stat's. age 60;hgt 4-11; wgt 162; wanna wgt 115. ???
Old 07-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #6  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterFly49 View Post
Thanks. I used to glob it on my salads before this MRC diet so now I'll just have to adjust. I'm on the MetaSlim (green) now and probably will manage OK..
Hey, btw, which forum would be best- my stat's. age 60;hgt 4-11; wgt 162; wanna wgt 115. ???
The MRC Take 37 July thread is where most of the general chatter takes place. Welcome and hope to you see around!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Noahsmama for responding! I finally did run it by my center and they said that was just fine. Your dressing sounds good! I'll have to give that a try. I could really use some variety.

Butterfly, if I have a bunch of lettuce, I sometimes add a little water to make my dressing go further. Usually, I also use less lettuce and load the rest with green pepper and cucumber.

Last edited by 3ducksmom; 07-27-2009 at 04:33 PM.
3ducksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #8  
Love is like a butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ducksmom View Post

Butterfly, if I have a bunch of lettuce, I sometimes add a little water to make my dressing go further. Usually, I also use less lettuce and load the rest with green pepper and cucumber.
Thanks 3ducksmom, That will help a lot.