View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
Rosinante
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Thankyou for all the help.

So far,
I've got a 98% sparkly sitting room - just got the windowsills to wash.
I've taken a dog for a walk, not far, she's develped vestibular syndrome and falls over easily (but will improve), but better than nothing.
Rang the cable company to dispute a bill. Got two non-English speakers, one who hung up, one who said. 'I'll arrange a call back' and hung up because I couldn't understand their answers (their answers, not their accent). If no call-back today, I shall write tomorrow.
Rung up the flooring company to get them to mend the laminate flooring which is lifting.
Rung 'the friend', talked about life etc nothing deep, arranged lunch for next Tuesday. We're going to a restaurant he's tried and been wanting to show me for a while, which sounded amicable.
However, when I said, 'I'll just ask this once. I can draw lines, can you?' 'Yes', he said. 'There's maybe one thing to say but not over lunch.'
'Really?' I said. 'I was annoyed by you; you were annoyed by my response; we draw a line.' 'Oh, there's just one more thing to be said. Maybe in the carpark after lunch.'
'You have something else to say, fine. See you Tuesday.'

This is withering in the light of reality, isn't it? What a manipulator. Either it's an apology (yea right) or he will try to make me feel small. The good news is - I see the manipulation; he will not make me feel small, got my 'thanks but no thanks' ready; I will, of course, accept an apology - but, regretfully, I think this is one friendship on the fizzle.

Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote