Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ July 20 - 26

Good Monday morning, chickies! Let's make this a binge-free week. All are welcome!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #2  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Today is day 2 for me... Why is it getting SO hard to remember why I shouldn't binge? It's like, all of a sudden I just don't care about the fact that I worked so hard in order to lose this weight, and instead all I want to do is eat and eat until I feel sick. (Then wait a couple hours or so until I don't feel as sick, and then eat MORE!) Why do I want to throw away all my hard work? It doesn't make any sense! I'm just hoping that if I can power through the next couple of days, my binge cravings will start to dissipate a little. I *know* that this has happened in the past, so all logic tells me that it will work the same way now, but it's always hard to make myself believe it. heh.

Bah. I don't know what's wrong with me. But I DID call to make a therapy appt today, whooo! Anyways, good luck to all you ladies this week... I know we can stay strong.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #3  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

Day 4.

Guh. So tired. Lethargic. Sore.

I want to go back to bed and sleep forever. No workout today. I have no concerns about my eating either.

Mmm. Tonight's sleep will be gewd.
bucketwithapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #4  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Joining in. Today is day 1 for me. Although I didn't make it a a binge free week last week, I did make it two days without a binge and had less time eating on the days where I did binge. At least last week wasn't a complete blur of food. baby steps.
ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm still binge free. I actually tried to up my caloric intake today. I was shooting for 1600-1800. I didn't make it. I crammed too much food into 3 hours. And ended up not wanting to eat dinner. I've also stayed tired and lethargic all day well after I roller skated with the boys. plus I have a headache. The bed was just nicer to me today than food.

This was definitely a DOWN day for me.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #6  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Tomorrow will be day 1 for me, just had a mini-binge after supper.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:52 AM   #7  
~jus' being me~

I understand Meredith! Its easy to forget that "it" can work and that you can be happy without tonnes of food filling you every day. It seems as though your confidence in yourself has been shaken a little . . . you remind me of me in some ways, when if I havent been "perfect" (whatever my perception for that is) then I feel like I start to unravel . . . . I read in a nother post that one good day can roll into another good day just as one bad day or moment rolls into another. Hang in there lovely!!!!

I am doing really well on the foods. Just not expecting too much from myself and going one day (and sometimes one moment) at a time. Often if I can just get through that "moment" . . . you know when in your head and heart you know that the beast has been awakened and you need to eat . . . as long as I can focus on getting through that one moment when it starts then the rest of my evening seems to go well.

Just for one day. Just one . . .
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:59 AM   #8  

Today sucks. I let the scale ruin my day. My clothes are still looser, and I know it is physiollogically impossible to gain 3 lbs of real weight in 2 days...it just really depressed me.

What's my answer? Food? NO! How the **** is that going to help? I'm going rollerskating. Yes, that will help.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Oh, I am so with you Jen! I went up 3lbs this weekend for no apparent reason and now it's so hard to resist the temptation that's all over the place! I know there is some logical reason for the scale to jump (retaining water, almost TOM, blah blah blah), but for some reason, the number still affects me! That's crazy, and it shouldn't. I've resisted the urge to binge, so I guess that's a plus. I'm thinking about switching to only weighing once a week, but I think that would drive me nuts, haha! Maybe I'll try it and see how it goes (next week, lol).

I'm also trying to cut down on the diet soda I drink. For some reason I started a one-a-day habit, and while it doesn't add extra calories, it's probably not good for my teeth and bones. So I'm trying to cut down to one every other day! I didn't have one yesterday, so yay!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #10  
~jus' being me~

No way could you have gained that much "real" weight girls!

Stick to your guns, leave the scales be for a few days and check in later in the week. Am sure it will be gone You have been doing great!

What are the stats .. . to gain a lb you need to overeat 3000 cals or sme huge number.

Last edited by Madison; 07-21-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #11  

Thanks Emily and Danni. I really needed some sympathy.

well, I avg my weights for the week. So it's the trend that counts.

But it does seem so disappointing. I rollerskated at a pretty good intensity for 30 min. So I feel less down than I did. But, I'm still kind of blue.

Danni, you are right. I know Foxxy and I could not have gained real weight (fat). It just made me feel like "wth am I even trying for if that happens!" which i know is defeatism. I'm not going down that route!

The only problem food solves is HUNGER.

oh Good Job Emily on getting rid of that habit of diet soda. It is terrible for your whole body.

Last edited by jendiet; 07-21-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #12  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

didn't dare get on the scale today. tomorrow is day 1. However, all the cake from my son's birthday party this weekend has been distributed to my neighbors. They can eat it or toss it (if they are trying to lose weight like I am). Shouldn't come face to face with large amounts of cake in my house until January (my daughter's birthday).
ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #13  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Day 3 today, and I finally braved the scale after suspecting that I'd gained quite a bit over goal in the past few weeks. Ugh. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed, but I am NOT going to comfort myself by binging... Cuz, obviously, that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Not that there ever IS a good reason for binging (or any way to truly justify it), but binging because you're upset over gaining is pretty d*mn dumb!

(...A pretty d*mn dumb thing that I'm sure I've done before, but that's not important right now. )
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #14  

i agree meredith. Food isn't going to solve the problem of gaining weight...lol.

I am walking around telling myself "the only problem food solves is hunger". I love that quote.

ebb, I totally agree--get rid of that cake if it is a trigger.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #15  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

Day 5.

I got bored and ate a lot of bread.
I think I had like.. 10 or so slices. And they were daaaamn tasty too.
And some cereal with oatmilk.
But it wasn't uncontrollable eating like a binge, but I'm a little disapointed that I didn't find something else to do. -shrug- Baby steps. By day 30 of no binging, I hope I can wean myself off of boredom/stress overeating.
-shrug-

I don't know. Do you guys count overeating as binging, or am I the only one that lets it slide like it's nothing to fret over?
bucketwithapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote