View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #1

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default Ah-Ha moments - Do you have one?

I have several reasons for going to MRC and taking my life back....As I was waiting to weigh in this morning, I was just thinking about my journey so far. I've decided that 'ah-ha' moments can be good and then they can sometimes sting a bit, but these were on my mind, so I thought I'd share.

I have known for about a year now that my weight was getting out of control and I was always going to do something about it - tomorrow. I'd say "I wish getting thin was as fun as getting big was" because of my love of all things sweet. The clothes I bought kept getting bigger, I'd buy more accessories instead of clothes because clothes didn't fit. I'd started a new job and as a result had an opportunity to be a guest speaker at a local elementary school in the kindergarten class. At the end of the class, a beautiful little 5 year old girl raised her hand and said she had a question....ENTER AH-HA Moment #1...She said "You look fat today, are you pregnant?" After I confirmed that, 'no' I wasn't pregnant (and hadn't been for almost 9 years)...I went home like a sad pup. (If you want to know what I really said in my mind....I'd be happy to share!!!) LOL!

Ah-Ha moment #2 - Significant Birthday
Ah-Ha moment #3 - my sister giving me clothes that she wore while she was pregnant because they didn't fit her any more but they fit me

That's when I drew the line....Now my Ah-Ha moments are a bit different...
I've had a client tell me I'm wasting away, I can wear a pair of jeans I haven't worn in at least 3 years, I am running a 5k tomorrow, I officially weigh less than my drivers license says I do, I am 1/2 way to my weight loss goal, I feel better than I have in years, I have energy...sometimes more than I know what to do with.

MRC has helped me in so many ways. Of course, I've had a cheat or 2 along the way! Last week my husband had a large cookie from the Cookie Company, so I took a bite. All I could taste was grease and oil, it wasn't good like I remember a cookie being. So now I guess I'm forced to eat my words...It is fun getting thin...maybe even more fun than getting big was!

Thanks for listening!
lookinfine09 is offline   Reply With Quote