View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #9
beachgal
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Miss Maya! This is a great question, but there are two answers:

1. Don't start exercising in Phase 1 if you haven't already been exercising regularly. It's too tough. However, if you're still feeling tired on day 8, you might not be getting enough good carbs, protein, and/or water. A lack of any of them can make you tired.

2. When you start Phase 2, work your way into an exercise program that includes both cardio/aerobic exercise (i.e. Walk Away The Pounds videos, walking/running on the treadmill, using the elliptical, Jazzercise classes, water aerobics, etc.) and strength training (lifting weights, using machines AND free weights like dumbbells). You can learn a lot about both in our Fitness forums, but I believe there's also a wealth of information on exercise in the new South Beach Diet: Supercharged! book. Did you read the older SBD book before starting the program? If you didn't read either, I highly advise you to read it as soon as possible. It's really difficult to do this plan without reading the book, plus Supercharged will help you figure out what exercise is best for you.

Glad to have you with us!