General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 10:58 AM   #1  

Default November Exercise Challenge.

This challenge is for the month of November. The challenge is to post the number of minutes that you will exercise (walking, wt lifting, cardio or what ever) until and including November 30th. As I calculate it, there are 26 days left in the month, so you take it from there to determine the minutes. You can post daily or once a week or at the end of the challenge, it's up to you. Hope you will take the challenge and good luck.

Now CHALLENGE yourself. If you have been doing 30 minutes every other day then go for a little more. Okay, here's mine.

I will meet or exceed 1035 minutes. I figured 45 minutes for 23 days of this month (taking Sunday as a day off).
Old 11-05-2002, 11:08 AM   #2  

Hi Semo,

I see your challenge and accept it!lol I'm from the LAWL board but thought i'd join your challenge, since i've been slacking off in this dept.

I have been slacking off of exercising for a whole month, going from working out 6days a week to 1day a week. I know, sad, sad, sad!lol

Well I do give myself Fri's off so starting tomorrow, I commit to working out 30-45min a day 6days a week. No exceptions. I know I can find the time to give myself 30min out of a day!

I'm in Semo!

Kathy
Old 11-05-2002, 12:43 PM   #3  
DNW

Semo..Semo..Semo..Semo...what a gal!!!:bn:

Minutes per week 270! 4 x 270=1080 minutes

That's walking for 45 minutes 4x week=180 minutes, and doing my exercise tape 3x week for 30 minutes at least=90 minutes.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:10 PM   #4  

Day 1 ~ November 5th

1035 - 55 = 980 to go

See I've already gone an extra 10 minutes. WooHoo. Once I start I'm okay.....it's just starting that holds me back.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:11 PM   #5  

Hi all,

Semo, it's because of you and your challenge that I did my workout today. I haven't done anything since early last week. But I wanted to be able to come on and post that I did 35min of cardio today, so I want to say thank you for coming up w/ this challenge. It helped me get off my butt tonight!

For all others who need help, come join us, every bit counts!

Kathy
Old 11-07-2002, 11:48 AM   #6  

November 6th ~ Day 2

45 minutes on the Orbitreck. OMG thought I was gonna die!!!
That's what I get for getting lazy.

980 - 45 = 935 to go!

KitKat: WooHoo and a pat on the back from one exercise dodger to another. Back when I was doing so well exercising I was in a monthly challenge similar to this one and it kept me going. Thanks for doing this with us, hopefully we can keep it going for months and months.

For anyone else that might want to join us, just jump in....just post minutes from today until the end of the month that you will pledge. No excuses why you should wait until the next one starts.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:35 PM   #7  

Hi Semo!

I realized that I didn't post my minutes from yesterday's workout till the end of the month, so I have 870min to complete by 11/30 minus 30mins from yesterday: 840mins to go!

I'm glad you did your tortorous orbiktreck, it feels good when it's over but boy does it hurt when your in the process!

I would defintely love to keep this going! I need to be accountable to some one. What do you have scheduled for tomorrow? I think i'm doing 40mins of cardio tonight, can't make up my mind.

Kathy
Old 11-07-2002, 03:04 PM   #8  

Hey KitKat. I've already done 15 minutes of weight lifting this morning and I'm not sure what I'll do tonight. I have quite the collection of exercise tapes so I'm thinking it will be Walk Away the Pounds or Ballero. I'll have to hurry home to use the VCR before my husband beats me to the tv. Think I'm gonna put VCR on my Christmas list so I can have one for the bedroom.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:35 PM   #9  

You've already done 15mins of weights? That's great! I use to have a problem w/ the tv/vcr when I first starting use video tapes, but no more. Even knows that this what I do and they have to just give me that 30-60mins to workout and then they can have the tv back! lol Tell you husband to read a book while you w/o. lol

Kathy
Old 11-08-2002, 09:49 AM   #10  

I'm so proud of myself.. I beat hubby home and put in the three mile Walk Away the Pounds tape in and finished the 45 minute tape. WooHoo, that's a total of one hour exercising for yesterday, after I add my 15 min weight lifting that I did in the morning.

November 7th ~ Day 3

935 - 60 = 875 minutes to go.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:44 AM   #11  

Good Morning!

Semo, i'm happy you made it home before you hubby! I did my workout again last night. Wow, you've really helped me out w/ this challenge! I'm so glad i joined!

840min - 30mins from last nights workout. 810mins left!

What's on plan for today? I may do 30mins more of cardio and then maybe some total body weights tomorrow.

Kathy
Old 11-08-2002, 02:04 PM   #12  

Well let's see.....I did 10 minutes on the orbitreck this morning and will probably do another tape tonight. I should be able to get out of here on time (4:30) DH gets off at 4:30 also but has a 30 to 45 min drive, and it only takes me 10 min to get home.

KitKat: What types of cardio do you do? I have a variety of tapes and get bored pretty quick with the same one/type everytime. I like to pick different tapes according to the mood I'm in. I have yoga, taeBo, Walk Away the pounds, Ballero (sp), several of the older firm, and some generic. The only exercise equipment that I've ever stayed with has been my orbitreck, I've had it for over two years now and still use it several times a week. Everything else has ended in a slow death of dust at yard sales.

DNW: Where are ya kid-o????? You don't have to post everyday but for me it's easier to keep track if I do.

Work calls so I gotta scoot.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:07 PM   #13  

Hi Semo,

I hope you make it home before DH today. I have tons of tapes. I usually do Firms or Cathe and some Karen Voight. If you haven't heard of Cathe, check out : www.cathe.com she's the best! Very intense, always hits the post. She has great step, hi/lo and weight tapes. the Firm i've been doing them for the past 8yrs, they are great as well. If you don't know or if you do, you can check out and order a free catalog from www.collagevideo.com they update their catalog every 3mths. They most of the tapes that are released to the public. Very cool. tonight I might do 30mins of one of Cathe's cardio.

Kathy
Old 11-08-2002, 03:31 PM   #14  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Hi Can I join in also. My start date is tomorrow since my DD has a hockey game tonight so my evening is rush home from work, pick her up drive just over 1 hour to the rink, watch game hang out outside the dressingroom then drive home....that should be about 10pm and I will be ready for bed............lol

Put me in for 990 that will be 45 min per day........

Good luck to you all.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:46 PM   #15  

Hi Hockeychic, you bet ya you can join in, the more the better. Glad you have decided to do the challenge. Hope this will be as helpful to you as it is to us.

Kathy, (My sister's name is Kathy with a K too) I'm going to check out the web site. Who says I can't fit another tape into the cabnet.
Closed Thread