Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Plateau then up?

Ok, I know that your weight loss plateaus. But go up? Damn it. That is so disheartening.

It's time to change something up.

NO, I have not been eating too many calories. Trust me. I can maintain on over 2000. I have been getting about 1300/day.

I am on progesterone to stop my period from coming due to very bad cramps. I don't feel like I ovulated--so I really don't think I should get the TOM this time. It would be due the 4th for me. but it could be that?

This may be tmi...But I have noticed, what goes in is NOT coming out. I used to go every day. I haven't been able to go without some stimulant since starting the progesterone. I know progesterone relaxes peristalsis--I drink liquids all day long. I tried to up my fiber with some prunes and mini wheats yesterday. I eat lots of beans, and fruit anyways. But, I haven't gone in 3 days.

I just need a hug and advice to keep trucking.

I am going to really up my calories today. And then drop them. then up them. then drop them. To see if that doesn't help.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #2  

well, no replies, it's ok. I know I am in this for ME...
I went roller skating and good sweat made my blues better. I am not going to let some number defeat my optimism.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Ugh, numbers going up. That is why I hate the scale and decided it is not the best method for me to keep track of my success. I will use it from time to time but I don't depend on it like I did before and I surely stopped obsessing (not saying you are, just that I had ).

You seem like such a strong, determined person and I know you can get past this. Keep your head and never stop believing in yourself.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #4  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

First cuz you need that more than anything!

I can tell you, i stalled last week for 4 days at 228.4 even when I exercised & ate only 1200-1500 calories a day. THEN, went on a 3.5 mile hike on Saturday, woke up with sore thighs on Sunday & up to 229.2. Talk about making me a little cranky. But I just plugged along Sunday (2 mile jog) and Monday (no exercise) and today, 228.

When that scale is fighting you, fight back! Change things up like you said you were going to. Up your calories or change the exercise routine. But keep up the good work.

And as for the *ahem* backup, I'm with you on that. I'm up to 40 grams of fiber a day, and nothings moving right now But when it does, I get a huge whoosh the next day. Try some detox tea, maybe that'll help move things along.. xoxo
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #5  

oh, good idea. I used to drink this tea called "smooth comfort" it worked perfectly. Thanks for the comfort!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #6  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Jen, I'm sure it's just a blip. We all get them, even in maintenance! No worries
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #7  

Thanks Drina. I just wish it wasn't a 3 lb blip! going on 2 days now.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #8  
Blue

S/C/G: 181.4/134.8/115

Height: 5'2 1/2"

Progesterone is the devil when it comes to constipation. I went through an IVF cycle a few months ago and had to use progesterone injections. I have never been so miserable as far as bathroom habits go...and weight gain. Dried apricots were my friend.
BlueIsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

The scale is the I sometimes hate that I let it rule my mood! Instead, think of all the OTHER ways your life is better since you started!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #10  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Take a deep breath and maybe take your scale to your best friends house and leave there for a few days. I'm with skinnychic on this one, the scale can make you nuts sometimes. Just remember that the 3 pounds is NOT fat...you are just full of $hit. LOL It will eventually come out. Some other good "maker-goers" is cantaloupe, a strong cup of black coffee, and walking.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Take a deep breath and maybe take your scale to your best friends house and leave there for a few days. I'm with skinnychic on this one, the scale can make you nuts sometimes. Just remember that the 3 pounds is NOT fat...you are just full of $hit. LOL It will eventually come out. Some other good "maker-goers" is cantaloupe, a strong cup of black coffee, and walking.

I ♥ you!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #12  

omg! Lol! lori bell! hehehe!

well, I ate high fiber cerea,l prunes, and 15 grain bread....I think that did the trick.