Old 03-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

Height: 5'6"

Default LA to Your Door

I received an email today, claiming to be a new online service that will provide LA Weight Loss products. It is called LA to Your Door. I am a bit wary of dealing with any company remotely related to LA Weight Loss, but it would be nice to have access to fresh bars, without the "iffy" factor of Ebay. Has anyone had any contact with this service? I'd like to know more about this before I even consider placing an order.

It almost has the air of NutriSystem, when it went from "brick and mortar" to online.
TracyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #2  

WOW, how scary! They already have over $1,000 of my money as well as other people's money which they never refunded; do they actually think people are going to give them more???? What a gutsy, obnoxious move for them! I was actually hoping that there was another company that would sell the bars, etc.under a different name and stand by their products!!! The thought of giving any money to LA Weight Loss/Pure Weight Loss makes my stomach turn! Boy, could I use that money today!!!!
3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/254/199

I got the e-mail too! I wonder if it is legit the packaging looks the same.
cottonfarmer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #4  

I must admit that I am quite souspicious about this whole idea myself!! I have been a victim of their no-refund myself..over 500$ is still owed to me, not to mention the missing products.

I would definitaly not buy anything from them in the futur!! Tere is no way for me to get a hold of ANYBODY from that company since the backrupcy of my center. I'm from Canada and have tried every LAWL phone number that I could find (including all the phoen numbers in the states) and it all leads nowehere.

Is there a website in your e-mail that gives more details on how to place your order? a phone number maybe?
tanyaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

I don't think it's worth it. The south beach living chocolate bar tastes awesome and seems to work just as well. I only eat one a day though.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #6  

The website is www.latoyourdoor.com. No joke thats the website. I'd be tempted to order jet starts if they ever get them.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6

What are jetstarts?
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #8  

Jet starts are the coffee mocha drink. It counted as a fruit and a dairy. It was a good pick-me-up in the afternoons.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Ohh that sounds great! I have not been able to give up my coffee at all. I only put milk and sweetener in it now but still...that sounds yummy!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #10  

I think what I found off-putting was the deep discount for the monthly delivery contract. I think if they want to have our good will back, they should be offering good deals whether you make a long-term commitment or not.

I am slightly tempted, since I finally decided to do the LAWL plan while on Weight Watchers. It is easy to eat LAWL-style when you have the bars and a snack or two. I've never found a high protein bar from a store that tastes as good as the lites.

I have plenty of time to think about it, since I have almost a whole case of lites in the corner of my dining room!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #11  

Smile LAtoyourdoor.com

I ordered at my Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter LA Lite Bars and Take Off Juice. I received the order in three days and they even called me to make sure my order was okay. I am thrilled, I can get my Lites. They are a different company who owns the rights the distribute the authentic LA Weight Loss products.I WOULD NEVER ORDER THESE PRODUCTS FROM EBAY!IT IS OLD EXPIRED PRODUCT. I order from EBay and the product was not even in a box when it arrived. The bars were stale! If your looking for the real deal... here where you will find it. They told me Slimdown, Jetstart, and bunch of other products will be available in a couple of weeks. I even received a LA menu plan with my order.
dietqueen63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #12  

Smile La To Your Door

LAtoyour door is not la weight loss or pure weight loss - that's the best part about it! LAtoyour door is new company that bought the rights to make the la lites and they even can give you a copy of the diet...it's great. i have been waiting for those products to be available online because i loved the program but unfortuanly my center was one that closed (this economy is affecting everyone). I won't buy them from ebay because most of them are old and nasty. I just got my first shipment and the bars are just as I remember them - AWESOME! I started back on the program too - I already lost 4 pounds in 3 days - it's the best.
JERZGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #13  

I don't doubt your sincerity, but I would rather see testimonials from people with more than one post apiece. Also, the economy did not kill LA Weight Loss. It was a poorly-managed company that ripped off its customers.

I am curious as to where LA Weight Loss IS open these days. I can't find that information anywhere.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #14  

TracyC - I agree! I would bet everything I own that this "new" so called company is just the same people with a new name! They stole my hard-earned money and I will NEVER forget that!!!
3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #15  

Default LA experience....sorry

I guess I had a different experience with LA than you ladies. I apologize! I didnt realize I had to have more than one post to offer my opinion. I just wanted to share my results and maybe begin to build friendships, support...? I was pretty bummed out that my center closed and had a friend that lost some serious money too...but I was in maintenance so it didnt really affect me as much. Regardless, they have a good product and I am glad it's available again. I've done my share of diets but didnt have the results I achieved with LA.
JERZGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote