Old 11-06-2002, 04:52 PM   #1  
Domestic Goddess

Talking Stick um' up and give me your BACON!

Laugh if you must but I cant get enough of this stuff. I never let it touch my lips when I do the LF thingy but now I cant get enough.

You know the movie Forrest Gump he had a fixation with shrimp well, I think I'm getting like that with bacon....dare I say that I have a coffee mug full of bacon grease on my stove. What will I do with it? I dont know, fry some eggs maybe. It could also be the best tasting laxative I've ever had. I wonder if I could use it as a moisturizer?

Anyother bacon nuts out there?
Old 11-06-2002, 07:02 PM   #2  

Yep!

I was so happy to see you on here again, I almost peed in my pants!!!!!

peach
ps....did you say......nuts?
Old 11-06-2002, 07:34 PM   #3  

As says, "Bacon, mmmmmm!" I cook extra and keep a bag in my refrigerator door to crumble on top of salads, or just for a quick snack.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:39 PM   #4  
Slimwithin

And the dietician I talked to yesterday wants me to forego the bacon and switch to that fake turkey stuff. Bah! Humbug! Give me bacon or give me....ummmm...hamburger!!
Old 11-06-2002, 07:55 PM   #5  
Domestic Goddess

Take your bacon....WHAT! Have you ever tasted that turkey rubber? YUCKY!! Do you remember SizzleLean? I can remember having to eat that when I was younger and my DM was on WW and trying out everything on us kids.

Peachy, dont pee your pants. I dont think I said nuts... I dont know what I said. I'm in a fog....detoxing does that to me ya know.

Off to the store tonight. Would any of you care to guess what I need to buy......no laughing.....BACON!!! I'm out and that just cant happen at least not now....not on induction PLEASE NO!!!
Old 11-06-2002, 09:06 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Hey, that's great you are craving something allowed! Want some bacon recipes? I can sure find some!
Old 11-06-2002, 09:47 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

angels on horseback. devils on horseback. cobb salad.

as for the bacon grease. chrissy, you're on your own here!!! the only thing i've ever found about those cans of bacon grease is that they go rancid and stink the place up. of course, if you ahve a dog, you can mix a little in with the dog food...
Old 11-07-2002, 12:20 PM   #8  
Domestic Goddess

Jennifer, Baon recipes sound good to me. Right now my fav. is cooking in until crisp and them wrapping it up in lettuce leaves with a little mayo. YUMMY.

I thought that it would also be good wrapped around a cube of cheese. I'd like to melt the cheese and I supose to do that I'd nuke it.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:29 PM   #9  

Chrissy,
I just posted a recipe for gravy using bacon grease, if you want to try it.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:34 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh! You guys! I have been out of bacon for three days now! I like crispy, almost burnt, I also just love the Canadian bacon that our butcher makes.

And the dogs love a bit of the fat on their crunchies. Luckily, dogs don't have to worry about cholesterol - or much else for that matter!
Old 11-07-2002, 03:32 PM   #11  

Bacon bits! I get ther eal kind--look on the labels and sprinkle on salad for some crunchies--YUMMY!!
Old 11-08-2002, 02:59 PM   #12  
Living Juicy

Talking

I am an addict too. I just LOVE the taste. I had a couple of pieces this morning. I belong to a TOPS group and they are all on low fat diets. If they knew that I ate bacon and eggs and sausage and STILL lost weight and that my cholesterol keeps going down, they would just crap...

hee hee hee.

Let's give a cheer for bacon - I LOVE EATING LOW CARB!!!