Old 07-24-2009, 07:56 PM   #1  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Angry Fessing up

I have been super stressed out this summer because of the run around I've been getting with my 8 year old and a diagnosis....it's either PDD-NOS or bipolar. Today he tried something that totally shocked me and just sent me over the edge. I don't know how to handle him anymore and with school starting soon I just don't know *sigh*

So now I'm sitting here feeling a bit guilty....I binged slightly on a ww blueberry muffin, an extra frozen fruit bar, 14 extra ff pringles and a 100 calorie pack of grasshoppers. I haven't ate that much junk in over a year Now I feel all yucky and my eye is still twitching in frustration.

Blah...I need a break

I straightened myself out right after though....I just felt like I needed to be held accountable
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

My kid (now 20yo) was dx'd with NVLD, CAPD, SAD, and Depression... there were times - I understand the frustration and the guilt.

If you need another board to help with that issue, I used: http://www.conductdisorders.com/ It's a great place for .. as they say: "soft place to land for the battle-weary parent."
quiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Sorry you are so stressed...hope things calm down soon. I am terrible with food and stress too.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #4  
No description available.

midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

Height: 5'7

I don't have children, but i know my share of "it pushed me over the edge & I want to throw myself off a curb moments!" You sound like your ok back on track, i try to come up with a plan. so the next time im looking over the side of the curb contemplating throwing myself off... i know exactly what to go. like hit the treadmill, even if you've already worked out for the day. or just going for a drive. anything that takes you out of that place.
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I so feel for you! My oldest has behavior issues. He is ODD and ADHD which we don't medicate (ODD is unmedicatable anyway). This is part of why we homeschool. There are days when I just can't take it any more Just remember, you can do better tomarrow

I second www.conductdisorders.com!!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #7  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks ladies....I'll check out that other website.

I know there are others reading my first post and can't believe I would call that a binge but in all honesty that was for me. It wasn't planned and I ate junk, no matter how few calories the stuff I ate carried. I was an emotional binger before and I suspect it will always be something I have to fight against. I just don't keep things like nacho cheese Doritos, little debbies, full fat ice cream, cookie dough, etc in my home anymore. Not even for my family.

I normally do exercise or get busy when I feel stressed but with my other two children picking up on my mood it was like a tag team match and I was the sore loser.

Today is another day. I signed up for a pole dancing class on August 4th to get me out of the house and I'm feeling better after a hard run early this morning

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 07-25-2009 at 10:10 AM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

((hugs)) I work for a children's mental health agency in Ontario, we have a lot of funding to provide services to kids on the spectrum, there's so many different and varying levels. Hopefully there's something around where you are? even just to talk to someone who understands is a blessing to a lot of folks. All the best.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #9  
~jus' being me~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanceDiva View Post
I know there are others reading my first post and can't believe I would call that a binge but in all honesty that was for me. It wasn't planned and I ate junk, no matter how few calories the stuff I ate carried. I was an emotional binger before and I suspect it will always be something I have to fight against.
It doesnt matter what you ate hon, its all about HOW you felt when you reached out and ate for reasons other than hunger. So, hugs to you Goodonya for recognising it and moving on. That is HUGE!

ps. and yay for pole dancing class!! Some of my most "conservative" friends have done them at hens (bachelorette) parties and had sooooo much fun!!! Looks like a great workout too.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I'm right there with you in a way. My son is almost 8 and we've dealt with issues for as long as I can remember, they don't believe it's ADHD, but we don't have people up here that he can see, so we deal. He's definitely got sensory issues and he's impulsive. This week has been more violent behaviour which is not something he usually does so I was in the same boat, luckily I did not react in anyway except tears in my van after a meeting with this daycamp workers. I'm glad you caught yourself and are back on track.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #11  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I don't have kids, but I do hope everything works out and you're able to get some clarity on what his diagnosis is, so you know what you can do to improve things.

Great job handling the stress with only a small slip and continuing on with exercise.

Last edited by chickiegirl; 07-26-2009 at 09:57 AM.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #12  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

*sigh*

Sorry to hear about all that.

If it makes you feel any better.... my brother Matt (who's now 19, and has been living with me for the past year and a half because of his father's illness and death) had HORRIBLE ADHD growing up... passed on from his dad who was almost worse, except for the fact that he was older and not so hyper... and still deals/struggles with it..... but he has turned out to be the most AMAZING, strong, determined kid I know. He pulled all his childhood and middle school bad grades up to AB honor roll in high school, graduated on his own with only my help... and even now that his dad has passed and he's no longer on insurance and cannot even get his meds (for the past 3 or 4 months)..... but he's still rockin it and strong. And going places. Growing up he was so frustrated, and still gets that way, but now he's come to realize what it does and tries his best to keep from losing his cool with it, and letting it dominate his actions and his life.

These kids can do it.... they DO get through it, and quite often it makes them amazing, wonderful people for it. All we can really do is support them and keep them afloat until they know they can do it on their own... and you know what? It's so worth it in the end.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #13  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I had childhood onset bipolar, I wasn't diagnosed until 14, but was sick far before that, and didn't get real treatment until I was 18 because my family was against it.

It took me five years to find the right meds, some are luckier than I. I"ve been MOSTLY stable for about 5 years now, since Abilify. It was really hard growing up, I won't lie, but I wish Ihad had a supportive family structure like the one you are giving to your son by seeking help. My fam was so against it, now they are thrilled I'm on meds cuz I'm not freaking out on THEM anymore. ha!

Hope all goes well.

Last edited by lottie63; 07-26-2009 at 03:36 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #14  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

It makes me so sad to hear of people against helping their loved ones, despite the fact that it's obviously something they need. *sigh*

Some things just can't be helped....
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

I have two special needs children myself, so I can realate in some ways. Hang in there, and forgive yourself. You have done such an amazing job.
Sending you a hug.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote