Old 07-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #219 Bale of Turtles Reunited and Going Strong!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, keep up your good work. You'll be home soon and you're being so good to your mom. In the meantime if the scale goes up because of TOM, it will be only temporary and the following week, all will be well and that dress will look divine in the fall. Yay!

I had a temporary glitch in my weight loss journey. Having two slices of pizza last night--all salty--tipped the scale the wrong way, but I intend to break through 204# next week. Wish me fortitude!

Okay, gotta run. be well and take care
Judy
234.6/206/204 and 30# down.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #3  
Turtle Buddy

Smile

Hi, Turtles,

Lauren, thanks for the tip on the Omron pedometer. I'll check them out.

Ms. Meri, Thanks for the link to the haunted hotel story. It's an interesting one.

Good luck, Princess! You're doing great.

Judy, don't worry about weight gain due to salt-caused water retention. Drink some extra water, which will help your body rid itself of the excess and remember that gain is temporary.

I'm having an interesting first week. I think I'm going to end up today with extra points because of things like forgetting to take the bread to go with my soup at lunch. But I'm not hungry enough to eat it, anyway. And I'm only eating half of the fruit because I'm full. I will probably finish it later as a snack.

I know I'm not supposed to eat under points, but it's only one day out of the week and I've used some of my flex points. I'll probably end up using a bunch tonight because I have a crammed day. After work I have to go to the post office and the bank, which means I won't get home early enough to cook dinner. We can't eat later because Paul has a rehearsal, so we're going out, probably to Red Robin because it's close and fast enough for him to take me home before he has to leave. They put their nutrition information at each table and it's hard to do low points. So, I'm going to aim for medium and use some flex points. I'm going to go on their web site and see if they have it posted there, also. Then I can figure out the points and make a good decision before I get there. I'll let you know how it goes.

Keep on turtlin!
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:54 AM   #4  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Thursday

Hey look- I followed the bread crumbs and I am here at 219-WOW

anyway lost 4.6 pounds at weigh in last night
the better news is that makes a total of 66.6 total
which is over half way mark of my 132 pound goal

I think I can do this!

msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #5  
Chick

Hey MsMeri,
Weigh to go!!!!! Isn't it wonderful that you're better than halfway there? Hey, this is what you get when you follow the breadcrumbs----and don't eat them!!!!!

All goes well here. I have to tighten up what I eat and plan and prepare better since my ds and his family will be here for a week and the food can get to be a challenge.

Good luck to all the Turtles. Keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/206/204 and 30# down.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Msmeri - WOW, what a fabulous loss! You go, girl!

Judy - good luck with having company, that is always challenging to stay on track, but you can do it!

Hope everyone else is following their plans.

As for myself, I was up 1# last night at Tops. So was alittle disappointed with that. I know I had a few brownies at office & also ate ham 3 nights, but still seems if I have ANYTHING extra it shows at the scales. But, also I didn't get as many walks as usual, so guess all these things make big difference at the scale.

Going away for the weekend to Darien Lake, so that also will be challenging eating away from home. But I will take some point-friendly snacks & probably my own things for breakfast, so that will help.

Anway, everyone have a great OP day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #7  
Turtle wanna be

Wink Terffic Thursday

HAM - yum, yum but it's loaded with evil sodium.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #8  
Turtle Buddy

Nice job, Ms. Meri!!

I met my challenge last night. I discovered that one of the restaurant chains out here, Red Robin, has an online nutrition calculator. You can add/subtract toppings, dressings, etc. from your food choices and figure out ahead of time what you want to eat, including the points. Their food, like most restaurant food, tends to be high in fat and sodium. But I was able to make good choices and stayed easily within my points. And I had leftovers for today.

Tomorrow's weigh-in day for me, so I'll let you know how that goes.

Keep on turtlin'!
Old 07-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #9  
Turtle wanna be

Wink Thursday 2.0

Lin - very good to know. We have a new(ish) Red Robbin in our town. I went there for the first time last week. I won't even tell you what I had.

But when I came home and looked up info for points online I noticed they offer the Boca "burger" substitute. I like them I buy them at the store all the time.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #10  
Chick

Yes Guys. I also like that Outback has a lighter menu you can get online. It suggests that you ask for a steak or burger without the added butter on top. Very good to know---who would think they'd put butter on top of meat that is already marbled with fat? Also, I've had good luck at Applebee's because they feature WW items on their menu. They point them out and everything and they don't taste bad either.

