View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I like this thread-- good idea.

My big aha moment came about a year ago when got back the pictures from my brother-in-law's wedding. I wasn't in the wedding, but my husband was the best man, so I was there all day for the pictures. His fiancee is a cute teeny little thing, and we had to do a large family picture, and the photographer took a couple of DH and I as well...getting those pictures back was a slap in the face. I truly had no idea I looked like that. It's crazy how we can lie to ourselves even as we look in the mirror.

I had already been talking about MRC with my mom, and I told my MIL that night (she has weight issues, too) that I was going to start and that this was going to be it, etc. I could tell she didn't believe me, but I guess I've proven her wrong-- I've lost around 65 lbs., and although I've been gaining/losing/gaining/losing for a while now, this is the longest I've ever stuck with diet and exercise.

The good aha moments come when random people comment on weight I've lost-- the most recent one was a store owner in my hometown, and I only go in maybe twice a year. As soon as I walked in the door, he said I was looking great and had lost so much weight, etc. He doesn't even know my name. That just showed me how much people noticed my weight before who I never would have thought paid attention. It was kind of sad, really, but good motivation to never let myself get back there.

Also, my husband looks at me now-- really looks, and I can tell he likes what he sees. He was always sweet and supportive before, but now I can see how he feels, and I really believe it.
October Goal:

tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote