Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Default New Subway Chicken Salad Sub

I had a doctors appointment this morning and was going to miss lunch, so hubby brought me a 6 inch chicken salad sub from Subway. It's new on their fresh fit menu. I had it on whole wheat with no extra anything, and OMG! It is fantastic! 216 calories and 4 grams of fat. I wouldn't want to eat it very often because of the sodium, but for those occasional emergencies, it's not too shabby. Just wanted to share.
Shipaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #2  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

It sounds good but I would be concerned about the calorie content if it is already mixed. Unless the person making it is measuring the mayo exactly and being certain to use low-fat or fat-free, those calories are going to add up quick! I SO do not mean to be a debbie downer. Just a general concern I have about most restaurant foods.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #4  

subway sounds so good right now
anuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

yum, what's on it?
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #6  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

WOW ... im always @ subway if i have to eat out for lunch, and i never seen it! Thanks though I'm going to look out for it. Is it like chicken salad, with mayo and everything?
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by garstar View Post
yum, what's on it?
It comes with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles (I skipped these), chicken breast chunks and light mayonnaise. Sounds really basic and I'm not sure if the chicken is seasoned or what makes it so good, but it was really, REALLY good... lol.

Hubby watched them make it and said the mayo was spread very thin... I'm sure calories and fat could vary depending on who's making it and how heavy-handed they are with the mayo. Just keep an eye on them and if they put too much, make them do it over.
Shipaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Is this a problem at ALL Subways, or just ours? I'll go once and get my oven roasted chicken breast with fat free honey mustard (or on lower calorie days...the chicken bacon ranch), and it's GREAT. Other times...the chicken is all chewy and fatty and full of gristle. Just gross.

Problem anywhere else?
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #9  

I worked at Subway in high school, and the chicken breasts had the same issues back then, too. The chicken comes pre-cooked and frozen, some of the pieces were more fatty than others. I'd wager it's all Subways, since the stores don't get to pick what pieces comes in the box.

Also, all of the mayo at Subway is a lower fat mayo. And their salad spreads, like their seafood (if they still have it) doesn't come pre-mixed, but it's a standard ratio - one bag of seafood and one pouch of mayo, then served with a standard scoop - so you're getting roughly the same calories/fat/etc every time. The exception is their pre-mixed chicken salad, which is only available in certain areas. That comes to the store already made, so I'm not sure how consistent the counts would be on that.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #10  

I am glad this is back.Subway had this years ago and I miss it.It was considered one of their low fat sandwiches.Made with light mayo.On SBD I used to get it on a salad.Yummy.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote