Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/sig/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Question about food delivery programs

Sorry if this has been posted and covered else where, I have been looking through the threads and not finding my particular questions.

I see that most of the delivery programs are either fresh or frozen foods. I am thinking about starting a delivery based diet, either fresh or frozen depending on costs, if I like the food, etc. I doubt that I would do programs where the food is mostly powdered and has to be blended or reconstituted. So how much room does this take up in your fridge or freezer? My husband and I do weekly grocery shopping and a week's worth of food for two fills up our tiny little fridge and freezer. If I did a frozen meal service and ordered monthly, would I have to get a chest freezer? Not that I am opposed, but I would have to figure that into the expense of starting.

I like the idea of treating food as a prescription almost. Here is your allotted amount, now eat it. I don't give much thought to food preparation and consumption, so doing this would probably work well for me. I was thinking about starting with nutrisystem, and maybe going to a more expensive service if I don't like their food. The fresh prepared meal services here in seattle are spendy! I saw on QVC, that they do a monthly package for $240, with free shipping for auto shipment. That seems very reasonable to me, is it more or less ordering from NS? Just gotta get that damn freezer!
tigerente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/sig/130

Height: 5'3.5"

well, after some searching, I found that the nutrisystem food doesn't need to be refrigerated or frozen, so I am going to give it a try.
tigerente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Hello!

I started my weight loss journey at the end of last month and so far have lost about 9#. I credit having a food delivery program. I am using Bistro MD and I have to say with the exception of one meal I have like/loved everything that has been sent to me. I love the variety. I love not thinking about what to make for dinner, especially since the rest of my family will not eat healthy food. The portions are perfect and I am satisfied.

I get delivery by the week and it takes up one freezer shelf of my side by side fridge. I keep the non perishables in a basket on a counter and that doesn't take up much room at all.

I see you found the answers to your questions but I just wanted to encourage you and share what was working for me. I think so many of us are overwhelmed and a delivery system is a great way to start our way to a healthier lifestyle. I can now see very clearly where I have gone wrong in the past with the way I ate. This is good retraining for me!

I wish you all the best using NS. Please let us know how it works for you.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerente View Post
well, after some searching, I found that the nutrisystem food doesn't need to be refrigerated or frozen, so I am going to give it a try.
I don't know why, but when you said that I thought about those military meals, those MREs, lol. (Meals ready to eat or something like that)

Last edited by FattyFatFat; 10-01-2009 at 04:13 PM.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote