Old 07-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/260/150

Default South Beach with children

I am wondering if anyone has done SB while having to make meals for young children as well? Any ideas would be wonderful. I am not wanting to have any reason to fail this time. My DH and I are going to doing SB together.
TexisDolly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #2  

Adding to this the reason I am asking is because they have different nutrional needs than SB beach has.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #3  

Actually SB covers pretty much all nutritional requirements for all.During the first 2 weeks when no fruit is allowed for you and DH, you can still provide it for your children.Same goes for bread.Although now would be a great time to introduce 100% whole wheat products.I cant think of a better woe for a family to follow.Snacks can be veggies,hummus,natural peanut butter,yogurt, fruit, cheese for the kiddos!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #4  

Very good idea, I just don't want to fail.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #5  

I've been on and off South Beach many times. My kids enjoy the meals I prepare and actually eat much healthier. There are some things I add just for them but that's just the norm around here.

Your family should be fine. The family who does South Beach together stay healthy together.

Enjoy and the best of luck!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 07-19-2009 at 07:03 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #6  

I have three young children and they eat most of the food that I make. Like others said, I usually add some carbs to the dinner and lunches. I also make sure that they have several servings of fruit a day.

It is definitely doable.

I also think it is great that your Dh is doing the diet with you. It helps to have his support.
mythreesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #7  

I've been eating this way since 2004 when my son was 6. For the most part he eats the same way that I do (after phase 1). I often make a second vegetable and he eats both veggies if he likes them or at least one veggie and the whole wheat pasta or rice while I eat less of the starch and more veggies.

If you have a little one you will need to keep whole milk on hand of course but that wasn't an issue at my son's age. I let him eat school lunches so this way I knew he was at least eating healthy at breakfast and dinner.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote