Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 04:04 PM   #1  
Finally Fit!

Angry Weigh-Cute Buddies!

HI Girls. Hope you follow me here from "Need Buddy...". I thought a fresh start would do us some good. I'm working hard to get myself outta my slump. Winter hits me hard, and I tend to get depressed. Also, I don't have that pressure to look so good in the winter, so I'm afraid i"ll slide into old habits.

But, we'll keep each other on track! Talk to you later!
Old 11-06-2002, 04:27 PM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

cute name for the thread. We must be on the same wavelength because I was just thinking about how long the other one had gotten.HAHA I lost 4.5 pounds this week for a grand total of 15 pounds lost. I have another 61 to go and I am there. Then of course the real challenge(for me) starts. I seem to have trouble maintaining. Had ya noticed???LOL

I brought my treadmill out of the closet today and did 2 1/2 miles on it. That is so much more work than just going for a walk. I wonder why. I was sweating so bad and my feet ache and the poor dog was just sitting there staring at me like" HEY, if you want to go for a walk..." But it has been pretty crappy out for the last couple of days so I guess I will make friends with my treadmill.

Everyone have a great night.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:44 PM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi. I am just posting a reply to get the notifications.Bye
Old 11-06-2002, 05:09 PM   #4  

That is great angie! I know you feel great with the weight lose. I know what you mean about the treadmill. I think you work harder b/c the thing doesn't stop it is set at that certain speed and like it or not you have to keep up.

Chris - sorry to hear about the slump. It happens to me too. I don't feel like I work hard enough b/c I can cover everything up. But b4 I know it, it is time to hit the water and all I do is whine. i want this year to be different. I would love to be happy that bathingsuit season is here. Well I guess I will have to wait and see.

I will be leaving to go home soon so I hope everyone has a great night and don't have to much fun without me! I'll be back in the morning.
Old 11-06-2002, 05:53 PM   #5  
Finally Fit!

I agree AngieME, that treadmill almost mocks you, going and going and going. At least walking the dog, I can stop and get a break while she sniffs something out. I did that treadmill yesterday, and I"m still hurting! Took a walk right before dinner, and I"m so glad i got that outta the way. Now I can lay around, watch TV, play on the 'puter, and stay inside... while it rains cats and someone else's dogs.

KempyD: I hate that you don't have internet at home. We don't get to really talk. I hope i get outta this slump. I think I"ll manage through the winter, and then get revitalized by Spring to finish off the weight loss. Maybe I should maintain through the winter... that'll be my goal.

For Losing your weight so far: BRAVVVOOOO!!!!

Started at: 210
Currently: 170
Goal: 150
Don't laugh, it was **** to get this far!
Old 11-06-2002, 06:06 PM   #6  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Chris I didn't know you started out at 210. How long has it taken to get to your current weight of 170? Great Job by the way!!! I also get depressed in the winter. I can't stand anyone for half of it.

Kempyd, you need to get the internet at home so we can all do a chat some night in the chat room. Have you guys checked that out yet? I have been on it a few times. It is fun to talk to other members of 3 Fat Chicks.

Night,Night chickies!!
Old 11-06-2002, 06:21 PM   #7  
Finally Fit!

I have been about 200 pounds for years. I started gaingin weight in 1993, when I went away for College. Then, after I graduated, I met my husband, and, when you're in love, you sometimes get fat and happy. That was me! Then, in May of this year, at a Memorial Day pool party, my sister and I layed out by Dad's pool. There was a camera, then there were pictures, and then there was depression at the sight of my body. I'd been this weight for ever, and now it was time to change.

So, I decided to take a thermogenic pill, and sweat it off. That worked, and it also caused me to lose sleep, sweat all the time, and get irritated at everyone. I stopped taking it after about 2 months, and started to exercise and eat right. Boy, that was hard, with no pills. So, I've been 170 now for about 2 months, and I'm in a holding pattern. I haven't been this weight since I was 16 yeard old. I feel skinny. That's my story.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:50 PM   #8  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Hiya gals! Miss me much? lol
I started at 211.5 (that was when I bought the new scale, s that's where I'm starting. Now I am 206.5. 7 more pounds and I'm under the 200 mark.

Chris - I had no idea you'd lost so much. (I had no idea your name was Chris either!)

Angie - I'm so proud of you! 15 POUNDS IS SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!

