Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 09:36 AM   #1  

Default La weightloss #56

I guess it depends upon your center, but buying the lites are part of the La weightloss plan.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:23 AM   #2  

I agree. I know the plan is expensive, but it works. I took an early retirement and am not working so I don't throw money away, but as my husband said, :I don't care if it costs thousands if it works". My health is worth every penny. That is why i use the lites. I also think they are part of the program and if you didn't spend it on the lites you'd be bying other bars or Heaven forbid-POTATO CHIPS !!!!!
Old 11-03-2002, 09:56 PM   #3  

I posted the info on the bars because I wanted to shed the light on the subject that if you are told you MUST by they bars you are being lied to. It is a nice way to make a few bucks (which they do off my because I like them), but if you are strapped for money you should know you don't have to buy the bars!

As for merging with this new forum it seems so big and I am not sure that I like it. I liked the intimate one that we all had. Oh well, things change and I'm sure I'll adjust. I hope you all find this one okay.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:44 AM   #4  

Erin, that's so right. It is a way to make a few $$. Not only that, but the counselors there work on comission. I had considered taking a job with LA after college, went through all the interviews, etc... and I found out what a high-pressure seller they expect you to be. I was told that in order for me to work for them, I needed to start taking the pills, otherwise I couldn't sell them in good conscience, could I? LoL. So I went elsewhere for the job.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:48 AM   #5  

I don't like this board either. We are going to get lost in the shuffle. Why did they change us and not Body for Life.?
Old 11-04-2002, 10:27 AM   #6  

I agree it was hard to see where we were.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:40 AM   #7  

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

I lost 1# when I weighed in on Friday and it was a stretch. I am positive and OP today. I bought over the weekend Denise Austin's Pilates and Power Yoga tapes. I thought that would be good for the days I don't want to go to the gym. I read that they were good. Anyone tried them?

I have to get rid of the remaining Halloween candy! The weather was bad so we didn't get as many kids, and I have left over candy. I think I'll send it to my husband's office. Better on their behinds than mine!

Hannah
Old 11-04-2002, 11:18 AM   #8  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone, I agree...the merge with this board kind of sucks. Oh well, we'll just have to make sure we're so active that they give us our own board again.

I was horrible this weekend. I drank alcohol both Friday and Saturday night, ate fast food, and stuffed myself at a dinner party. I don't know what came over me. I'm not even a big drinker, but once I got the alcohol in my i was like....might as well blow it big time. anyway, I started the two day take-off on sunday to get myself back on track. I was the same at weigh-in today, so maybe i won't gain from my weekend. i hate the two day take off!!!! this sounds funny, but the out of control feeling i had this weekend really spooked me. it's the first time i've felt like that since i started LAWL. i have to focus on the program again before i get too cocky and regain all i've lost.

sorry for the rambling, here's to a great LAWL week.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:35 AM   #9  

Hi all,

What's up w/ this merger? I hate it! Miss our little corner on the web, this is confusing!lol

Well, I still haven't been doing well. I haven't been to my center, in like forever. I'm back on track today though. I'm in the diet zone mentally so I know I won't be messing up for a while!

I didn't do the take off like I wanted to this weekend, instead I ate donuts, pasta, soda, icecream, cake, etc, you more than get the pic. I'm so bloated it's not funny!

Kathy
184/?/130
Old 11-04-2002, 11:38 AM   #10  

Kathie, i'm on the Gold Plan as well. I read your description in a past post about what your allowed to have for weekends off, did you try it this weekend?

Anyone else try the weekends off?

Kathy
Old 11-04-2002, 03:45 PM   #11  
JAG

I am on the Gold plan too but have not tried the weekends off. I have 2 questions maybe someone an answer. The people at my center told me that if you increase your exercise to more than 5 hours a week that they increase your plan. Has that happened to anyone? Next question is, what supplements from the center are you taking?

Monday is almost over!

Thanks
Jen
Old 11-04-2002, 04:27 PM   #12  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

hey Jag, i think your info is right as far as the diet plans. I work out around 7 hours a week, and they have me on the red plan. of course, it also takes into account how much you weigh now and how much you want to lose. as for supplements, i take my own calcium and multivitamin, but i take LAWL's EFA, FB500 and Trimax. i think every little bit helps, and i can tell a difference in my cravings when i've been taking the trimax. i'm not convinced that the fatblocker works though.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:47 PM   #13  

I chickened out on trying the weekends off. I think I'll do it this next weekend because it will be my 30th anniversary on 11/11, and I don't want chicken at my dinner !!!
Old 11-04-2002, 08:38 PM   #14  

Wink hello

Hi, I would like to introduce myself, as I have been reading this board today and would like to get to know you guys!

My name is Pennie and I joined LAWL last week, but just started the diet yesterday. I am on the Red Plan since I am breastfeeding my 10 month old. I didn't do the Jet Start part because of the nursing, and they won't let me eat the bars, so I am doing the hot choc. and the shakes. I am finding the lack of carbs so hard!!! Of course they got my money before they let me see the diet. I also found the $$ part tough and them very pushy. They really make their money on the Lites...... just a scam. However, I did it because I need their help! I am hoping the 3 times /week visits will keep me honest. I need to lose 60 lbs! I hope I can keep my milk with such a restrictive diet!

Congratulations to all of you, you all sound like you are doing well!
Old 11-05-2002, 12:11 AM   #15  

Smile Still nursing

Pennie,
Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I am still nursing (at night only) and haven't had a problem with my milk supply. And the diet to me is great (except for the carbs) . Other than that you actually get quite a bit of food to eat and healthy foods that will definately keep your milk supply up.

I agree with the payment stuff. I think they are very pushy. I think that if they re-vamped their program to not be so pushy about the bars and the money the reception would be bit better. Luckily though since I'm still nursing they really can't push anything on me so I don't feel too pressured at all!

Good luck with your plan! It's worked wonders for me so far! 40 lbs. gone since August! Now if I can just get all this Halloween candy gone I'll feel much better!

Kris
Closed Thread