Old 07-17-2009, 02:34 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Mi Caballo! OK, now it's a mediterranean horse

Still struggling to get back in the saddle, so I've joined Tescodiets on a special 12 weeks for the price of 8 deal. I've got a print-off shopping list for their mediterranean diet, and will go get the stuff once I've led school prize-giving this morning.

I know I've always been an advocate of, you don't need A Diet, just count the calories but just at the minute I feel I need a focus boost.

I will NOT roll back!

Donna and Lottie63 ~ you said you were struggling with your horses too: come on! Get the bits and bridles on and ride along with me and my caballo! We'll ride into town like the Magnificent Three, and take on the Fat!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:30 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good job on recognizing and being open to the fact that you may require a change right now. That's a very important part of this ungoing, never ending journey. I think it sounds great! I'm excited for you and look forward to seeing a new thread how you are firmly back in that saddle - because you WILL be. I've no doubt in my mind about that.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Don Quixote comes to mind and now I have an ear worm.

I love to see your determination - it's as good as silver spurs.

(I assume you ride English rather than Western.)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

I do ride English, the rising trot is a killer. Although the last time I had a riding lesson (many decades ago) I got told off for trying to neck rein the horse to steer it (English is much odder can't remember it now). Too much High Chapparal, I guess.

Don Quixote! Must read it. I'm goin to change my user name to Rosinante. I always felt sorry for the horse, as the name means 'Used to be a Cart-horse', I always thought everyone was meant to laugh at the lumbering beast. Then I read a criticism of the book, not so long ago, when it said that Don Quixote/Cervantes had set the horse free: it Used to be a cart-horse, now it was a mighty steed.
That's me. Used to be a cart-horse, now a thoroughbred. Ailidh = Rosinante!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

If you are serious, let me know. I can change your user name in two seconds!
(I'm power-mad!)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

Hm.
Can I have a stroke?

That was not an improper suggestion Could I be Ailidh/Rosinante? Or Rosinante/Ailidh?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I've never been good around the very few horse I've been around but I'll take a ride with you. I'm on my second day back to calorie counting and though I had a lousy time the last 12 hours stresswise, I'm doing good with the calories and already saw a change in the scale this morning and back down to 296lb. Yeah! That Mediteranean Diet sounds good. We'll have to ride slow I think!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #8  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I'm doing great the last three days, getting easier every min.

We can do this!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:43 AM   #9  
Happy Plodder

Well done, you fellow caballeras!
I've just begun my Medieterranean Diet Drive. It's interesting having a menu to follow, rather than just count my own calories. The breakfast - a home made banana/berry smoothie, crumpet and honey, lf yogurt - seems Huge, but I've committed to trying this programme, so dutifully eating it.
I did the supermarket shop for it yesterday - and all I can say is the 2nd week of the programme better use some of the stuff I bought! I've never in my life spent £80 for One week's food for One! Of course, if the 2nd week doesn't use up some of the 1st week's, I'll just repeat week one until the cupboards are bare!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:01 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You are too cute. I see you even changed your user name.

Your breakfast certainly sounds yummy. How are the other meals sounding? And snacks. Also, just wondering, out of curiosity did you tally up the calories? I know they're doing all the "work" for you, but I would think that you're the type that might do that.

Have a good day and enjoy the rest of those meals.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #11  
Happy Plodder

I think I might have checked the wrong box, I was aiming for combined recipe and ready made but I've got all recipes. Oh well. Of course I could change but I've bought all the dang stuff now!
So lunch was a large green salad with avocado, butter beans (should have been garbanzo but picked up the wrong can in the supermarket) and sesame seeds. Supposed to be served with a rice cake (oh joy) but I didn't have any, so had a slice of seeded bread instead.
Snack of butterbean dip on crispbread.
Can't remember what dinner is yet.

The calories are only not more than 1200, which is a bit low, so I'll put in some extra fruit, perhaps.

Interesting day with it: I really do not like planned diets, planned by someone else, that is, but I felt it was the only way to get my assets in gear again. So feeling a bit crabby but I spent so much money on the ingredients, I refuse to spoil things by not sticking with it.
So far so good.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #12  
Happy Plodder

Ruthieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thankyou for giving me the stroke - but please can I be brave now and go all out for Rosinante? I really do feel like a cart-horse transformed!