Lin, good luck for a WW WI : I'm so happy you investigated and found out good info.

Having a good day---mean to keep it that way.
Judy
234.6/206/204 and almost 30# down.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #11  
Turtle Buddy

Talking

My first week's weigh-in was (drum roll) 3.5 pounds gone.

I'm home today and have a ton of stuff to do. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Happy turtlin'! (Love the balloons. They make it a party.)
Old 07-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #12  

Hi ladies. Don't know if you remember me or not. After 9 long months I finally welcomed my New little Boy into the world. I am not free to excercise yet since i had a c-section but i am trying to get into the right frame of mind to start getting healthier. I weighed 242 when i got pregnant and weighed in at 253 at the hospital. 2 1/2 weeks after having the baby i am weighing 232. Now if i could just keep it going in the downward direction. It seems like we have a few new people. That is nice to see. They wont remember me so i a may do an introduction when i am able to get on. 3 kids under 4 yrs old is keeping me busy.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #13  
Chick

Lin, : weigh to go! That's a great weight loss. Doesn't it feel good?

Cherry, of course I remember you. Congrats on your baby and double congrats on doing so well with your weight. Let us know how everything is going and give that new little guy a hug and a kiss from us.

Day is like torture with all the pulls toward food I'm feeling, but so far so good. I'm not succumbing and I'm glad I checked this site right now because it reminds me of what I'm supposed to be doing and what the results will be if I make the right choices.

Judy
234.6/206/204 and 30# down and closer to onederland
Old 07-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #14  
Turtle wanna be

Wink Finally Friday

Lin - WOW 3.5 pounds awesome girlfriend! Are you doing anything different or new...
that we should know about?

Cherry - Nice to meet you. I am one of the new ones. I have been doing the "home" version of WW for six months.I really love it, cuz I can eat anything I want. Nothing is off limits (within reason) and I don't feel deprived. I actually think I eat more now being on the program then I did before....Skipping meals and screwing with my metabolism. Exercise is my key, though. I used to sleep for 12 hours (no exaggeration) and I only work 4 hours, and I would come home and veg out in front of the TV for a min of 5 hours. This went on for more then 11 years. That there my dear friends is a recipe for how to make yourself over 300 pounds.
By the way...What's the new little guy's name and stats?

Judy - hang on to the rope! You won't fall in if were holdin' ya. When ever I want to give up (especially exercise) I remember my Internet friends are counting on me to do my part.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #15  
Turtle wanna be

Wink Did you get this?

Here are six tips for getting a guilt-free chocolate fix.

1. Keep it pure.

"If you want chocolate, have chocolate, don't have chocolate cake," says Collins. "You'll get the intense chocolate flavor, and you won't be getting the extra calories and unhealthy fats."

2. Choose wisely.

While chocolate may have some health benefits, it should still be eaten as a treat. "It's not a substitute for fruits and vegetables; it's a substitute for other discretionary calories," says Collins. So when snacking, should you pick chocolate over a pear? Probably not. How about chocolate instead of potato chips? Yes, indeed!

3. Eat what you like.

The darker the chocolate, the more phytochemicals (and usually less sugar) it contains. Its flavor is also more intense than milk chocolate. But if you don't like the bitterness of dark chocolate, don't think it's your only option, says Collins. "If what you really like is the milk chocolate, then have what you like, because you're eating this for pleasure."

4. Think bite-size.
It usually just takes a little bit of chocolate to curb a craving. That's why Collins suggests buying chocolate in small portions. "Don't buy the larger size because the unit pricing is better…you won't stop. It's human nature," she says.

5. Get a liquid fix.
Hot cocoa is another way to enjoy chocolate. Make your own low-POINTS® value version with cocoa, skim milk or water and a sugar substitute. Look for "natural" cocoa, not "Dutch-processed." The processing significantly diminishes its phytochemical content, says Collins.

6. Savor it.
If you really love chocolate, slow down and enjoy it instead of gobbling it down on the go. This way, says Collins, "You will get so much enjoyment out of a small amount that you won't need to eat a bagful."

From Weight Watchers