South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Pregnant, due 5/30/10.

Height: 5'9

Default Want to get back to the Beach...

Hi everyone,

I'm Kate. I did Phase 1 of the SBD about 2 months ago and lost about 7 lbs! My sugar cravings really disappeared and I felt great.

Soon after completing phase 1, I tried Phase 2 but found myself being a little too lax. Then I was at a kids' camp for a week and made some questionable choices in addition to not having full control of what was put in front of me. Then for the last two weeks, I have been on vacation, where I really blew it. I gained 5-6 lbs.

And tonight, I just ate 2 chocolate pop-tarts for no reason at midnight...now I feel just gross and sick.

I want to get back to the Beach!! Has anyone else been through this, and how did you get back on track?

Thanks for letting me vent - I think one of the best things I can do right now is reach out and find some sort of accountability. Great forum!
kleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:36 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleo View Post
Hi everyone,

My sugar cravings really disappeared and I felt great. ....

I want to get back to the Beach!! Has anyone else been through this, and how did you get back on track?

I think one of the best things can do right now is reach out and find some sort of accountability. Great forum!
Hi Kate

I lost weight on my own for years. It was very slow and painful. The best thing I am doing right now is being an active member here at 3FC. I, too, have miraculously lost my cravings.

I have only been here for 10 weeks. Getting back on track means just getting back on P1 and starting again. Check in daily with the other chicks. Trust me, it will be easier on you the sooner you do it if you want this WOL.

I suggest while you are on P1, to reflect back, and come up with a new plan. Planning ahead has really helped me to keep that "pop tart" in the bag.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:46 AM   #3  

hi kate..so strange..i too, for some reason, could not sleep, got up, checked on line for stuff, just ate a bagel and cheesenips...not good at 3:00 am...then hopped on here and saw your message.

i too did the beach back in feb and lost 7 pounds, but never really made it completely through phase 1, although i was really enjoying it and the pounds were flying off! so what is up, right?

i am now wanting to redo the beach and am going to start today..i had my last fling for 2 weeks a few minutes ago!

hopefully!

i need to lose at least 20 pounds, but more like 35. i weigh 180 and would love to get down to 145. sooooo, i am game to help you along. and vice versa

i also take thryoid med and a beta blocker, which definitely slows down the metabolism. i exercise by walking 5 times a week and do firm dvds on and off.

hope to see a response....peace..rosa

Last edited by ROSABELLA56; 07-15-2009 at 03:47 AM.
ROSABELLA56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:28 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Kate and Rosabella and to The Beach. Please be sure to read the book and check out our FAQ and Recipe sections. Join us on the Phase I and Daily chat threads. A clean Phase I will really help with those nasty midnight cravings!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Kate and Rosabella! We'll all advise you on here that doing a clean, two full weeks of Phase 1 is essential to give you a kick start and prepare yourself for success.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hi kate and rosabella! seems to be the season....
i am a fellow fall-off-the-perfectly-good-wagon-er
i agree-posting here religiously and venting should definitely make things easier for us. would love to be there for you gals- phase one started today for me. a round of on me

jandaman
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:47 AM   #7  

hi! you know, i really didn't even finish a complete clean first phase 1! i cheated with wine..my downfall. i had a medical test done that stressed me out and i had wine and whatever, and i still lost...so yes, i think that completing a diligent phase 1 would help immensely.

ok..so starting phase 1 day 1 today...thank you so much for the support.
ROSABELLA56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

see you on the phase one thread!!
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #9  

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the support.

I was away for a few days and couldn't bear to check back in for awhile. I have been making better choices recently, and plan to start phase 1 again on Monday.

I will be here stalking the forum! Thank you so much for your support and sharing.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleo View Post
I will be here stalking the forum!
Glad to hear from you again! No need to stalk. Your input is appreciated! We're all in this together whereever we each may start.

Good that you're making better choices. It is so much easier on the other side of P1. I'm grateful every day!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just do it, Chickies! See you on the Phase I thread and in the daily.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #12  

Just an update everyone - I am now in the Phase 1 thread and have entered a Beacher Bio. I am back in it, thanks for your support at a time when I really needed it!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:02 AM   #13  

Good luck Kate!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:14 AM   #14  

Good Luck Kate! You can do this!
mythreesons is offline   Reply With Quote