Old 06-09-2009, 03:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Default How had I never heard of this?

Strawberries, sour cream, and brown sugar

I sliced up some fresh strawberries, dipped them in whole fat sour cream, and then dipped that in some brown sugar -- so good! I ate half a flat of strawberries today. And just so you know, I do WW and have been maintaining for about two months at this current weight, haven't seemed to gain anything back despite a lack of going to the gym and my normal food journaling. It's been sort of great.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

That's my favorite way to eat strawberries. Though to save a few calories I use light or fat free sour cream and mix Splenda into the brown sugar.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:38 AM   #3  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Strawberries sprinkled with balsamic vinegar and a little caster sugar is awesome as well. And fat free!
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

mamaspank, I've never done that, but a few weeks ago my sister bought some fancy-shmancy ice cream in that exact flavor: "Strawberries, Sour Cream and Brown Sugar"
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

That is the *very* best way to eat strawberries.....so good!
firefliesandpixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #6  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I've never heard of that...but I think I might try it.

I will probably go with the lower fat version of sour cream and use the Splenda brown sugar.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

For years I've been making a dipping sauce for strawberries with nonfat plain yogurt and brown sugar (or splenda and brown sugar for myself) that is the recipe that I get asked for most often. Just if you get bored of the sour cream version : )
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #8  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hey Mamaspank,
Sorry to hijack this thread. But I cannot thank you enough! I just wanted to say thanks for posting the asian haircut photo awhile back. I so went and finally got that haircut lastnight. WOW, I look and feel chic & sassy & feel even sexier! So thank YOU for posting that picture, so adorable my husband thinks it is!

I will give this recipe a whirl too, simplicity works for me!

By the way, your new pictures are great, you look so dang good & cute too. Yanno, I think many would like to "spank that mama" instead of being mamaspank! giggle giggle, everytime I read your name, that is what I read instead... go figure! Thanks again, you rock chickie!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #9  

Berry berry GOOD!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwomaniamshe View Post
Hey Mamaspank,
Sorry to hijack this thread. But I cannot thank you enough! I just wanted to say thanks for posting the asian haircut photo awhile back. I so went and finally got that haircut lastnight. WOW, I look and feel chic & sassy & feel even sexier! So thank YOU for posting that picture, so adorable my husband thinks it is!

I will give this recipe a whirl too, simplicity works for me!

By the way, your new pictures are great, you look so dang good & cute too. Yanno, I think many would like to "spank that mama" instead of being mamaspank! giggle giggle, everytime I read your name, that is what I read instead... go figure! Thanks again, you rock chickie!

You just made my day! I have been too afraid to do that haircut because I am trying to grow mine out again, but maybe one day I will be brave enough. It's just hair; right?
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Hm... I'm not sure if I could justify the brown sugar, but I might try this with plain yogurt and maybe honey or maple syrup or something.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspank View Post
You just made my day! I have been too afraid to do that haircut because I am trying to grow mine out again, but maybe one day I will be brave enough. It's just hair; right?

Hey Spankthatmama,
Don't be afraid, I know I was sorta contemplating on gettin er done, wondering if I could pull the look off, but yanno I can and I DO! So I say, Just do it! I have been getting rave reviews of my new do, I LOVE IT! It's so easy breezy and kinda sexy chic and trendy! I have been donning my 80's hairdo for 20 plus years, and I finally took the plunge and got a trendy haircut! This new do, makes my hair look so much thicker, healthier with all kinds of natural curl came out when I got the stacked look, unbeknownest to me, because I always had paper thin stick straight hair, but not any more lots of body to boot! Thank you again, glad I made your day! I only speak the truth!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/205.8/130

Height: 5' 4"

yes strawberries sugar and sour cream is the best.. although i started with bananas when a friend told me about one day. i looked at her like she was crazy sour cream sugar and banana? ew... its actually really good though i love it!
daybyday10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #14  

I like to rinse the strawberries so they are a little wet (and clean too lol) and then just dip them in white sugar. Never tried sour cream and brown sugar!

Last edited by VaporChick; 02-10-2012 at 11:24 PM.
VaporChick is offline   Reply With Quote