I guess I've got about70 more to go, but I think I'd even settle for 57. I looked pretty good when I weighed 149...... Good enough to get pregnant anyway.
Oops! Did I say that? Well, we all learn lessons, just some people learn harder than others right? Well, be good gals, and I'll chatatcha later

Jen
Old 11-06-2002, 07:48 PM   #9  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Wink Check out my ugly mug!! HAHA

I finally got my pic resized to use as my avatar.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:10 AM   #10  
Finally Fit!

AngieME: WOW! You're so pretty! (not that I"m surprised), but I didn't know we could use our pictures. I have an older one, but it's the same me. How'd you do it?

Jenni: I have no babies yet, and sometimes I wonder, am I losing this weight, so I can feel healthier when I do get pregnant? And is it pointless, sicne I'll gaina ton of weight (like my mom)... that'll put me way past where I was... just have that feeling.

I've lost about 40 pounds since May, but sometimes I look in the mirror and see that old me... with the weight. And, I wanna go to KFC. My mthr once lost 100 pounds (obesity runs in my family i think), and when she began to receive a lot of attention from others, especialy men, she didn't know how to handle it, and she put it all back on. I love her so much. NOw she's thiniking about gastric bypass. I just am afraid to be at her weight (325). I see her struggling wiht a lot of health problems.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:05 AM   #11  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

go to edit options,click change avatar.it will change pages, go to the bottom of the page and you can either select browse which will let you search your files for your pic or you can enter the URL of your pic if it is online.
My pics were too big so I had to use picture it to make them web ready.

I will change mine with every 10 pounds I lose.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:53 AM   #12  

I like the pic angie. I guess I need to start doing that too. The problem is hubby has the digital camera and I never get to play with it. He uses it for work to much. Maybe I can snag it once or twice.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:55 AM   #13  

Keep up the good work ladies. You all are doing great. Chris - if all youcan do is maintain over the winter then that is great. That means you didn't gain anything! Angie- I think it is great that you set your goals for 10 lbs at a time. I have to do really small about 2 lbs at a time. Other wise I fall of the wagon. Jenn - I am proud of you and all your hard work. You have come a long way since you started here at the site.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:42 AM   #14  

Hello. I've been reading your posts here for a couple of days. I find myself drawn to people whose stats are similar to mine. Am I the only weirdo? I'll do a short intro. I'm 28, married, with three kids, 7, 5, and 9 months. Both of my sisters live with us to, (one is due in Dec). So I have a very chaotic, full, house. I've struggled with my weight since I hit puberty. I am currently the smallest I've been since before I got pg with my oldest eight years ago. I'd like to be about 150 or so. Which sounds big, I know, but I haven't been that small since I was 16. I've been kind of on a plateu for the last couple weeks. Only going down aout .5 pounds a week. I walk on the treadmill for an average of 45 mins a day, but I've been eating really awful stuff. My house has been full of Halloween candy and cookies from my sisters baby shower for the past 2 weeks. That makes it hard as I have NO willpower!! I've been talking to myself though, trying to convince me that I can do better. t's like a constant battle in my mind. "I want a Kit-Kat" "You really shouldn't, you know it won't help you lose weight" "I want a Kit-Kat" "Come on, Serina, you know how many calories are in one of those! Go drink some water" "But I really want this Kit-Kat" "Don't do it. You know you'll regret it." "Yeah, you're right, I will regret it" Then I eat it anyway!!!! AARRGGGHHH! So, that's my story. I hope no one minds if I listen in here. Thanks!!
Old 11-07-2002, 01:17 PM   #15  
Finally Fit!

Welcome Serina!!! We love the company, and can relate to your conversations wiht yourself. We do the same thing, I"m sure. I am originally from Columbus , Ohio. Was born at Grant Hospital. My whole family went to OSU. except me, oddball. But, I"m now in Maryland, married, also 28 yrs old, but no babies yet. So, you're in the same boat as us... we're all trying to lose. I know how ahrd htis is, and you're right, it's a battle. But, you have to find the control in yourself, and when you want that Kit Kat, try something healthy instead, and thumb your nose at junk. After a while, it gets a little easier, when you see results in your body. It never goes away, that urge to eat bad stuff. But, I know from experience, you can do it. One day at a time, and if that's too had, try one hour at a time.
Closed Thread