Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #1  

Default Skinny Switch.... yay or nay?

Hi. I am new to this and have tried so many things, lost 60lbs on Jenny Craig and gained it back, currently on Weight Watchers and in 20 weeks lost 6 lbs. I need to do something but dont know what else to do. I have seen the tv infomurcial doe the Skinny switch secret and am intregued as well as reluctant because of all the money time and effort I have done in the past. Any feed back, god or bad would help, thank you!!
lynnm2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180

Height: 5' 11"

I think that the secret is to stick to a good solid diet. When you were on Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers you probably followed much of their advice to the T. What you need to do now is maybe not spend too much money, just 30-50 bucks perhaps and get yourself something that will outline the strategies to a good diet, active exercise routine, etc. and you should be set. Hope this helps.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #3  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I bought this ebook last week, and I wish I would have known what is in this ebook years and years ago. It would have kept me from trying every fad diet known to man, because I would have understood a lot more about how my body works, how to burn fat, and why it is so important to build muscle. It has really opened my eyes. Maybe you will find it helpful too? It does cost about $40 (340 pages).. but to me the information is invaluable. I would have gladly dished out even more! It is written by a "natural" body builder (no steroid use, etc) and even helps you figure out your body type and how you should be eating accordingly to lose weight. I have been using this for about 5 days now and I have to say I am *not* hungry on this plan. You can check it out here:

http://www.burnthefat.com

I would never have shelled out that much money for an ebook if it hadn't have gotten rave reviews all over the 'net - and I think there are threads here about the ebook, too! If you search for "BFFM" here you should see some threads about it.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do!!
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #4  

Did you end up trying it?
dragnflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #5  

not yet, still researching it, but ,most likely with in the next few days I will, just need to get paid so I can grocery shop. I will keep you posted on what happens if you like!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #6  
FatPant Striver

S/C/G: 284/284/274

Height: 5'8

I've also heard of another ebook, Strip That Fat.
I haven't seen a single bad review.. But I haven't tried it myself!
I'm going to buy it in the next week or so, though.
MontanaAshli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:19 AM   #7  
WW Moderator

BFFM is great. You can search on his name Tom Venuto as well.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnm2045 View Post
not yet, still researching it, but ,most likely with in the next few days I will, just need to get paid so I can grocery shop. I will keep you posted on what happens if you like!

Yes, please! Thank you!
Old 07-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #9  

Quote:
I'd also be curious to know what kind of research you've been doing on it. I'm finding it really hard to get any information on the web....

Thank you
Old 07-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnflyte View Post
I'd also be curious to know what kind of research you've been doing on it. I'm finding it really hard to get any information on the web....

Thank you
Actually Ive checked out the entire web site and have researched from this site as well. Most likely going to start it Monday.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
BFFM is great. You can search on his name Tom Venuto as well.
What is BFFM??
Old 07-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #12  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
What is BFFM??
She was referring to my first post in this thread. It stands for "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle". A link to the ebook is in my previous post. It shows you how to combine your foods correctly for maximum fat loss - and according to your body type, focuses on eating good carbohydrates, lean proteins and good fats. It also explains a lot of other things in detail - I wish it would have been available when I was much younger! Then I wouldn't be in this mess
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #13  

A friend of mine bought Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle and said she can't figure out how much to eat (she knows what foods he recommends but can't figure out how much). I was interested in it until she told me that. Is she reading it wrong?
susanje is offline   Reply With Quote