Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

ugh Meredith! I hope you won that battle. There will always be people who no matter how hard you try will NOT like you. Don't worry about it. It was a very CRAPPY thing to do. I would feel sorry for her.

Niki...that is awesome you stopped yourself. Omg, I would have to have a planned binge at the movie theater. the butter popcorn and candy would be too much for me--not too mention KFC...can you modify your intake to allow some freedom? I believe in planned binges.

Yesterday, was a huge reminder of how easy it is to binge. I was a busy woman yesterday and after 2 hrs at the pool...and the kids eating all the snacks, I was hungry. I bought those single serve pizzas and some swiss cake rolls and icecream.

I wanted the kids to have a fun meal. Well, since I was hungry too and I planned on raising my calories for the day-- I was going to eat the fun meal with them. I had them each split a pizza (400 cs). I ate a whole one at 400cs. Which isn't bad. I also gave them each a swiss roll. I ate two. (100cs piece) Later we had icecream--thank God I made sure that I didn't take more icecream after I ate a 1 cup. I got my caloires to 1910. They have been right at 1300. Since it was so late --we didn't finish the icecream until 6:45 and when I'm not doing fast five I eat 11am-7pm--I was full and the cut off time kept me from eating more swiss rolls or the another pizza!

I was full and I was full on junk food--it was so tempting to just keep going--because bad feelings about how eating junk food makes you fat kept surfacing...but I enjoyed the respite..especially after swimming 2 hrs.

I don't consider it a binge. A binge would have been 2 pizzas, 8 swiss rolls, and 3 cups of icecream. that would have been so easy. I am glad I had enough control to say enough. But what if the kids weren't there? I have to believe I am getting stronger, and if the kids weren't there I would not binge.

I strongly recommend cut off times of eating for fellow bingers!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Had to stay strong earlier today as we went to the cinema, got away with a small salted popcorn and a bottle of water, then we headed off to Macdonalds, DH wanted to go to KFC but DD wanted a 'happy meal' so we went to the yellow M. I too had a happy meal consisting of mcnuggets, carrot sticks, a fruitbag and a bottle of milk. Do I get a halo for being as good as it's possible to be going on a family trip to the movies and then a fast food restaurant?

Nicki

ps it all fell apart about a couple of hours ago. Went to the inlaws for tea. MIL is a fantastic cook and I fell to temptation. She makes the greatest cakes and I had 2 slices of chocolate cake. On top of the fact that she'd also cooked up a huge Sunday Roast.

I'm feeling an uncontroled binge coming on and I don't like it.
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #63  

Nicki! wait hun. The need to binge is triggered by your sense of failure at eating the 2 pcs chocolate cake. You can still make it. Because you haven't actually binged. You did wonderful with the eating out thing. And you did perfect at the movie thing! Although it might have stressed you out because you couldn't order exactly what you wanted and maybe everyone else did? That's a trigger for me. So I just order what I want--just less of it. I would have had the kid's happy meal with the hamburger, and a small fry and a water.

you need to be armed and prepared against MIL. IF she has something cooked you know you might overdo..make sure you have a small slice of whatever it is AND something else filling. Maybe eat an apple b4 you even go over her house? What about a glass of hot tea with the cake?
Old 07-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #64  

Quote:
you need to be armed and prepared against MIL. IF she has something cooked you know you might overdo..make sure you have a small slice of whatever it is AND something else filling. Maybe eat an apple b4 you even go over her house? What about a glass of hot tea with the cake?
I'm liking those idea's, thinking about it she did have a fruit bowl on the table so I could have politely refused the cake by asking for a piece of her lovely fruit. That way she's complimented about her choice of fruit and I get away without eating any of the cake, or maybe a small slice rather than 2 large slices.

Nicki
Old 07-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #65  

I'm going to be away for the day tomorrow, so I'll be posting again on Tuesday.

Nicki
Old 07-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #66  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the supportive posts, girls. Somehow I DID manage to resist the urge to binge yesterday... Honestly I don't know how, heh, but I'm just grateful that I was able to make it through. I hate this "mouth hunger" thing--it seems like every time I binge, it takes a little bit longer for the cravings to diminish. Grrr. But I'm working through it! I'm so proud of myself, and of all of you!

Btw, today is day 8... Whoo!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #67  
~jus' being me~

Today is going to be a good day! Bcos I say it will I was feeling all blergh mainly cos its Monday and was walking out the door with too many bags as it was (full of work stuff) and I was listening to an old Jillian Michaels podcast and it has Helen the season 7 winner on there and in mid stride out the door I walked back in and unpacked my handbag, grabbed my back pack and packed it with my gym clothes.

I need to stop the late hours at work cos all it does is mean less time to do the things that keep me healthy and happy. So that is the plan for this week - leave here at a reasonable hour and go to the gym and get something done. I always feel better after.

Food is ok so far but its 11am
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #68  

yay Danni, yes you need you time.

Hooray Mere, you did it!

Nicki, I hope you stuck to your guns...and didn't give up for the rest of the day or tomorrow. you can do it.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:23 AM   #69  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

Heyyy, this has been my first full week without a binge since I got back on track! Woo! It feels pretty good especially since it got so hard at times. Fingers crossed I can do it again and again!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #70  

you can do it sharing! I know you can!