Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Default First day on Diet to Go.

So today is my first day on Diet to go and I have to say so far the food has been pretty good. I had an omelet and sausage for breakfast, the sausage was really good and then a pork chop and green beans for lunch. I don't even eat green beans but I ate these. I could tell they were fresh. I'm doing the low carb this week and then trying Bistro MD next week and see which one I prefer.
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

Wow, porkchops on the diet. That sounds pretty tempting. I've heard great things about Diet-to-Go!
kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #3  

It's the first meal delivery I have tried. I'm pretty picky about food because I love it and wanted to go with one where the food was good. I know there are cheaper programs but the food is not as good. I didn't want to feel like I was eating processed food. So we'll see how day 2 goes!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #4  

Smile

I have no idea how I missed this one because I researched what I thought was every meal delivery plan in the world. I saw your post and went to have a look and the food looks amazing and the price is insanely affordable! Darn I don't know how I missed this one at all. I just signed up with Pure Foods which is expensive for me however I had not heard of this one at all. I love the food selection (all very gourmet and yummy looking). The prices are unreal and they deliver with dry ice which is what I prefer actually. Please please keep us posted on how you are doing and liking this one. I may just switch on over once I begin to get sick of the meals from Pure Foods and switch back at some point (to keep from getting to stagnant which is what happened to me on JC).

I am going to have a look in the archives to see what feedback I can find on this. This plan sounds VERY interesting and is almost less than what I was spending regularly at the store (though I see you have to buy the snacks separately if you want them which is no biggie for me).

Congratulations on your choice and good luck to you! Keep us posted!
PrincessDietMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #5  

Oh one question though (OK 2). I can't seem to find what the cost of shipping is on their site (I must be missing it or something). How much do they charge you for 7 days with three meals per day. I would appreciate it if you could fill me in there (cost of shipping and method of shipping...is it Fed Ex, UPS etc and is it overnight, second day or ground)? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Go to 3FC web site main page , On the right side you will see diets described including meal delivery systems. Some of them have been tried by the founders of 3FC. There is a world of valuable info there.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #7  

Awww bless you child! Thank you! Heading over there now!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:44 AM   #8  

As far as shipping goes, I believe it cost about $19? But with your first order, you get some free meals, so it offsets the cost of shipping, but only with the first. They ship with dry ice and they do two day shipping. Mine was shipped out on Monday and I got it Wednesday. It also depends on where you live, i'm in the midwest. They even have a 5 day plan too.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #9  

Okay, so my second day was pretty good as well. Had a vegetable quiche and sausage patty for breakfast, i like mushrooms and it had a ton. I had a seafood stew and brocoli with cheese for lunch and for dinner was a chicken marsala chicken breast and veggies. I can't wait to weight in at the end of this week and see how things are going.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #10  

I feel like such a nimrod for missing this plan while I was doing my research. This is exactly what I was seeking (fresh food that is flash frozen for safety, a company that uses UPS instead of Fed Ex, food that I can actually afford, a company that ships second day and uses dry ice). This kills me! I just signed up with Pure Foods Fresh Start and even with the 10% discount they gave me, I am paying $173.00 a week (all the color drained from my husbands face when I told him the amount). That's nearly $700.00 a month!

One thing I am confused about so maybe someone can shed a little light on, is this. It looks like they do not include snacks in the weekly price (which is no biggie because I can buy a pack of string cheese and some fruit and a package of chocolate squares). They show one plan and call it the "full plan 7 days" which is 3 meals per day for $120.99 and then they show another plan called the "special value plan" that is also three meals per day for 7 days and that's only $109.99 with both being 1200 calories per day. What's the difference? If neither includes snacks and each provides 3 meals of 1200 calories per day, why wouldn't everyone choose the cheaper one at $109.99 per week? What am I missing?

I have a full day tomorrow, but I am going to try and see if I can't chat with someone there tomorrow. I think these prices are wonderful!!! If I went for the $109.00 and it's only $19.99 per week additional for shipping, that's less than what I spend on myself for groceries normally!!! I really wish I had seen this before choosing Pure Foods, however both Sue and Craig assured me that I am not locked into anything and can cancel at any time. I will try Pure Foods of course but this one is something I may switch to sooner than later.

Thank you for this thread because I honesty did not know about this plan!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #11  

OMG! I just called and found out that if I order their value plan, I get three full meals per day (and their food looks incredible) and it will only cost me $125.00 a week and that includes shipping! I had to ask her twice because I could not believe what I was hearing. They have quite the selection of food and you can change from their regular low fat food to their low carb plan if you get bored and they have a wonderful different selection of meals on that one! The only thing that the value plan does not include is yogurt and fresh fruit that they supply with the other one that is still cheap ($136.00 a week). Either way this plan is seriously affordable. I really do want to kick myself for not finding this sooner because I really do prefer UPS and this is flash frozen food that is shipped in dry ice.

I am going to give Pure Foods a chance because I signed up already, but switching to Diet To Go will save me nearly $200.00 a month and I prefer flash frozen (less chance of getting ill). This has definitely been interesting and well worth the research. Again thank you and keep us posted on how you are doing on this!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #12  

It really has been pretty good so far. The low carb menu actually looked better to me so that's why I did that one first. I am going to also try Bistro MD for 1 week and see which one I like best. I do like the fact the Diet to Go is a cheaper plan especially if I decided to go with a 5 day plan and so far the food has been pretty good,and it really is showing me in just a few days how out of control my portions were.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to say good luck to all!!

It's so exciting to choose meal plans.
noodlebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #14  

Just an update. I have really been enjoying the food and have been pleasantly surprised how good everything tastes. I have liked most of everything. I have one more day till I weigh myself and I'm actually excited! Next week will be my first week in Bistro MD, so we'll see how the food compares.

I can say the one thing I havn't liked about Bistro MD is when my food arrived, there were like 9 items that I got that were different from the menu online. I could understand 1 or 2 items out of stock, but that seemed like a lot. Anyone else experience this?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #15  

Okay, so I"m down -5.8 pounds since I last weighed myself last week. Very excited, I'm sure a few pounds are water weight but that's a pretty good result for a first week. I exercised 3 days too. So we'll see what the next week brings. I don't expect the same loss but hopefully at least 2.