Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 07:23 AM   #1  

Default need help with eating lunch out tomorrow

Hi,

I need some advice. I'm meeting two friends for lunch on Saturday. I know the restaurant, and I doubt there's much healthy on the menu. They picked the place, and as usual, I just went along with it. Can't change it at this point. I'll try to make the healthiest choice available and skip dessert-which will be hard, cause they have tollhouse pie (picture chocolate chip cookie dough based in a pie crust!)

The problem is afterwards. I've been doing pretty well, and I'm afraid once I get that "fattening food" taste back in my mouth I will totally fall off the wagon, keep eating through Saturday and Sunday, and wake up disgusted with myself on Monday morning.

Any advice? I'll try to eat a cup of vegetable soup or something before I leave home to lessen the cravings, but otherwise, I don't have any ideas.

Thanks.
Sherry
Old 11-08-2002, 10:37 AM   #2  

Sherry,
You sound like you are taking the appropriate steps. Eating something before you go will help with not overstuffing yourself. Simply stop eating when you are full. I like to have half of my meal placed into a doggy bag before I even start eating, that way I will not be tempted to overdo it in one sitting, and I have yummy left overs for later.
I think that you will do fine, just don't let yourself worry too much about this and enjoy your lunch.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:50 AM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Drink 2 16oz glasses of water right before you leave for the restaurant.

Pick something like grilled chicken or fish, or a salad.

Also, what Denise just said! Then you will have lunch for Sunday.

Good luck!
Old 11-08-2002, 10:55 AM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I completely hear what you are saying. I think you'll be fine at lunch. After lunch will be the issue. I do it all the time. My suggestion is to plan for Saturday night as much as you have planned for lunch. Take out something healthy (but yummy) for dinner, tell you family what's for dinner so they will be counting on it (less room for backing out). Plan a healthy dessert (If you will be feeling like splurging, at least it will be healthy). Then by Sunday, you will feel like you accomplished something and you'll continue to do good.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:23 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Great advice Sandi! (I would have never thought of that!)

My advice is don't be afraid to be picky at the restaurant. My friends like I'm like Sally in "When Harry met Sarry," because it takes me 10 minutes to order. You are paying for the meal you're about to eat. Make sure it's what you want.

"I'll have the fish sandwich but I want it baked not pan-fried. I want no tarter sauce. I don't even want it on my plate, ok? I'll have cocktail sauce on the side. I don't want the rice pilaf, instead I want the double order of the steamed vegetables that no body else ever eats. No bread basket, no roll basket, no biscuit basket. Period. "
Old 11-08-2002, 02:26 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

Default great ideas here!!!

and i just want to add a couple of thoughts, for whatever they're worth. we seem to think that our OP food shouldn't taste GREAT, and that's just not true. it SHOULD be wonderful, and we need to care about it so that we want to eat it.

so, sandi's idea of making something yummy on saturday night seems like just the ticket. and surround it with other feel-good stuff four yourself.
maybe put candles on the table, and the good china. treat yourself to a bubble bath.

soft music. whatever it takes to make you feel pampered and special. break the food habit...

and have a great time with your friends, catching up and all that. and if they order dessert, ask for an extra fork, and limit yourself to two bites. after all, you only really WANT a taste or two. you don't want to eat the whole thing.

at least, it's worth a shot!!!!
Old 11-08-2002, 06:33 PM   #7  

Hi,
Thanks so much for the great advice. I"ll let you know how it goes.

Take care and have a nice weekend.
Sherry
Closed Thread