Old 07-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/199/150

Height: 5'6

Default cookie diet

Wow its expensive and extremely low in calories.
I was wondering if anyone has experience with this diet.
My daughter -in-law wants us to try it but I am not so sure.

thanks
cartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #2  

Sounds like something that I'd get sick of really fast. I go with the recommendation to find a diet that you can stick with for good. I'd rather make new habits of eating healthy foods and exercising.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #3  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

So you basically eat cookies at every meal? Where would you be getting your vitamins and minerals from? Sounds a little flaky to me.
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:31 PM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Uhhhhhh no. I've tried every fad diet there is and only got frustrated and cranky. The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat a HEALTHY balanced diet that you can stick with for the rest of your life.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

The "cookies" are expensive, glorified protein bars...not actual cookies. The idea is that you buy these special cookies and eat a very low-cal diet involving only those cookies at most meals. Of course, keeping your calories so low, weight loss is sort of inevitable...but even for their (very low) calorie level, I can get a TON more food cooking my own whole foods, with a whole lot less processing/additives/etc as compared to the cookies.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #6  
Don't Stop Me Now!

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5-10

A lady in my office did this and was very happy with it. She lost around 75 pounds over 9 months and has kept it off for nearly a year now. I haven't talked to her about it recently, so I'm not sure if she's still actively on the program or how it works once you get to maintenance.

She did the very structured form, with regular doctor appointments to readjust her plan as needed. And I remember she was very faithful with the water drinking and the healthy "Free" meals.
sharongracepjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/199/150

Height: 5'6

well I am a new believer in the only way is portion control and exercise. after all the diets I have been on in my adult life.

Guess we were hoping for the "Magic cookie"
Don't think I could live on 800 calories a day anyway !
thanks for the responses
cartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/146.4/122

Height: 5'1"

While I am sure some people could enjoy success on this diet, I cannot imagine that most who do this would keep the weight off long-term. Of course, I don't know the total premise of the diet, but understand you eat some form of healthy "cookies" as a replacement for several meals a day.

After that ends, I would imagine that being faced with filling your meal time with real foods could be a daunting task. As stated above, it is probably far healthier to learn how to eat a balanced meal of real foods. For me, the best way to do that has been by sticking to the perimeter of the grocery store (which obviously does not include the cookie aisle)...
mkmlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I know someone who did this, too. She did lose a ton of weight but, if I am remembering correctly, she did another diet plan along with the cookie diet.

Anyway, I happen to have 2 of the cookies here in my office with me now. They are supposed to fill you up (worth 2 WW points, I'm told) for a long while. I think they expand in your stomach when you drink how ever much water after eating one cookie.

I dunno! I never tried the cookies and I doubt I ever will. I am just not into fad diets and WW is working really well for me...
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 155 / 143 / 125

Height: 5'7

OK, the "cookie diet" really sounds ridiculous. I'm new here, but I have to chime in.

I have been buying "cookies" from a Smart for Life center near me. I've just begun my 4th week and am down 11 lbs and hope to be down 13 lbs after this week.

What I like:

I am learning to eat small amounts every couple of hours.

This is an easy way for me to do it, as I work long days and previously did the starve all day and gorge myself at night.

I am making healthier meals for my entire family, following the plan's guidance (lean protein, lots of veggies, cutting out the white stuff and limiting if not eliminating alcohol).

No brainer way for me to count calorie consumption. I am NOT on the medically supervised program. My plan is 6 cookies that are 105 calories (60% organic, all natural and no preservatives - provides fiber/protein/complex carbs) or I can use any of their cookie substitutes (muffins, puddings, soups, etc.) and then a mid-day and an evening meal - each including 6 oz. protein and lots of veggies. The goal is a 1200 calorie day.

I don't really think it's THAT expensive, considering I am one who needs something simple (I do not have time to cook and prep meals all day) and I need accountability (I can go in and weigh in and get measurements any time I want at the center. I have committed to them to go in at least once a week.) They run specials - I paid for $99 for 14 days of cookies and muffins twice - so $200/month. OK, not cheap...but, I am willing to pay it to get the 30 lbs off and build better eating habits.

It's amazing how much I have come accustomed to eating small portions.

I feel good I have lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks. And yes, I have cheated...but, never gone nuts because I am learning to push the plate away, as I am getting accustomed to small and frequent meals instead of one GIANT meal a day. Also, I was not a big water drinker before, but since starting this plan I have been drinking between 60 and 80 ounces of water a day.
125againgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155 / 143 / 125

Height: 5'7

I had to post to say that I had a check up today with my cardiologist (short story - born with heart rhythm problems - have had 2 surgeries to correct and second one seems to have helped a lot) and found out I am down another pound.

He laughed at my 'cookie diet' but when I told him about what I'm eating for my two regular meals and showed him the pack of cookies and he read the ingredients...he gave the plan two thumbs up!

A big thing for me is to keep steady blood sugar, as I am prone to low blood sugar and it really stirs up my heart issues. He was a fan of this as it's not filled with junk (no GMOs, no preservatives, etc.) and has a good ratio of carbs, protein, fiber, etc. He did ask the question everyone asks...what do you do when you hit your goal?

I have already started food journaling before and plan to continue to use that and figure out how many meals a day and total calories a day I need to be at to maintain my weight. Honestly, I love the cookies and muffins and will probably continue to buy and use them for several mini meals a day. Not a whole lot different than if I were to buy health snack bars at Whole Foods, etc. around the 100 calorie mark.

The great thing is I have LOST my need to eat chips and other salty snacks and drink a cocktail or glass of wine every night. Between keeping the blood sugar steady and the scale moving quickly I am driven and don't feel cheated. I get to eat CHOCOLATE every day, too .

OK - I really don't mean to sound like a commercial. I am a banking consultant...not an employee for this place. I just wanted to share my experience with it so far.
125againgirl is offline   Reply With Quote