Old 07-20-2009, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: MON 07/20

Mornin' ladies!

I have to say, I LOVED the start of the weekend thread
I never have a chance to get online on the weekends...DH and I are GO GO and GO!

DH and I had a fab time on Friday night with friends. We were supposed to help paint but it ended up turning into a BBQ instead.
We had 3 events on Saturday and basically drove all over the city. Boy were we tired!
Yesterday morning we went for brunch with a bunch of family and their friends for a 45th wedding anniversary. My BIL's parents paid for everyone's brunch at this fancy schmancy place....good thing I dressed up!
DH and I were so full from brunch that we both ate soup for dinner at 8pm! I tried to behave myself and only had a few bites of dessert...

Lauren - I hope you and DH had a fantastic kid-free weekend and happy belated bdays!

Bindersbee - Hope you guys are feeling better soon! It sucks when a cold/flu knocks one down at a time in a family

Hope everyone else had a fantastic weekend as well...I'm sorta glad to be back to work today but counting down the days til I hit up NYC with the girls! 11 more days!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Monday

Mornin' Gals.

It's wonderfully cool and a little rainy here this morning. My DH actually got up early and went for a long walk! I'm so happy he has decided to come along on this weight loss journey. He said I "inspired him"! Wow!

I'm a bit disappointed with my weigh in this morning. I maintained. But I did it to myself. Between the PB Crispy square binge, and the 10pm burrito from the taco stand...and...oh gee there was something else - even with the increased activity, I'm lucky I didn't gain!

So time to move - onward...to VICTORY!

Lunch will be sandwiches (no chips for me!) and dinner will be Hamburger Stroganoff. I plan to exercise during nap time.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Yesterday we went blackberry picking and I made a beautiful pie. I told myself I was going to eat one piece with frozen yogurt and be done. Well, of course, I couldn't eat just once piece. So, the scale told me that I ate too much of it this morning. I don't know why I can't resist. It was so fun going out with the family and then my daughter and I made the pie together and so it was worth it. I thought I could handle it. The pie is still on the counter and I promised to not have a piece for breakfast. I guess my old self would have eaten the whole pie.

So, my plan today is to go to yoga later this morning and then take the kids swimming at a friend's house this afternoon. I could bring her some pie.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #4  

Happy Monday!

Not too much going on for me today other than the usual. A friend of mine is stopping by to pick up my 1/2 of the hotel expenses for our Philadelphia trip next week. We're going for business but scheduled extra days before and after to sightsee, hang out with friends, etc. This week willbe focused on getting the kids packed up and all the little things that go with it. My oldest is staying home afterall instead of going to New York. He postponed his trip until the end of August. He's old enough to cook but being the SuperMom I am, I may prepare a few things in advance for him to munch on even though he may eat out more than anything. That's if he even stays home at all. Hopefully he won't throw any wild parties while I'm away.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #5  

Heading to Costco. Pushing the cart around, lifting food items in bulk and this heat ought to help shed a few pounds!!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #7  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

rileyozzy - girl, I so relate with the pie thing. We made PB Rice Crispy squares last week and I ate nearly as many as I wanted with no self control whatsoever. I was really irritated with myself. Why do I even make that stuff if I can't handle it??

sunshine - wow, can't wait to hear about your trip! Sounds wonderful!! And what a good Momma you are, making sure there are things for him to eat. Hope to see some pics!

Well, my best laid plans went kaboom today. No exercise during nap time, and I ordered a pizza for dinner...I only had one piece, but I hear it talking to me. I drank a big glass of water and am now stalling till it shuts up! :eyeroll:
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Hi all! I just started my two weeks of classes for my Masters Degree...so not a whole lot of time to hang out right now but wanted to drop in and say hi again. I did what I was supposed to do today and didn't eat carbs...(south beach) but I feel like I ate a lot. I am not sure if I am doing this 100% right. I am gonna head over to those threads and see what I can find out! Take care! Erin
McMama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
sunshine - wow, can't wait to hear about your trip! Sounds wonderful!! And what a good Momma you are, making sure there are things for him to eat. Hope to see some pics!
Thanks! I try!

I will post here as often as I can while I'm in Philly. I need to stay accountable.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMama22 View Post
Hi all! I just started my two weeks of classes for my Masters Degree...so not a whole lot of time to hang out right now but wanted to drop in and say hi again. I did what I was supposed to do today and didn't eat carbs...(south beach) but I feel like I ate a lot. I am not sure if I am doing this 100% right. I am gonna head over to those threads and see what I can find out! Take care! Erin
Hi Erin. Thanks for popping in.

See ya on the South Beach threads.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:22 AM   #11  

Lucky us! The hubs and I have Swine Flu. Swine Flu! It is a hanger-on-er I tell you! We aren't contagious anymore but I hope we're better for the weekend because we've got a huge party we're co-hosting with the neighbors next door for the entire neighborhood + friends + family.

Generally more than 200 people come. And my house and yard are TRASHED from us not being able to do anything with them for days on end. It's going to be a crazy week!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindersbee View Post
Lucky us! The hubs and I have Swine Flu. Swine Flu! It is a hanger-on-er I tell you! We aren't contagious anymore but I hope we're better for the weekend because we've got a huge party we're co-hosting with the neighbors next door for the entire neighborhood + friends + family.
that's insane! I'm glad to hear you guys are okay!

and I hope you're okay for big party!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote