Old 07-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #1  

Height: 4'11"

Default my current goal may kill me

I've been approaching my weight loss by mastering one thing at a time.
Regular exercise - check
No junk - check
5 veggies/fruit a day - check

My latest goal is to work on moving more (otherwise known as getting off my lazy butt) I am suddenly BUSY! I am finding there are not enough hours in the day for doing all the stuff I've got on my list. I've cut my internet and TV time by like, 90% or something ridiculous. I am up and around, moving my bod throughout the day, and I am FREAKING EXHAUSTED! Last night I went to bed at 8:30, before my kids!!! I know I will adjust to this level of activity, and I sure am getting a lot of crap done, but sheesh, not being a couch potato is tiring. I often wondered what I would do with all the extra energy I will have after I take some of this weight off. Well, I'm not wondering any more!

Last edited by thinpossible; 07-24-2009 at 09:13 AM.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I so need to follow your lead! I find myself at this computer probably 30-45 minutes of almost every hour! It's a horrible addiction! Maybe I will try to limit my computer time starting on Monday..

Way to go!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #3  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

that's funny! I have noticed my skinny bf (who "mentions" ahem quite often all the stuff he has to do is much more generally active than I am, so that sounds like something I should work on too. Good for you!

a little aside, I love watching that show So You Think You Can Dance, I think I tell myself if I'm watching really active, fit people on tv that I'm doing something (heh heh -- wake up, Margie!!)
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Try finding the show Dance Your *** off, I love it!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Way to go. It sounds like you are accomplishing many things in addition to losing weight!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #6  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Well I would like to say you are doing marvelous!

Your approach to changing things slowly is a wonderful approach and I know that you will find a way to get that exercise in somehow because you are determined! Have you ever considered getting up real early and exercising, that way you can get it over with and forget about it? Thats an option.

And it gets a bit easier once your body gets used to the increased activity. When I first started I would sleep oh so good at night because I was just so tired.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well ya know what they say, "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

It's great to be "exhausted" from actual physical activity then by being in a sugar/carb stupor like I was back in the day. Boy oh boy did my productivity level SOAR when I gave up that stuff and made a conscious effort to move myself. Now it is natural and my DH gets tired just looking at me and hearing about all I get done in a day.

Keep up the great work. I see you're approaching ONEderland!!!! Your hard work IS paying off.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinpossible View Post
I am up and around, moving my bod throughout the day, and I am FREAKING EXHAUSTED! Last night I went to bed at 8:30, before my kids!!! I know I will adjust to this level of activity, and I sure am getting a lot of crap done, but sheesh, not being a couch potato is tiring.
To be honest, I LOVE that feeling. It feels much better to me than the "fatigue" of depression. Loads, loads, loads better.

But yes, it does get better and start to balance out!

Last edited by JulieJ08; 07-24-2009 at 12:02 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #9  

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugCanDoIt View Post
I know that you will find a way to get that exercise in somehow because you are determined! Have you ever considered getting up real early and exercising, that way you can get it over with and forget about it?
Oh, I do exercise. I walk my dog an hour each morning. I do have to get it over with first thing. Otherwise it doesn't seem to get done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
To be honest, I LOVE that feeling. It feels much better to me than the "fatigue" of depression. Loads, loads, loads better.

But yes, it does get better and start to balance out!
Yeah, you're right. I'll take it over depression any day.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
It's great to be "exhausted" from actual physical activity then by being in a sugar/carb stupor like I was back in the day. Boy oh boy did my productivity level SOAR when I gave up that stuff and made a conscious effort to move myself. Now it is natural and my DH gets tired just looking at me and hearing about all I get done in a day.
Yep! It's amazing, once you adjust, how much more energy you'll have for EVERYTHING...not just your workouts, but EVERYTHING. It's almost magical. I get a LOT done now, and even when I'm reallyreally busy (like right now...workload for my job is very high, and I have a lot going on personally), I never ever skip the exercise...because it makes everything else EASIER.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #11  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I so know what you mean, and agree that I'll take honest exhaustion over lazy fatigue ANY day!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hooray! Congrats! Now I need to take your lead
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote